FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhat do you call your private bits?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do you call your private bits?
    Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:47am
Hi! I know we are supposed to teach our children to call all their bits by their real names, but I'm sorry, it just sounds silly saying to my DD thats your vagina & anus (yes, I have read in two books lately that anus should be used not bum which in my opinon is different anyhow, but hey ho, I'm no expert) ....anyway, just interested what everybody else calls everything
Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:53am
mostly i just refer to the whole area as bottom with the kids. Front bottom and back bottom.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:56am
Ella calls hers her giney and her bottom.
She couldn't quite say vagina so I figured giney was close enough that anyone professional who asked would know what she was on about.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 10:11am
Andrew calls his penis his pee pee and its his bum.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 10:27am
jack calls them 'penis' and 'gina'. couldn't be bothered with all the fluffy names you can use, figured it's better for people to know what he's really on about....which may come back to haunt me later!

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 10:31am
oh yeah, and 'bum' anus just sounds very wrong to me!

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 10:49am
Bay calls his a "doodle" or "diddle" and the back is his bum.
My nephew calls his a "peke".
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 10:53am
Well I call McKayla's bum her bum and then in Afrikaans there is the word Paddatjie for vagina that usually gets used although I havent used it get. (it is afrikaans for froggie)

Havent really called it anything. Have used the word Vagina however.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 11:46am
nothing wrong with bum to me - if i was refering to his anus i would call it anus - but i havent had a need to yet... penis is used here but we also refer to it as a willie too - i am of the opinion that they need to know the correct names but they dont have to be used all the time as slang words for privates are always used too and i wouldnt want my child to be laughed at for not knowing what a willie was...
havent had much need for vagina or vulva or any of that tho luckily.      

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 1:35pm
We usually refer to front bottom and back bottom... or the whole as a bottom. Sometimes there is reference to "where my wees comes from" etc and I taught Hannah what her anus was the other day (which incidentally is very different from bum in my opinion!!). But I added that it's "private" to talk about anuses lol, to help curb any tea-time conversation which would otherwise come up.

I don't know when I'll introduce "vagina"... Hannah doesn't even know that she has one!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 2:16pm
I used to say whizzer, but now I say diddle and bottom or bum, and he knows what they are, and can say all of them (diddle, bottom and bum) I asked him this morning if he knew where wees came from and poos, and he knows, he grabbed his bits. He likes to bust in on me when I'm on the loo and say bye bye wees when I flush! lol! Haven't done the whole vagina thing yet... Probably will say front bottom or giney. Vagina and vulva make me feel a little "school teachery"?. I HATE fu fu, I cruinge when I hear people say that, so we won't be saying that.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 3:41pm
DH hates it when I say giney to Abigail, so he has to suck it in. The older kids know the real names of their bits, but ever since he was two Jayden has called it his "nugget" for some reason and it has stuck. So although he knows it's real name we refer to it as nugget and at least that way when we are out and he says at the top of his voice "Owww my nugget hurts" no one else knows what the hell he is talking about. Not sure when I will use the words vagina with Abby as she has the habit of repeating new words over and over again which could cause some very embarrassing moments. She calls it her bum. As for Anus I don't use that term it bum or bottom.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 3:46pm
there is just no nice word for vagina is there, I mean diddle, wizzer, doddle etc are all non offensive names for the lads, but for us girls we have a choice of names that just like jacobs Mum most make me cringe, they are all very adult like names and just crude.
I have never heard of giney, I think that seems to be the best of a bad bunch
thanks everyone!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 3:59pm
i would prob go for fanny - or how bout what they called it on greys - cant remember what it was but it was funny.

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 4:06pm
We use fanny, willy and bum/butt.

They know the real terms but prefer to use the above.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by gsmum gsmum wrote:

i would prob go for fanny - or how bout what they called it on greys - cant remember what it was but it was funny.

Va-jay jay
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 4:52pm
when i was younger we use to call it "tontons", "hamburger" and well i wont say the others as these are gross enough!! I remember always refering to it as "tontons" but my sis taught me that as my mother is very "vagina/penis" worded! so im guessing she made us say it properly!
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 5:14pm
We use Bum and Zaara knows what it is. However I never used any thing for vagina.....however when I change her nappy and she touches her self there...I say "Dont Touch" ...because I am changing her and now every time I say Dont Touch she touches her self there...Crap I think thats what she thinks its called! I might have to teach her other wise.

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 5:20pm
Lmao Roksana!!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 5:38pm
when the boys played with themsleves when i changed them i would tell them to leave it alone - you can play with it in the bath if you want.

i cant even remember what we called them when i was younger, think mum referred to it as a fanny.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>