FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWill be TTC in early 2012 - Anyone else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will be TTC in early 2012 - Anyone else?
    Posted: 28 September 2011 at 3:53pm
Hi there

I was on the other "waiting to TTC" but it was waaaay too long and felt like I was getting ignored by everyone on there. So have started a new topic. For those wanting to have a baby, still waiting to TTC but waiting until next year in 2012

Im all a bit new to this and although my DP and I are not looking at trying until early next year I just wanted to come on here and i guess get use to everything and start getting some advice from people out there who already have children and the moment and/or are currenly TTC.

Also just wondering if there is anyone else out there that is in a similar situation to me. You've been with your DP for a couple of years and the topic of children has come up but you need to get a few things sorted out before you start TTC.

Well thats me.
My partner and I have been together for over two years now and we've been talking about having kids. He'd make a awesome Dad as he works with kids on a daily basis.

But before we start to plan to have kids there are a couple of things that we need to get sorted out first. Like getting the credit cards down for one. Now I know you can never have enough money when you have kids but surely but getting the credit cards down and clear its a start and a huge help

We have set our sights on about Feb/March next so that way when/if we do go on Materinty leave I would have been in my job for about 3 years. Plus it will also give me a chance to add up some of the annual leave I get through work and use that before my maternity leave kicks in. Giving me an extra month of pay whcih will help us out so much in the end.

Wouild love to know if anyone else is in the same situtation or similar situation as me
Sponsored Links

CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 4:02pm
Good luck with your journey Terri - DH & I were EXACTLY the same - we'd been together for just over 3.5years when we fell preggo...

Though we'd talked and talked about kids and had been extending when we'd start TTC by 6mths here, 6mths there as we wanted to pay stuff off, go on this holiday, oh haven't been at work long enough..... till Oct last year I put my foot down, booked a Dr app that was a few weeks out to get the IUD taken out.... SCAREY!!

Took us a bit to get our heads round the whole 'we're not preventing this anymore' but after a few months we were into the swing of things, still worked through our plans - and to be honest have made the most inroads into paying stuff off since I've been pregnant.

I haven't actively saved my annual leave (we had a 3week holiday in Feb to visit family in Canada & get married, Concieved the first weekend we were home!) I've managed to accumulate enough for 4weeks of ANN before the maternity leave kicks in. THis also means I'll get a pay from work in Nov - something I hadn't worked into our budgets so will give us a nice saving.

Anyways a nice mini book about me - all the best for your journey!

BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 4:35pm
Hi Michelle

Yeah people always say that you can never really be ready or have enough money when you have a baby. But hey at least I can try to get there and start my way in terms of being a little bit better financially stable

Thank you for sharing your story with me :) I really appriciate it.

While we are getting a lot of 'practise' in. We still wont be actively TTC until next year. So Im still on the Pill and while I know its not always 100% we are still being 'safe' as we can until next year. I will probably start looking at booking a doctors appointment to see what I need to do in the lead up to all this. I know its best that I start to take Folic Acid about 3 months before we start trying

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 4:57pm
Do you plan on coming off the pill before you want to TTC to give it a chance to get out of your system or are you ok with a possible delay in conceiving?

I haven't been in your situation, I had DS1 unexpectedly then TTC for DS2 was planned like a month AFTER we got our BFP lol so he was an early planned babe I guess but I love reading other peoples plans!

You should check out Dave Ramsey if you want to get ahead financially. Actually Jazzy broke his steps down brilliantly in a thread over in general but I can't remember what its called. Anyway GL!!!!
Mintyfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mintyfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:41pm
I would definitely give yourself a few months off contraception before ttc - we didn't and my cycles were so messy it was two months before i realised we had conceived first go, and thus I didn't realise my pains were from an ectopic pregnancy, and the doctors didn't want to scan me as my hcg was low and they thought I was 4 weeks.

It would have been so much easier medically if I had been off contraception for longer.
ALittleLoopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2011 at 8:46pm
Agree with the early bcp quit too...

Well be not preventing from jan all going well but well see, I'm charting at trying to see what happens with me as my cycles aren't even cycles yet lol

CHEM 6/12+
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:19am
Yeah I'll prob come off the pill in about December to give my body a break from it all and then see how we go.

We dont mind if we dont conceive straight away. I will b e going to the Docs in about December anyway to talk to her and she what she suggests etc.
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:35am
Hey! I had been looking for another thread to join, (it's a bit scary venturing out of my due thread) and agree that the TTC one is huge!
Thought I would introduce myself in here.
I'm Rach, my DF & I have a darling 10 month old daughter and we are hoping to start TTC #2 early 2012.
I kinda wanted to try before then, but decided to be sensible and pay off some bills first, and I would like to enjoy my DD's first birthday and christmas first too.

I am also starting charting, I never have before, and just wanted to get an idea of my cycles. Luckily they are pretty regular (I can almost know to the day when my period is due) but it will be interesting to see how easily we get pregnant second time around.

BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:28pm
Welcome Rach :) glad you could join us :)
I have an app on my phone (android) that helps me track my period and also my Ovulation dates. Its pretty spot on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 3:09pm
I still havnt had af...well I think I have but not a proper one...I spotted a lil bit two months back back for two days then nothing for a month, then I spoted again for two days and 20days after that i had a super light af? With a day of spotting after...now cd15 if you count light af as day 1....any of that sound like anyone else...DD is still bf day and night

CHEM 6/12+
P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 3:14pm
I can't really help unfortunately. My AF came back as soon as I dropped one BF, so I got totally ripped off! lol
Have been getting them monthly since she was about 3 months old.

It may just be taking your body a few months to get back into its routine?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 3:37pm
We aren't in a rush to ttc #2 so don't mind it taking longer than it did with dd1 which was 6months really but Id like to know what my body is up to all the same, I have end and adeno so want to know if its improved with having her or worse or no change too

CHEM 6/12+
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by BDTM14 BDTM14 wrote:

Welcome Rach :) glad you could join us :)
I have an app on my phone (android) that helps me track my period and also my Ovulation dates. Its pretty spot on.

Which App are you using?
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 1:16pm
Its called My Days. The icon is like a flower. Yellow int he middle and Red and Purple petals.
You should look into it and try it out.
IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 10:19am
Originally posted by BDTM14 BDTM14 wrote:

Its called My Days. The icon is like a flower. Yellow int he middle and Red and Purple petals.
You should look into it and try it out.

Cool thanks, I'm using Womanlog at the moment that seems to be pretty good but it's always good to try other ones too!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:01pm
No Probs 111111 :)
hope it works for you :)
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 12:02pm
Put your name in the month that you are trying and we can then all see how we progress

January

February
- BDTM (Terri)

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

P&E'S Mum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&E'S Mum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:02pm

January
- PeytonsMum (Rach)

February
- BDTM (Terri)

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALittleLoopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:25pm

January
- PeytonsMum (Rach)

-ALittleLoopy #2

February
- BDTM (Terri)

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

hi ladies, iv been through hell this past weekend, i was in hospital with DD she had viral pnumonia so was on oxygen and antibiotics...gah only got home yesterday..started spotting again....any other mummas in here have like 20 day cycles after baby?

Edited by ALittleLoopy

CHEM 6/12+
BDTM14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDTM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 1:28pm
Just started taking Folic Acid today :) here's hoping that by the time we actually start actively TTC it will be all good :)

I've also been told to heck my Iron count...and also should make sure that my DP should be starting to look after himself a bit more too...but like how?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>