FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour S.O’s reaction to the news...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your S.O’s reaction to the news...
    Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:27am
My partner's recation was:

'I TOLD YOU I HAD SUPER SPERM' followed by 'I should text my best mate, at least he got six
months of trying before his wife fell pregnant.'

This response was a little surprising as the pregnancy was unplanned (I was expecting a swear word or possibly a 'are you sure?')
Sponsored Links

Lizze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 11:14am
hehe

My DP was the one who suggested we start ttc, when i told him, he said
'Really? oh my god' and started jumping around the car with a huge grin on his face

caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 11:40am
My DH responded with

"really ? thats great babe ....btw , I can't believe you told me this over text "

then when he got home it was
"I cant believe you told the girls in the 2ww thread before me "

littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 11:46am
Poor DH was still in bed when I shoved the test in front of him harping on about two lines - maybe in hindsight shoving a stick I'd peed on in front of a man just waking up wasn't the most romantic of ways of telling him this time round.
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 1:00pm

Originally posted by caitlynsmygirl caitlynsmygirl wrote:

My DH responded with

"really ? thats great babe ....btw , I can't believe you told me this over text "

Mine too!!

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 1:35pm
DH just said "cool" (via text....he knew I was testing). Different story when I told him it was twins...."you're shi*ting me"
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 2:16pm
Mine was crook in bed and half asleep. He just said, "I knew you were." He didn't seem properly excited till I had a scan at 11 weeks and he saw the baby waving at him
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 2:47pm

Well I lined up the 6 positive tests in a row on the bathroom sink and showed him. he was like "cool, thought you were this time around" gave me a hug and a kiss and wandered off.

He's only recently started getting excited, especially since baby kicked him last night.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 3:18pm
When we found out I was pregnant the first word he said was F$#k! (and he NEVER swears) we both cried for a week!
Then once we had started to get excited we found out it was twins he literally didn't speak to anyone for an hour!

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 3:20pm
We had been trying for a year with Spencer and his first words were " I told you I wasn't sterile" haha.

HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 3:49pm

I can't remember what he said. I know he was a bit stunned though lol.

He works night so came home told me he was going to hang out in the lounge, I told him and he came into the room and turned the lounge lights and tv etc off. When I said I thought he was going to hang out the front his response was well I can't do that now can I.

He was happy though, as I had made fun of him before I tested saying that if we didn't fall pregnant this time he must be sterile

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 5:00pm
I had two extremes.

Sam's dad said "I am going to move as far away from you as possible and never ever ever see you again, I don't want anything to do with this and I never want kids" and was generally really angry/upset about it until somebody told him to grow up and be a man.

This ones dad said "OMG OMG OMG OMG I AM SO EXCITED, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED CHILDREN, THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE" and was generally the happiest man in the entire world and hasn't stopped smiling since.
Gardengirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardengirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 5:16pm
A bit like Littlestar - DH was barely awake and still in bed when he got a test strip waved in front of his face and me harping on about a second line - and about the faintest line you could imagine. Poor boy. He then spent the next couple of days telling me not to get my hopes up too much as he thought a faint line wasn't really a line.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 5:18pm
I had the 2 extremes too Renee

With Caitlyn's dad he freaked out and nearly crashed the car , and started harping on about terminations

Tyler's dad was relaxed about it (we'd been trying) and bought a bottle of wine on the way home to celebrate, then decided I couldnt have any (since I was pregnant) so er, drank it himself ( and it was my favourite kind! )

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 6:57pm
Lol Kelly at the wine!!

First time I called him at work and he was pretty shocked but when I picked him up had a huge grin on his face and gave me a big hug (this one wasn't planned)

Second time (we tried for this one after miscarrying the previous) He was going I can see a line!!! Lol, first test was extremely faint and we were both just saying to each other, is there a line, there is a line there aye! When we worked it out he had a huge smile on his face again and laughed at me for having tears in my eyes, then told me I'd better get on here and let everyone know lol.

Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by lemongirl lemongirl wrote:

My partner's recation was:

'I TOLD YOU I HAD SUPER SPERM' followed by 'I should text my best mate, at least he got six
months of trying before his wife fell pregnant.'

This response was a little surprising as the pregnancy was unplanned (I was expecting a swear word or possibly a 'are you sure?')

That was one of the first thing my DH said too haha.
I sent him a pix of the test and he said he knew before he saw the test as I never send him pics lol.

Angel March 2011
mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 8:07pm
The first time we had decided not to try anymore and move back to the UK. I told him I thought I might be pg and he said well if you are I guess its a sign we should stay here. A few days later I took the test and he was in the garden and ran out there like a mad woman grining and giggling and waving the test around and he looked at me we a half smile and said "no london then?".

The next time he told me I wasnt allowed to test until 15DPO so at 11 DPO I told him I was positive I was pg again and if my temp was still up tomorrow morning I was going to test. The next morning my temp was still up so I took the test and then got back into bed and snuggled up and whispered in his ear "morning daddy"... he just said really? cool! and went back to sleep!!! He was pretty stoked when he woke up properly though LOL.

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 9:36pm
I cant remember what DH said the first time but with this bubs, we were both looking at the POAS at the time and when the line appeared DH said "A line is a line baby, were having a sproglet"! With a sign of relief we could stop having scheduled sex lol
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 9:46pm
We cried for about a week too, Lisa85 - DH's response was "well, I guess I'd better get a REAL job then" (self-employed, he freaked out a little).
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2009 at 9:26am
i called DH at work, we'd been trying for 9 months and all he said was "cool" he was actually super stoked but he isnt much of a talker or get very emotional. i had a friend ask if i was pg though cos apparently DH was walking round work with a massive grin on his face all day he couldnt wipe off. lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>