FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC#1 early 30s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Georgie K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC#1 early 30s
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:34pm
Hi, I have paid a visit to Oh Baby! a few times now, so finally decided to make my presence known!

My husband (31) and I (32) have decided to start TTC#1 in September this year (although if it happens earlier, I won't be too concerned!. I came off the pill coming up three months ago, so pretty much still trying to sort out cycles etc at the moment.

So I was wondering if there is anyone else out there in a similar situation who is intersting in posting over the next few months!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Me: 32
DH: 31
BFP: 16 September 2006
EDD: 25 May 2007
3 ocicat furbabies

Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:02pm
Hey I just wanted to say hi and welcome! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and advice here.

lenabeanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenabeanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:07pm
Hello!!

Well I am in a similar boat to you (in a roundabout way!) I am 19 TTC #2 (first child was a "happy accident")
I came off the Depo in October and just got my first period last week in two years. So have just started to sort out cycles (will take a while though to get it sorted)
This is all new to me in the sense that I am learning all about TTC , cycles, ovualtion times etc!!

Good luck and sending Baby Dust!
Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:53pm

Hi & welcome to ohbaby Im 29 (thats close to 30 isnt it?) been TTC #1 since OCt 04 after m/c in aug 04. The husband is 26 and we are going for our 2nd fertility appointment (finally!!) next friday. Im def interested in being a post buddy over the next few months.... < language=>

Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 7:13pm
Hi just wanted to say Welcome to Ohbaby you will find lots of support on here
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 10:07pm
hi and welcome - im about to turn 35 (UGH) and Dh is slightly younger....we recently began ttc and DH about to get tested....
Best of luck to you - feel free to Pm me anytime if you want to chat
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 8:29am
Hi Georgie, I am 32 and DH is 37, we are TTC baby # 1 and have been for about 23 months so far.
Good luck with your TTC
Lou
Millie1976 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 10:32am
Hi Georgie,
Welcome to Oh-Baby. This website is great and has been really informative. Good luck with TTC and lots of baby duet to you
Sebastien 2 years old
Olivier 3 3/4 years old
Georgie K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 9:28am
Hi everyone

Thank you for all your welcomes and introductions - and offers to chat! I am looking forward to it!

Lenabeanz - yes, looks like we'll be learning all about what our bodies are up at the same time!

Binka's Mum - sorry to hear about the m/c. Fingers crossed all goes well this time! Good luck with your upcoming appointment.

Bombshell and Lulu - all the best to you also for TTC!

In just over a one-week period, I have found out that five people I know are pregnant, and a girl I used to work with had her baby. Another girl I work with had her baby in January. So fingers crossed for all of us!

As everyone does, I am hoping that it doesn't take us too long to conceive, but coming up to my mid-30s I know that it's a strong possibility!

Well, I suppose that I should really go and do some work today! Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Edited by Georgie K
3 ocicat furbabies

mellybelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellybelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:09am
Hi Georgie,
I am 31 (nearly 32) DH 32, we have been TTC for coming up 2 years, had a miscarriage a couple of weeks back but are getting back into the swing of things again, so to speak, will start TTC next cycle.

You will find a lot of support and information on this site, all the girls are great and have helped me through.

I was/am in the same situation with hearing about friends and co-workers either being pregnant or just having babies, it's all around so hopefully it starts rubbing off.

Good luck with TTC. look forward to hearing about your progress.
Kellie G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellie G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 2:32pm
Hi,

I am 34 but I will be 35 at the end of the month (Bummer) and DH is 36. We have been TTC#1 for a year now and had a miscarrage in April.

We have just started again but don't know where I am at with my cycle as this is my first one after the miscarrage. So I am about day 25 today and am waiting to see if I have 28 day cycle or 34 which is what I was before miscarrage.

Godd luck to you all with TTC and would like to talk more often to you as well.
Georgie K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 2:40pm
Hi mellybelly and Kellie!

I'm glad to see there are a few of us around in the 30s TTC#1. Sorry to hear about both your miscarrages.

I'm not really sure what my cycles are. Before I was on the pill I think (never thought too much about counting it then) that they were not completely regular. My main problem was that every couple of months, I had extremely bad cramps where I would have to take a day of work. I am really hoping that they don't come back now. So far, I've had a 24 and a 26 day cycle. Maybe will be 28 this month?? Should find out within the next week.

Looking forward to chatting again soon, and hearing good news, hopefully in the near future!
3 ocicat furbabies

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:59pm
georgie since coming off the pill mine have been all over the show....some 28 days (like i alawys thought they were) and others up to 35 or 36 days. Most sit around 28 - 30 days and cramping seems weird since I came off the pill as I (sorry TMI) just basically bled before and nothing else. These new pains freak me out and often make me wonder if I am pg or getting AF.
We found out that the doctors are more willing once you hit 35 to push things along which is great but obviously means we are higher risk and less chance...so def push your doctors along a bit.
All the best for ttc and again we all here to chat if need be. Its a huge journey we on ttc #1 in our 30's after all those years of trying hard not to be a teen / young mum!
Georgie K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:10pm
Bombshell - isn't it amazing how you spend so many years trying not to get pregnant and then when you want to, age has crept up and you realise it's going to be a lot more difficult!

I must admit these forums are really addictive, and a great way to avoid work! (My manager is away this week!)
3 ocicat furbabies

Kellie G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellie G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:21pm
Yeah I totally agree when I was younger and my AF was late I would freak and think I was pregnant and now I dread it when my AF turns up. Sure is hard doing the right thing???

I know these forums are addictive I am a bit bored with work so it is great to fill in the day with this.

Before I had my miscarrage I had lots of niggly pains and things and was freaked out because I was really worried I had an eptopic pregnancy but found out I didn't so that was good. As I have PCOS and have a high chance of having eptopic preg but seeing as my first preg wasn't in the tubes chances are the next one wont be either.
Georgie K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:43am
Fingers crossed Kellie that you'll get pregnant again soon and all will go well this time. I must admit that it scares me a little to think how common miscarriages seem to be. However, my cousin is nearly three years older than me. They conceived straight away with their first (he is about 18 months now), and now she is pregnant again. I suppose that everyone is different, and I always try and believe that things happen for a reason, even though it can seem hard at the time.

Yes, work is not completely challenging me at the moment, so lots of time to keep checking the forums! In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that we are about to TTC, I would be looking for another job. A couple of months I did apply for one, but didn't get it (a completely biased and unfair interview didn't help!).

Oh well, should go and make a start on some work, and hope to chat to you again later.
3 ocicat furbabies

Phat_Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phat_Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 4:39pm

< language=> Hi to all the newies

Kellie & melly sorry to hear about your m/c i too have PCOS & am off to the fertility clinic again next friday to see what our next step is as all has not been well with me since the m/c (not trying to scare you or anything) as said everyone is different. A friend of mine concieved on the next cycle after her m/c & went on to have a beautiful boy.

I so hear you on trying not to fall pregnant I so didnt want to be a solo mum like my mum (im one of 5) even though she wouldnt change anything she still found it hard ( i keep telling her that she should have stopped after number one ME!!!LOL) and i always wanted the married before kids thing lol oh well suxh is life at least ive got the husband part sussed

Tristen - 24/06/07
Rylan - 11/12/08
Angel Babies -14/08/05 & 21/01/2010
Curtis - 26/02/12
Georgie K View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgie K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 4:57pm
Well, it's nearly the end of another Friday (yeah!), so just wanted to wish everyone a nice weekend!

Chat to you again next week! (I only have dial-up at home, and it's not great on these sites, so I try to post at work instead!)
3 ocicat furbabies

tarshaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarshaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 4:48pm

Hi Georgie - I'm Tarsh and I'm 30. I have one beautiful little girl (Bethany) and dh & I have been TTC#2 for 18 months now.  We had 2 miscarriages along the way sadly.

All the best for TTC - I hope it is a short journey for you!

scottanya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottanya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 11:38am
Hi Georgie K, theres lots of us out here.   See my posting still not pregnant, I am 32 and have been trying for about 6 months but have been off the pill for nearly twelve months. Hang in there and keep us all posted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>