FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedD&C, still bleeding 2 weeks later [:x]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D&C, still bleeding 2 weeks later [:x]
    Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:59am
Obviously a TMI rant on its way.

My bleeding shows no sign of letting up. Every so often it will stop for a half a day at most and I think to myself 'woohoo!' and then it restarts again.

I made the mistake of going back to my running group last night but had to quit not long into the run due to moderate cramps and sure enough the bleeding had picked up.

It's very very frustrating and I begin to think if it's EVER going to stop.

I thought the point of the D&C was to avoid the weeks of misery associated with a prolonged miscarriage as I was 13 weeks when I had the D&C but the baby stopped growing around 8 weeks.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Sponsored Links

jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:28pm
I am having the same frustration and upset (though I am behind you with timing). It's been 9 days and over the last 4 days the bleeding will slow right down, then it's suddenly back again with a vengeance. It's not enough blood to call anyone medical in a panic, but it concerns me that it's still a fair bit and doesn't seem to be tapering off. I looked up some info online last night (always a danger!) and lots of people were saying it was all over after 4 days.

The other thing that is upsetting me is my boobs got bigger with pregnancy and haven't gone back to normal. I keep saying to myself "the baby is dead" "there will be no baby in march" and gradually it has become real, which is hard after a few months of convincing yourself you really are going to have a baby! But boobs popping out of bra do not help. And I refuse to go out and buy new bras - that just adds insult to injury.

Edited by jo1979
jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:42pm
Also thanks for the tip on running as I had thought I might give it a go since I can't swim, but I won't bother if it's going to end in tears - I've got enough of that going on anyway!!
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:44pm
I think i had bleeding for about 2 and a half weeks before it tapered off, i also passed a big clot and a huge gush of blood about a week after the DC which the hospital thought could have been retained products. My other pregnancy symptoms took a couple of weeks to settle down to, i think your hormones just need time to sort them selves out.

Lemongirl, i think that i avoided exercise until the bleeding had settled, even though they say that you could go back to it the following day.

Saying all that if you are concerned then you should go back to your GP and have a chat to them, they may want to rescan you to make sure there are no retained products etc.

lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 2:18pm
Jo, I made the mistake of going online and finding that some women bleed for 4~6 weeks and it is still considered 'normal'.

Sasha, like you, I also passed a big clot and a huge gush of blood but mine was the day of the procedure.

I've already been to the GP as DP and I 'celebrated' what I thought was the end of bleeding one week post-op and I ended up getting an infection.

I might go see her tomorrow if things haven't died down.

It's just so frustrating. I've re-read the pamphlet I got given after the procedure a dozen times and it says bleeding shouldn't be more than 14 days, you can resume heavy activity after a week etc. And it has all turned out to be bollocks.

I'm coming up on 3 weeks of bleeding, had 3 months of pregnancy before that.... grrrr I want my life back!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 2:29pm
i would see the GP...i had none after the DandC but they had to give me an injection at hospital to stop the bleeding so maybe they can give you that?
Mum to two amazing boys!
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 2:43pm
Yeah I ended up with two shots at the hospital as I bled so much I actually covered that plastic sheet they put down and it was seeping onto the sheet,

But yes def. off to my GP tomorrow.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:16pm
yeah same with me..in that case you shouldn't be bleeding so much:( hope doc goes ok tomorrow.. ugh life is so suckful sometimes!:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
MB1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:30pm
Lemongirl and Jo that does sound rough! I think heading to your GP is a good idea... Hope you guys are doing "ok" otherwise .

I am still waiting for something for happen (would have been 14 weeks tomorrow and bub stopped growing at 7...) - my bleeding has pretty much stopped altogether over the past week with the occasional 'show' but that's it. Have booked in for accupuncture so will be interesting to see if that gets things moving - body just doesn't seem to want to catch on. Otherwise might just have to suck it up and have D&C I guess, but if that's going to involve another few weeks of this on off business afterwards, not too keen on that either!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 5:46pm
mbandbub- generally after a day or two you are fine to go back to work after DandC..
Mum to two amazing boys!
jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 6:14pm
MB you also mentioned a pill option as an in between for d&c/general and natural? Is that something you could have in Auckland? Hope acupuncture makes a difference though and that the person isn't too chirpy about it... (you mentioned the upbeat response to your inquiry on the phone!)

I have been thinking there is no good way to experience any of this. I've really appreciated having a bit of contact with people going through similar things at the same time though. Thanks MB and lemongirl - I'd rather we were still all hanging out in the march forum though! :)
MB1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 6:26pm
I totally hear you, Jo! And the pill option isn't available in waikato unfortunately.... not able to be referred to Auck either at this stage. Ah well, will see what happens on Tuesday! (and no,Jo, this one was far more solomn and professional! - recommended too (although not for this reason) so that's a bonus
queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:40am
Hi hun,

Just wanted to let you know my sister had a miscarriage in April this year, and had the misoprostol pill at Waikato hospital, so they do have that option.

Big hugs.

jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 2:18pm
Hi MB it's midday in Australia where I am at the moment, afternoon for you, wondering how it's going and hoping there's some "progress"

And lemongirl, I hope today is THE day the bleeding stops!

Babies can just die out of nowhere, sadly... So I'm hoping now for good things to happen out of nowhere too... Like bleeding stopping (lemongirl and me), ideal man appearing (MB - I see no reason why you can't meet a GREAT man in the next few months!!), pregnancy happening fast (for any of us who want it - it took 7 months for me to get pregnant the first time and I would love not to take so long this next try)...

Time for some GOOD surprises I say :)
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 3:17pm
Urgh. After a few hours of blood tests and finally another bloody u/s they found that I either have leftover products of conception or an injury to a blood vessel. Either way not good an a very long recovery for me.
MB1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MB1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 5:54pm
Ah that's rough, Lemongirl. How frustrating for you Hope you and DH have supportive friends and family around x

And thanks, Jo - I totally agree!! Here's to good news for us all. Hope Aus is fab!

Queenbean - thanks for that - that is very interesting as I was told it hadn't been signed off for use here by the hosp big wigs - hmmmmmmm!! Will give acupuncture a crack and if all else fails will call my private OB and see if he has any suggestions...
jo1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 7:49pm
Lemongirl what the hell - that is not the kind of good thing out of nowhere I was predicting for us!!! Frack (as they'd say on battlestar galactica) and grrrr and stink.

I had a facial today, as a little "I don't have to save money since I'm not having a baby" activity. Actually it only cost $11 as it was a student training place. But my sentiment was I don't have to save money :) I was thinking I should maybe plan in something for mid march too, something fun so that I can make sure to celebrate life rather than pine the baby that isn't...

My husband is arriving in Melbourne today after being away with work out of cell range for the last 5 days. It will be good to see him.

Dare I ask if things are still ok with your partner's ex and daughter lemongirl, or is that just not even on your list of things to think or talk about at the moment?
NZ-rules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NZ-rules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:18pm
lemongirl - I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time. I hope you're back to normal really soon.

MB - I didn't really bleed after my D&C - used a pad for half a day and then was fine and had no pain whatsoever. Just thought I'd let you know that it can be an ok experience (even though it's a sucky situation) if you do decide to go down that route.

Take care of yourselff ladies and you will get through this

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:57pm
ugh lemongirl that sucks..

re the DandC it really is a personal thing i think..for me I needed everything over with for my mental state and it was a lot better than my natural mc....but for others it doesn't work out like that:(

i got pregnant 3 months after both mc's so there is hope!
Mum to two amazing boys!
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 11:38am
Thanks for your sympathy ladies. I haven't been back to the doctor, but I imagine her advice is going to be 'take it easy no running around' for the next few weeks. Also no means no bedroom antics with poor DP. Argh am going crazy in that regard.

As DP points out, you get pregnant on the pill. That takes some doing!

MB please, please don't base your D&C off my ghastly experience. Apparently I can't even have a drama free miscarriage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>