FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedstretch marks and when did they show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stretch marks and when did they show?
    Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:55am

Well just a matter of curiosity, when did you all start to notice those nasty stretch marks first making an appearance,

So far I've been pretty lucky, I've managed to escape with only a couple on my boobs and the only other one I have got has made a very faint appearance on my hip a couple of weeks back but hasn't seemed to get much bigger.

I realise stretch marks are pretty much an occupational hazard with pregnancy, but how many of you have managed to go through your whole pregnancy with out getting to many?

Sponsored Links

FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 11:01am
I got none on my tummy, and I think I got an extra couple on my hips (Hard to tell I already ahd heaps from changing shape when I was younger) around 26 weeks (DP swears I got none).
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 11:27am
i think I got my few in my last few weeks, when my tum started dropping?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 11:29am
I don't have any new ones this time around which is good, but I do remember getting to about 35-36 weeks and feeling like there was possibly no more room in there, and then BAM, woke up one morning and had a whole lot of them.    Some people unfortunately get heaps and others get none at all even with lots of stretching going on. I think it depends on your genetics and your skin tone too. I have very very pale skin and stretch marks just LOVE me!
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 11:36am
I've made it to 35 weeks without getting any. We'll see how much longer that lasts though - I'm very definitely still expanding round the middle so I'm expecting them any day!
I keep asking DH if there are any on the bottom of my bump where I can't see but he says there aren't
Inlove28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inlove28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 12:53pm
Im just starting to get a couple across the side of my tum and im 34 weeks
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 1:00pm
I got a couple of small ones at 34 weeks and been getting more and more ever since. All on my tummpy below my below button but I also got one around where my belly button ring was at about 20-something weeks. I think the tummy dropping thing might have been when they got worse too.
blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 1:10pm
I had none all through my pregnancy (well, that I could see anyway!) but lo-and-behold once DD was out, there they all were on my lower tummy I think for me, the stretched skin actually hid them to a degree, so I didn't discover them till after!
MrsH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 1:13pm
I'm riddled with them and I noticed a teeny one show when I was about 12 weeks!! Strange though since I didn't start showing until I was about 22 weeks and then they just started. I could really feel my skin stretching, it was sore.

Oh and I have dark skin so I don't think pigmentation has much to do with it.
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 1:13pm
I thankfully didnt get any at all. But I started using Anti Stretch mark cream early on to prevent them . Dunno if it actually helped. I do have the odd small one on my hips and butt but I cant remember if they were there prior to pregnancy or not.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 1:14pm
I had heaps almost straight away! By about 20 weeks, but I haven't had all that many more show up since that lot... fingers crossed i've had my fair share

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 2:01pm
I got stretch marks on my boobies at about 16weeks after they ballooned up about 3 cup sizes.

Didn't get any others, don't know if that is because of the fact that the babies were too cramped to do any major gymnastics.
I didn't use any anti-stretch cream but did keep extremely hydrated and kept popping the flax seed tablets which were good for hormone imbalance and for skin as well.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 2:47pm
I didn't get any on my tummy at all , juyst a few white ones on my hips that have faded now, I got quite a fewe purpley ones on my boobs when my milk came in but they have faded to nothing now too .
I use palmers stretch mark cream twice a day
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 4:42pm
Im almost 28 weeks and I think I may be getting a few on my hips. They are just little dots at the moment, so could be something else?

LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 4:51pm
just got a few this week at 36 weeks.
With DS1 started getting a few earlier at around 25 weeks but they have all faded now as that was over 2 years ago.
X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 5:26pm
With DS I didn't get any on my tummy & only got a few on my boobs which are now faded & hardly noticeable. I'm hoping this time I'll get away with none on my tummy too.

Apparently the creams & potions can't stop you from getting them. Apparently it's genetic & determined by your skin type. Even so, with dS i used Palmers cocoa butter for stretchmarks every morning & body shop body butter every night. This time round I am using Palmers in the morning & bio oil at night.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by blondy blondy wrote:

I had none all through my pregnancy (well, that I could see anyway!) but lo-and-behold once DD was out, there they all were on my lower tummy I think for me, the stretched skin actually hid them to a degree, so I didn't discover them till after!

Same here, I was bitterly disappointed!

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2009 at 7:38pm
I was fine til 38 and a half weeks when he rolled :sigh: he planted his ass into my belly and it grew over 10cm overnight (literally) and my skin couldn't keep up. If he'd stayed where he was (which BTW was perfectly fine for birth) I'd have been sweet!!! This time round nothing as yet at 25 weeks.
I attempt to remember to use palmers cocoa butter every morning and bio oil at night but it doesn't happen very regularly
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:20am
I think with my first pregnancy I got them on my boobs at about 7 months and on my belly going all the way up to my navel from about 6 months. This time around I haven't got any new ones on my boobs or belly, but have them on my thighs instead.

Edited by escadachic

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 9:33am
I started getting them at around 26-28 weeks I think (measuring around 34w) but they were pretty minor. However, after I had the girls, they appeared from nowhere and I have them from just above my belly button down now

It is supposed to be genetic although Mum didn't get any, I got a few before having them, and my sister is riddled with him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>