FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNight time MCN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Night time MCN
    Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:29pm
I have a 10 week old little boy. He's a tummy sleeper and a heavy wetter.

I'm starting to get really disheartened with MCN's as the prefolds I'm using are failing me miserably. I have wet leaks all over the place.

I have an Itti Bitti that I won which is fine for daytime but I hate the fact that I have to buy multiple sizes.

I see TotBots do a OSFA fitted nappy that they claim is good for nights. Can anyone back that up?

Can anyone suggest an MCN that will go the distance for nights as well?

Sponsored Links

*Lou* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Lou* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 9:46pm
Hi

I use Ecobubs wool pockets at night. My DD is also a tummy sleeper and at 9 months is still almost completely BF - only about 3-4tbsps of solids per day, so she is also a decent wetter, and one of these (stuffed with hemp and microfibre) lasts all night (12 hours). They do require multiple sizes though - but you would probably be able to go straight into medium.

I also have a few itti bittis, and I find them no way near absorbant enough for night time.
FreeSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:02pm
I use ecobubs for nights, and just whatever pocket nappy is on hand for naps during the day.
What you want is a pocket nappy, and the right stuffing. Invest in some hemp and/or bamboo trifolds. When I stuff a nap nappy, I use 1 trifold (Ummm, my favefor naps is a bamboo/hemp that I got from ecomoon) and top that with a decent microfibre insert (I like fuzzibunz inserts). At nights, well my girl is a SUPER wetter, so I use 3 trifolds and top with one microfibre insert. Basically I get 3+ hours a trifold. So if he sleeps right through, you need to start with 2 trifolds and work from there (wakes up wet in the morning, add one more. Wakes up and trifolds not super wet, you can try using one). This is just my opinion, but I hope it helps.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:10pm
you could always just get some inserts for the prefolds... snazzipants have some great boosters. also if you are pad folding them they tend to bunch and you might have better luck using a snappi.

itti bitti do a great night fitted - bitti boo - but they are not a one size and need a cover. they are great though. I think at that age they dont really need a nappy that lasts all night as it is easy to change them when they wake anyway.

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:24pm

I have used boosters in the prefolds. Still no good though. The snappi system also didn't work so well, in fact that leaked through even worse.

Sorry, maybe I'm being fussy but I don't want to use pocket nappies. Just don't like the idea of stuffing and all that.

Anyone used TotBots Easy Fit?

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:39pm
If you don't want pockets I second the Bitti Boo with a waterproof cover. Very absorbent and no leaking. But come in multiple sizes.

I also recommend the Ecobubs Wool Night Nappy but they are pockets and come in multiple sizes..... Pockets aren't as fussy and as hard work as you think they might be (well, that's what I've found anyway )

There was also a thread recently where someone was recommending the Pop In Dream Dri Nappy which looks good (I haven't tried it though). It is a OSFM and not a pocket

Edited by StaceyL

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 10:46pm
I'm trialling one Bitti Boo & have found it really absorbent! Way trimmer than the pocket nappy I have, which has hemp inserts & also boosted with a flat nappy.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 8:13am
i wish i could justify buying some bitti boos!   had one when eden was a newbrn and i loved it!

if you already use prefolds and covers then it wont be too hard to use fitteds. lots of people have had great success with designer bums fitteds, i dont think they are as trim as itti boos though. or how bout a night nap-nap... an excellent kiwi nappy and a one size too.

nap naps night nappy

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 8:15am
oh and maybe a woolen overnap would be good. i have a newborn staccinator that i am going to be selling. its quite big and roomy.

how often do you change him overnight?

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 11:20am
I've just bought bitti boos for overnight and they seem great so far. I've gone straight into mediums even though DD is only 5kg. I figure seeing as they have a cover over them, it doesn't matter if the nappy isn't totally snug to begin with. I'm just using the covers from my small prefolds for now, but I will have to get bigger ones at some point.

I'm also optimistic that DD will fit mediums until she's toilet trained. She's not a heavy baby so far, and I've had a look in her plunket book at the "graphs for girls" page. If she keeps growing on the same percentile as she has been since birth, they should fit her until about 2yrs 8mths. Of course she may well change trajectory, but she's been bang on the same percentile since her 6week scan. Its a useful indicator of how long things might fit for anyway, I hope.
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 12:41pm
Yeah I thought about those Bitti Boo's.

I have half of my prefold set on TM for sale at the mo and will use whatever money I get from that to buy a Bitti Boo or a TotBot and trial them out for night times.

Some nights he sleeps a 7-8 hour stretch, other nights he wake every 3-4 hours and there is really no telling what he's going to do each night. So definately need something that can go a full night. His biggest wetting time seems to be between 2am and 6am.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 1:48pm
i wondered if the prefolds with boosters was leaking what sort of cover you are using. maybe you need a better cover.?

E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:46pm
I have a tot bot AIO which is great, haven't tried it at night yet though but I would imagine if i added a couple of boosters it would last (trying to convince DP we need more). I am looking at getting their fitteds for night when I looked at them they looked great.
RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:52pm
Yeah I was thinking of getting a 10 pack of the AIO's for daytime and a 5pack of the fitteds for night time.

Bizzy - I am using the Super Brite covers on the prefolds. They're supposed to be watrproof plus they have gussets.

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 2:58pm
havent heard of a super brite... nap naps sell some good covers and the real nappies covers are good too... mooneze from trade me (dont know if she still sells tho) are fab and a great price. maybe it is more of a cover issue?

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 3:33pm
Snazzipants sell the superbrites so they should be fine. They work for me but I prefer the bummis covers.

Carin you could always get a couple of tots bots and sell on TM if they don't work.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 4:16pm
maybe a snazzipants fleece cover, they are quite good too... i think i have a super brite, just didnt know what it was called. have you got the right size, good covers dont generally leak.

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 5:32pm
Yip a size small. He's too big for NB and too small for a medium. Small lasts up to 7kg and he's 6ish kg.

The Super Brites are the ones with gussets and a wipe clean interior.

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 10:30pm
The weights are a guide.. I found even though jake is tiny he still went up a nappy before he reached the max weight.. just something I have noticed.. but I only have one prefold/cover so cant really help...

Just wanted to add my love for pockets for night... was just going to suggest you could get a couple that were only for night time use????? I am so lucky, Jake has his fuzzi with 2 microfibre inserts and it normally lasts him 13 hours....

I do understand why people dont want to use them, they are not the most ecomical but I love them..

Hope you find something that suits Mac soon!

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 1:56pm
Have managed to order a FlexiTot and an EasyFit Tot. Will see how they work out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>