FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbest cover for bitti boo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sweetpapaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpapaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best cover for bitti boo?
    Posted: 27 February 2010 at 10:49pm
I've just ordered a couple of bitti boos to try at night.

There are so many cover choices out there and I'd love to know people's opinions on which ones suit the bitti boos best.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 1:07am
I have just one bitti boo and one Thirsties cover - it works really well. Would definitely recommend it.

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 11:17am
where did you buy it from?
Is there soemwhere that sells bioth
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 3:47pm
No, I think the only place that sells the Bitti Boo at the moment is ittibitti.co.nz

I got my Thirsties cover from Mothers Instinct.

Jude can go well over 12hrs in it without a leak, although the Bitti Boo is sopping when I take it off. Love the fact that it is so much trimmer than our Ecobubs pockets which put a bit of an arch in Jude's back. He probably doesn't care (doesn't affect how long he sleeps) but it looks way less comfortable than the Bitti Boo from my point of view

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 4:00pm
I'm keen to try them....never had any success with an ecobubs at night....they leak within hours at the hip
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 7:39pm
Yep, my Ecobubs were leaking at the hip until I stuffed them with the microfibre insert that comes with them and TWO flat nappies folded up to fit. So bulky! The Bitti Boo's work out to be cheaper (even with the covers as you do not need one per Bitti Boo - I plan to have one cover for the three Bitti Boo's I will eventually have for nights), trimmer AND they do not leak. Bonus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:09pm
I just ordered a bitti boo and I am going to see if I can use some old pockets as covers to start with.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpapaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:11pm
Yeah I think trimness is really important too so looking forward to trying the bitti boos. We have a ecobubs pocket but I think it is way too bulky so have only used it twice. Been using disposables at night, but after falling in love with the itt's for day I have high hopes for the bitti boo! Don't love the fact they don't come with a soft waterproof cover, but hopefully will find a good cover and get used to the idea.
Has anyone tried a Tots Bots PUL wrap or a GEN-Y Cotton Cover?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2010 at 10:56pm
Nikki, I'm using a ecobubs day pocket over my Boo. Works well. Just make sure the the Pocket covers the boo completely.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 1:39pm
i used longies or a real nappy wrap over mine with no problems.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpapaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 3:57pm
would a fleece wrap work with a bitti boo?
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by sweetpapaya sweetpapaya wrote:

would a fleece wrap work with a bitti boo?

dont see why not. are you thinking something like the snazzipants ones?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpapaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 3:57pm
I like the look of Tots Bots but don't know anything about them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 9:04pm
Got my bitti boo today and when I put it on it gapes at the front (like the ittis do). That in itself is ok but it means that everything that we put over it gapes. Then when I put PJs over top i worry that they will roll over and into the nappy and wick. So how do longies work??? Do they get wet around the waist or do the nappies sit flusher on your babies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpapaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 9:46pm
hmm, we don't have any gaping...is the nappy on tight enough?
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 9:44am
I've just discovered the bitti boo's. But am scared to try one as my boy is a heavy wetter. I do hate the arch in his back as he's a tummy sleeper, in the ecobubs. The cover thing would be an issue as ryan can pull off the velcro. I know bummis does a snaps wrap aye. Could try that one I suppose.
What ages are you babies??
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:24pm
First night in bitti boo...SUCCESS!!! I used a honeychilds pocket as a cover and ti was great. He woke twice last night and both times Igot up dreading the inevitable soaked bed but NOPE..dry!

Much impressed! Next to try on Tom.
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:44pm
Sarabetha, bummis do a pull-up style cover too - he couldn't get that off could he?

My bubs is just 10 weeks, and a tiny wee thing. She's in a medium boo done up to it's smallest setting with a small cover.
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 1:07pm
hmm Oh yeah the pull up covers. I worry a bit with those plasticy things though. THe don't breathe very well, if at all.

Ry's in a large itti on the tightest snaps. and he'll probaly be in a large cover as well.
Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

blondy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:43pm
We're just trying out the bitti boos tonight for the first time - yay! but I've been using wool soakers (we have a staccinator and a lovelybums) that have been treated with lanolin, and they're both fab. I love that it's all breathable material, and even when Nat's leaked through (she's also a heavy night wetter), nothing has gine through to clothes or sleeping bag.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>