FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC #2 or more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC #2 or more
    Posted: 29 August 2011 at 2:38pm
Thought i would start a place for us TTC #2 or more.

We are not officially TTC till next year but are not stopping anything b4 then either. So far i have had 1 period since having my wee girl who is now 9 months old, my AF would have been due on thursday last week but nothing happened, on sunday i had a bit of spotting in the morning then nothing since not sure whtas up with my body maybe going to b irregular for a bit first.
Proud Mum of Ella 3yrs and Noah 20months
Sponsored Links

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 9:40pm
was just coming on to ask about this (kind of)
We are trying for number three, havent been on anything since my last baby was born, still exclusively breastfeeding but AF did come back in April (?) and bar being late once, has been regular but Im still not pregnant!!!
Im definately ovulating, and its only taken 2 months to concieve both my girls so Im getting a bit miffed now

Can my cycle appear regular - but Im not fertile / can breastfeeding still affect my fertility??

and at what point is ok to ask for help?

I know its naff all compared to how long many woman are waiting and have waited to fall pregnant and I feel a bit of a fraud to be concerned, but I am

Edited by Raspberryjam
http://lilypie.com]
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 9:48pm
Oooh RaspberryJam :stalk stalk: exciting
Ok well I was having a look round fertilityfriend and I did notice a high level of charts that looked really good with BDing etc all right and everything looked (to my rather inexperienced eye) like they should have been a BFP but they weren't and all the charts that looked like had had breastfeeding on them so maybe that is something there?? I BF'd Tyler til 8 months, we used no contraceptive just were abit more careful round fertile patches and nada but I stopped BFing him and BFP (then MC). Not that thhat will help overly since you can't really go cold turkey on BFing but it might set your mind as ease abit. Are you charting? Do you know when you're oving? I don't think its naff seriously the first month trying with Ty and I was full stressing like I'd been trying for a year though I actually ended up with a BFP straight away. Its the whole baby drive its just natural.
HTH anyway xox
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 10:05pm
Sorry Kelz I think i hijacked your thread - re regualr cycles - to be honest Id say everyone is different - depending on Breastfeeding, what your cycles were liek before hand etc, but it does seem a few women I know have taken a couple of cycles to get back into the swing of things. Ist AF was a killer!!!

Lol Babe - stalk away!! hope its not for too much longer
Yeah I cant stop feeding my wee chubba, boobies are here favourite thing in the whole world. I guess if thats the issue I will just have to suck it up ('scuse the pun)
The other thing is i have PCOS - clearly hasnt affected me so far but wondered if now that Im older (34) my luck is starting to dwindle ?

Edited by Raspberryjam
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 6:56am
dont worry RJ, the thread is for people like us who have already had a child as there is quite a few for a first timers.

Me- stopped breast feeding about a month ago when E was 8 months, done a prg test incase was neg, which is good for now, this morning have a (TMI) a lil brownish dishcharge. so Af pretty much round corner i think.

RJ- i think BF can effect ov but depends how much your feeding i think. can makeit go either way, I have heard u are more likely to concieve twins while BF

Edited by Kelz86
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:01am
Thought i'd join in here. We're going to start TTC #3 in December. Can't wait!

Sorry Raspberryjam i can't really help. I would think BF could still affect it but i don't really know much about that sort of thing. Good luck!
jessm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:24am
Well, I was worried about bf affecting fertility, but decided that I wasn't going to stop 'just in case' it was - my af returned at 6mths post birth, I finally weaned when she was over 2yrs, but weaning didn't make a difference (in fact, for me, it seemed to have a negative effect - I went from ovulating to not ovulating - but I don't think thats normal).

I have decided that it doesn't matter if you are ttc for 1mth or 10yrs, it still hits hard - its just that the longer you are ttc, the more time you have to evaluate your attitude!

Oh, by the way, I am ttc #2.
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:25am
exciting deb dec not far away, Im getting so clucky lately as a few of my friends are due in the next few months and now friends from antenatal classes are getting pg with their 2nd
jessm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 7:25am
Oh, and Kelz, I think its normal to take a few months to get back to normal (varying length cycles etc)! But hope AF stays away for you!
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Kelz86 Kelz86 wrote:

exciting deb dec not far away, Im getting so clucky lately as a few of my friends are due in the next few months and now friends from antenatal classes are getting pg with their 2nd

Not far away at all! I'm excited and a little nervous. I know what you mean about being clucky, i have been too!
BessieBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BessieBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 3:25pm

We are TTC #3. This is my second month so hopefully FXx we'll be UTD.

But last month I'm sure we did everything right and nothing.

I got UTD with DS 2nd month, bf him for 6 weeks then had AF back regular from 7 weeks.
With DD I got UTD on first month, bf her for 16 months got AF back when she was 6 months and its been between 26-32 days.

So we'll see.

Sarah Mum to,
Boy 07/2008, Girl 03/2010, Boy 05/2012, Angel 07/08/2014

KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 7:18am
Fx crossed for u this month bessiebear.

Af is deff here now, wonder how long this cycle will be that one was about 35 days.
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 11:31am
Hey guys,

We are going to start TTC soon, at the moment we aren't preventing and haven't really since DS was bout 12weeks old. I only stopped BF a month ago, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been OVulating, although my last 2 cycles were regular but really long 40day cycles. So I've decided to start charting again CD 15 today and no signs of ovulation.

Oh and I will be TTC number 4. I have 3 boys aged 11, 8 and 11 months, and no I'm not trying for a girl although would be an added bonus

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Luckymama23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckymama23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2011 at 8:56pm
Hello!
Been TTC #2 for 2years now... But fingers crossed going to have a successful pregnancy soon! Good luck to everyone else trying for another
2 superstars
too many miscarriages 2009-2014
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 7:05am
FX #2 wont take to much longer kazza.

welcome dnyen, wow 3 boys must keep u busy, Hope charting helps u see if u r Ov'ing or not
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 2:31pm
I wish December would hurry up and get here. I'm so impatient!
babybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 6:37pm
Hi ladies :)
I have an 18 month old daughter whom I just finished up breastfeeding early August.
We are trying to conceive baby number 2, started trying December last year so now in our 10th month of trying! Am hopeful pregnancy will happen in the next few months or so now no longer breastfeeding.
By the way baby number 1 took 5 months to conceive.

Hope to hear of some BFP's for you ladies soon!
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 7:59pm
Will be interesting to see if u get preg quickly now u stoppped bf. sS that why u stopped?
We have now been ttc longer than we did with our 2 kids, but I am bf this time and am wondering if this is having something to do with not having concieved yet.
KelzF09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelzF09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 8:17am
Fx it wont take much longer babybear.

Af has now finished so now to wait for O which not sure when it will happen since this only my 2nd cycle since having E.

Waiting for fluffy mail to arrive, i get so excited about new mcn's
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 8:42am
I'd really appreciate it if you ladies could vote for my little girl Isabella in baby of the day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>