FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYoung mums.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Babymumma! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babymumma! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young mums.
    Posted: 24 April 2012 at 2:45pm
Hi all, I am 18 and have found out im 5weeks preggers. Is there any other young mums out there that I could chat with?
Sponsored Links

dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 7:43pm
I was a young mum. Old now though haha. Had my first at 18, was a solo mum to. My parents were quite supportive though. Friends not so much. But he is now 12 and I'm happy with what I did. I know m older but happy to chat if you want.

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
MissGenevieve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissGenevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:29am
just turned 19 and i'm 7 weeks pregnant
Babymumma! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babymumma! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:00am
Thanks dneyn. Thats really useful to know. I am doing ok at the moment. Just trying to get paswt that 12week mark to start telling everybody.

Hi MissGenevieve I believe we belong to the same group of FB. I am also due in decmeber
dneyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dneyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:11am
Babyxmas-I think plunket might run young mum coffee groups now too. It's really nice having people in the same boat as you. Otherwise no matter how old you are when bubs is here it can be quite isolating. And try find antenatal classes for teen mums too.

Master 11
Master 9
Master 1
Mumof1littleboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumof1littleboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 6:06pm
Im 22 and just found out im pregnant!

Around 5-6weeks i think but will find out at my scan next week
LILLIS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:30pm
I too "was" a young mum
I was 16 when my first was born so if you ever want to chat then I am happy to help out where I can.

I recommend antenatal for young people, found it really good and a coffee group for young mums also helps.

Good luck with your pregnancies ladies
Rexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:54am
Suppose I count as a young mum... 21 and pregnant with my first. Girl due September :)

Rexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:12pm
so where's everybody from? :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissGenevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:45am
Living in Auckland City while my partner and I study but originally from Tauranga and that's where i'll be having the baby :)
chatrbox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatrbox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 10:27am
Hey guys have you heard of Thrive Teen Parent Support Trust out in Mt Albert? They do young parent classes and playgroups, antenatal as well, all designed for young parents and no cost involved :D Playgroups are in Henderson, New Lynn and St Lukes currently - can ring on 551 4367 for more details if you're interested or check out www.thrive.org.nz or you can find them on facebook too.

Edited by chatrbox
carissatorbarina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carissatorbarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2012 at 8:11pm
Hello all :) Im 19 and 9 weeks pregnant living on the North Shore, Auckland. would love to chat with other expecting young mums

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissGenevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 7:25pm
hi carissatorbarina, congrats on your pregnancy :)
Tasha94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasha94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 8:51am
hi there, im 17 and am 14 weeks pregnant! not sure how to break it to my family but am super thrilled! if anyone has any advice i would love to chat to you!!
Rexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 8:22pm
Congrats to you both :)
on the breaking the news, I think it depends on the type of person you are and they are. When I told my mum I was just like "don't be mad but I'm pregnant" and she was stoked. But if they're more reserved and likely to be upset, might be better to sit down and have a grown up chat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissGenevieve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 10:13pm
I was TERRIFIED to tell my parents. come from a religious family and parents who don't drink alcohol etc but when i told them (over the phone! we live in different cities) they were disappointed but surprisingly took it well. that was 8 weeks ago now and they are so excited for the arrival of their first grandchild.
carissatorbarina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carissatorbarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 8:40am
I think your best to be honest and tell them how you really feel about being pregnant. With my mum, i expected the worst but when I told her how excited I was she was really supportive and excited too, and now she cant wait till baby comes! I think your family will be shocked but support you no matter what as long as YOU are happy :)
Tasha94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasha94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 10:22am
Ive told my mum and shes thrilled. The scary part are my grandparents, I know straight away what they will be like, dissapointed and very very angry. I dont know whether to leave it and let them find out on their own or tell them.
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:15pm
I was 19 when I got pregnant with my eldest,my gran didn't talk to me for the whole time I was pregnant.

Now 10 years later we are back on track and have a great relationship,and she loves my daughter too.

..St3phanie.. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..St3phanie.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:56am
Im 17 and 12 weeks 4 days pregnant,Was a shock as I got pregnant on the pill but me and my partner are very happy and cant wait till baby's here. Free to talk to young mums whenever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>