FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFarmers and baby clothes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farmers and baby clothes...
    Posted: 29 April 2007 at 9:34am
Quinn was always a pumpkin patch bub, but after having Kaia we decided to go a bit frugal and bought clothes from Farmers for them.

They SUCK!

All the tops stretch terribly. Everyone of of them is now three times wider than they should be and three times shorter. It is ridiculous!

Anyone else had this prob? Is it just me and my b*stard of a washing machine?
Anna

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 9:36am
it depends on the brand. i think their bigger kids clothes are ok.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 9:39am
I just bought some baby clothes while on sale from Farmers only to find out baby factory was cheaper anyway. I havent used them yet so dont know but I am going to wash them all soon. What brand was it? I bought the teeny weeny ones
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:00am
i get alot of clothes from farmers when they have their sales. i haven't noticed them wearing any different to other clothes...however...i got jack some pants that he's worn maybe 6times and the dome has broken on the top! and of course, i don't have my receipt anymore

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:07am
I generally get KMart clothes for Ethan. They are reasonable with the expense and they have a guarantee (sp) that if they outgrow it before the garment is outworn, they'll replace it. Have not had any issues with stretching...
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:10am
i buy teeny weeny from farmer and have no probs at all. but we only shop there when they ahve sales on. otherwise i shop T&T
i find the warehouse does that really bad though.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:27am
Yes I've had both extremes. Brought some polo tops with the long sleeve bit attached for Conor and they have widened and stretched, and now when he puts them on he looks like he's wearing two sizes too small. I only brought them two weeks ago and they've been washed twice. (Don't have the receipt as when I brought them they fitted fine).
Brought Nyah some trackies/hoodies and long sleeve top all in the same style/pattern last Saturday, washed them this week and the tops have shrunk and the pants have piled. So p*ssed off. I've kept the receipt luckily and I'm taking them back today.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 11:11am
I have found 2 of Alize's t-shirts from sets I have, have soon the exact same thing. They have gone so wide and short  Ive never had a problem with the bigger kids clothes. They are great and last for ages!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 11:14am
We've got quite a few teeny weeny items, new and handed down and haven't any problems with them. We've found them really good.

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 11:29am
We've got a few teeny weeny items - a jacket and some AIO etc and have found them to be OK. Nothing amazing but have def not shrunk on stretched. Did you use a dryer? We dry ours on the line.

PS. I love PP stuff - damn expensive but it's soo good and looks so cure it's difficult to resist.

Anna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 2:19pm
Hmmm, maybe it is my washing machine then? They are all teeny weeny ones. Didn't have any probs with pants or little jackets just the t-shirts. Don't have a dryer so that can't be it?
Anna

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 2:33pm
All the hand me downs that I have recieved all have the same problem with the teeny weeny brand.

I don't buy much new as Han spends too much time painting herself and her clothes at creche... but I don't really buy from farmers if I do for that reason.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 3:23pm
I have a few t shirts of Andrew's that are size 00 that a very wide due to stretching that are teeny weeny brand. But its only t shirts that have done that.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 3:48pm

I have been using only farner's cloth's really for my kid's (Dad worked there so got discount)  I have few tenny weeny top's that have done that, but these were given ot me I fugured that it was cause the person who gave them to me hung them wrong.  I hang all my top's and boy's top'e under the armpit they take a little longer to dry but never stretch at the bottom.  I was also given PP top's from the same person and they have strecthed at the bottlom's too.

Deborah Mum to:

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 5:14pm
I buy quite a few things for Bay from farmers and have never had a problem with them apart from their sizes are smaller than usual!!
Iv had problems with his PP clothes though - buttons falling off, holes appearing in the knit type things so i wasnt too impressed with them!! good for baby clothes but i dont buy clothes for Bay from there anymore, mainly JK, farmers and some warehouse.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 7:58pm
Jakes stuff was great, I am using a bit of it with Charly, but the stuff I have bought for her has all been crap, andi have been really dissapointed, snaps/domes break before first wear, big differences in NB size dome up undertop things and really really wide shoulders. Also, next to nothing, and I am not exagerating in nb or 000 sizes, I have had to buy alot of second hand of tm, and scrounge from others in these sizes (and laybyed sum at pp in nelson)as she is still in nb size and no crap, all farmers have in that size is all in one pj tings and some ugly little pants with short sleeve tops and polar fleece hjacket thing, Well, not ugly, but I have one, why would I want 7? Pleased its not just me, Anna!!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Baysmum Baysmum wrote:

I buy quite a few things for Bay from farmers and have never had a problem with them apart from their sizes are smaller than usual!!

Yes! I bought the gremlins a couple of outfits from farmers and the tops don't have envelope/dome openings and I could hardly get them over the gremlins heads, I had to cut them at the back of the neck to make the opening bigger. And I bought some tops with dome openings that are still really small and the gremlins have worn them once (lucky you Annie, they're in the box I'm sending down )

But I have a couple of pairs of Teeny Weeny jeans, and some long sleeved t's with Born to be spoilt on them that have stood up to washing well.

Must admit to being a bit of a clothes snob with the kids tho. Maybe coz I couldn't afford it when Maya was tiny, but the three of them all have an awful lot of Patch/JK stuff
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 8:58pm
oooh!! A BOX!!!! *campsoutbymailbox*
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 8:35am
I was going to say Annie - I have a lot of tiny newborn sized stuff if you want to borrow - but I'd need back by september (have promised to friends who are having twins!) But most is lovely unisex stuff if you are interested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 11:12am
Thanks Liz, that is very kind. I think I am *almost* set now. It's funny having a "mid season" baby, everything that fits is either too hot or not warm enough! The one thing I am having trouble with is long sleeve body suits. Will get back to yoiu, I just bought a bulk lot of clothes off tm, so I will see whats in there. You guys Rock!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>