FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJolly Jumpers - Useful???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jolly Jumpers - Useful???
    Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:21pm
I have searched on this topic and have seen that alot of you ladies on here have these. Do you think they are a worth while investment???

Have Farmers catalogue in hot little hand, will spend money..... Ooooops......

Edited by peachy
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:31pm

Andrew loved his and would happily spend hours in it if I didn't take him out after 20 or so minutes. They are great to have around the witching hour, put bubs in there and you can have them entertained for 20 or so minutes while you cook dinner.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:34pm
they are great maddy and kalem both loved these

Kalem 6!
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:00pm
where did you get this magical Farmers catalogue that is tempting you so much...I want one too!!!
Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:07pm
Yes, get one!!!! Ethan loved his!!! and I loved it too. So worth the money!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
Karysta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karysta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:10pm
saved my life numerous times over (have a reflux child ) one of the best baby investments i ever made :D - yay for shower time.
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:15pm

Emma Rose never liked hers -- I'd put her in it and try to "bounce" her, but she didn't get the hang of it, and would sort of dangle there, twirling slowly around and around, gazing at me in abject misery. (Which was pretty hilarious to see, actually.)

Ours was a secondhand one my mother got at a garage sale -- and there are heaps for sale on TM, in case you don't want to spend big bucks on a new one. I think they're a great investment too, even though my weird child didn't like hers -- apparently I loved mine as a baby, so I'll keep Em's one in case there's ever a Baby #2 who might be more open-minded than she is!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:21pm
Gremlins love theirs, as did Maya. They bounce around like little springboks, quite funny to watch. And definitely a witching hour survival tool - my life changed for the better when they were old enough to go in the JJ!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:22pm
gabriel didnt like his either...i would try one first before buying. not all babies like them. has a friend got one you can borrow?
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:36am
Maddie loves hers but as Debs said not all babies do, I'd also recommend trying before you buy or see if you can get one on TM. We just borrowed ours of B's cousins and they had the frame as well.

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:40am
Ben loved his and it was great when you needed to get some jobs done, hang out the washing etc. Only problem was when he was younger 4-5 mths old he would usually throw up if he went in it after a feed , so I had to leave it for over an hour after feeding him ( probably common sense aye!!!)

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:09am
I think I'm going to have to hint about Jolly Jumpers around the inlaws and see if they get us one hehehe
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:16am
NZpiper - The Farmers catalogue just came in the mail last night!

I have over $2k worth of vouchers for Farmers to spend as they were gifts from our wedding! Thats why I just hang out for the Farmers catalogue to get the best deals possible when they have there sales!

Edited by peachy
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:19am
hehe peachy I was the same after our wedding. We asked for farmers vouchers rather than gifts so every time a farmers catelogue came I was soooo excited lol..
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:32am
i havent seen a farmers catalogue yet, but we ahrdly get them, we barely get a warehouse one these days to.

but we are looking at getting a jolly jumper for nymber 2
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:37am
haleighsmum - the Jolly Jumper is $55.99 in the latest Mothers Day catalogue.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:14am
Borrowing one first is a good idea.

I bought one second-hand for Kiya, which has since been used by my SIL for her older 2 before coming back to me for Josiah then going back to my SIL for her youngest (who didn't really like it much) and now Xavier is using it! Best $25 I spent!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:17am
Hey Nicole. I found mine really good. You can only use it once they've got good head control though. Before that a bouncinette was an absolute lifesaver!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:23am
dITTO WHAT EVERYONE HAS SAID THEY ARE WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD.
Deborah Mum to:

Carmel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:32am
I got mine on trade me and Piper absolutely loved it definately worth having
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>