FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBraxton Hicks??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braxton Hicks??
    Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:43pm
Ok girls, I thought it was "time" last night... Had the worst, what I assume were, BH ever! Period cramp pains tightening every now and then and really sore lower back. Had contractions from about 2.30 am until about 7 am! Didn't time them because I thought that would make it real, hehehehe I really felt like crying though and I am still really sore today although no more contractions, just finding it hard to walk as baby is engaged.
Was it BH? Or am I going insane!? Haven't had my show yet or my waters break... And believe me, if these were just "practice contractions" I don't want the real ones!!!

Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:54pm
cant  help u much as mine came with no warning.had minute bh but setled down way before i had my 2 kiddlings
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:00pm
lol, could be practice... i had the same thing 5 days before i had ayja, even got mum out of bed at 2 am but after she got here they slowed down and stopped. it's gets pretty terrible once baby is engaged cos everything is so tiring and baby just hurts you.

don't necessarily think you will even get a show or waters breaking though.. so definately don't rely on them as signs you are in labour.. some women get neither till they are very far along.   for instance.. i had a show 4 days before i had paris, and my labour started when my waters broke.... this time i never had a show and had to have my waters broken for me (lol, only 20 mins before i gave birth to her).

sounds silly but calm down, do some nice things for yourself.. maybe take a nice bath, pamper yourself, shave your legs if you can still reach lol, get hubby to rent some movies and get some yummy treats and spend some nice time together.. not only will it help you take your mind off being so uncomfy, but it may be some of the last QUALITY time you guys will get to spend as just you two for a very long time. (even once you do go out alone again, you will still be worrying about baby )   plus, chances are just when you plan to do something baby will come along to mess up those plans... kids are great like that.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 11:51pm
I had the same thing Ana. Kept thinking , well i'll go to bed and get some sleep now as soon we'll be at the hosptial, taking some panadol and waking the next morning thinking...oh...dammit. I hd that for about three days and then had my waters broken and it was all go......ooooh, exciting for you!!!
mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:30am
I thought i had a kidney infection when I went into labour with caleb, only got contractions on one side, and I was only 26weeks so being a 1st time mum had no idea I was in labour, and my waters broke, or should I say leaked and I didnt even know, I had a scan at 31weeks and they told me my waters had broken so it dosnt always go toplan, my mate didnt know she was in labour last week either and she hadnthad a show or wters break, she rung here midwife to complain about her bh and she said to go up tp the hospital and shell check just in case, her m/w checked ehr and she was 4cm dilated already... so maybe if your bh are getting more regular just get ur m/w to check you out..
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 12:37pm
Well, it was fine last night, I slept so well, only had to get up twice and no pains, I guess I was exhausted from hardly sleeping the night before. I did have a nice bath before going to bed too...

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if it does happen some time soon - it is almost the due date!
Thanks for your comments!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:00am
Good luck Ana! I didn't recognise the contractions when they first started but then they got more intense and I sure knew what they were! Maya was born at 38 weeks 1 day so bubs could be here anytime!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 9:28am
Oh Ana...How exciting!!!

Keep us posted!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:17pm
Well, things just keep getting more exciting at my place! Haven't had any pains since Friday night apart from normal little ones but ended up in hospital hooked up to a CTG monitor last night...
I hadn't felt baby move pretty much all day and was really worried especially since two ladies I know have recently lost their babies. I called the m/w at 9.15pm finally because I couldn't get bubs to move no matter what I tried. We met her at the hospital and I was on the monitor for about an hour, all is well thank god, but believe me, I have never been so scared in all of my life! Baby is moving lots again today but I am monitoring closely...

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:28pm
Ana I can see why you would get scared...but I am so glad that all is well. So I guess the bub is not coming early (yet) huh?

My bub has been so active lately I don’t know what to do, how to sit or lay down. On Sat we went to a reception and there was loud music...I don’t know if she was dancing to it or complaining about it...and since then she has been active nearly 24 hours....I swear I have bruises inside!!

But I have to confess that I would rather she kicked the hell out of me than not make any movements!

I am sure all will be fine with you and you’re Bub Ana!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:59pm
Glad to hear bubs is fine Ana. He or she has probably just run out of room to move!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 11:06pm
oooo Ana... it sounds like it's getting pretty close!

Hope you can make it tomorrow? I won't hold it against you if you can't!
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 4:38pm
Okay I was just thinking...what does Braxton Hicks feel like? I dont know if I had them or not!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 5:11pm
Ummm, usually, for me anyway, it is when my belly gets all tight across the top and doesn't hurt...
That is a really good description, I know...

The other night though I had hard out period pain cramp contraction things and that really hurt which is why I wasn't sure if it was BH or not.

mumstheword View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumstheword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 8:35am
I had BH heaps with Caleb and they never hurt my belly just went tight and hard for a few seconds a bit uncomfortable if I was sitting but never sore...
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 9:06am
Ahhh...then I do get them.......

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:15pm
hey roksana, when i was preg with paris, me and mike went to see the matrix reloaded, the music was sooooo loud, i ended up with mikes jacket folded in 4 over my belly, cos paris was going so nuts... i just wanted to block some of the sound.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 1:34pm
LOL!

I think it is amazing how babies can hear thru the skin/fluid.....and it is amazing how hard those little hand and legs punch/kick!!

I like that tho.....

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 3:26pm
awwwwww! i soooo can't wait to get preggy again! i feel so let down and ripped off as i never had any BH or labour pains   
now i know some/most of you would say i was lucky, but i feel i was so cheated out of the whole process of 'having a baby'. jack was breech at 37wks so i had an elective c-section at 39wks. it's his first birthday on the 25th and i just wonder when his 'real' b'day would've been...if you know what i mean

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 5:41pm
yep. i had always scoffed at women who said they felt cheated by havinga c-setion... i always thought well, you've got a healthy baby, who cares!? but, when i had my girls, i only had me and mike and midwife there both times, and it was soooo special to have gone through that together. then i did a placement at the hospital in the theatres, and also was there when my sister had her c-section... and it just seemed so ... clinical, it was like it lost the intimacy of just having that special moment between you and your partner as you welcome baby. instead you are surrounded by machines and at least 15 or more other people. i definately have a new perspective on things... yes, you have a healthy baby, but that little bit of surprise and intimacy wasn't there.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>