FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRetested: BF.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retested: BF.....
    Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:25am

......negative?

Argh I don't know

V V V faint line there agin...but I reckon it's the watermark or something. It didn't come up immediately, more like when the pink background started to fade..although within the time limit. If I wasn't charting then I'd be tempted to think I've just tested too early (I'm 12DPO), but my temps dropped slightly again today so I don't see how I could be pg if that's happening? Maybe one of you more experienced chart ladies could look at it for me and tell me what you think?  Also, my boobs don't feel as huge as they did, although they are still sore.

Arrgh. Had such a crap sleep, dreamed of testing all night then woke to such a disapointment.

Sponsored Links

Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:30am
I'm not one of those more experienced ladies but am still crossing fingers for you cos it might be to early still. It's so tough going through all of this, keep your chin up.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:38am
Thanks Konagirl. My BBT has been beeping at me and flashing low bat so that might be a reason for lower temps...or it could just as easily be I"m not pg. The line is much clearer now but of course it's outside the 5 minute time limit so I"m picking I'm not pg. Damn.

Konagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Konagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:43am
it's still pretty early and you do have a line, regardless of how strong the colour is. Go off and have a nice day and see what happens in next few days. Personally I'm off on holiday and expect to come back and see your chart moved to expecting in dec (?)!
Vanillabean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:45am
If you are still using those strip tests I recommend going and getting a better quality test. I had several days of really faint ambiguous lines on the strip tests but got a more definite BFP on a Discover early result test.

I don't think you are out of the game yet. A couple of temp drops at this point are not definitive.

Remember also that the individual test strips may vary in sensitivity even if they are from the same batch. This means it is entirely possible to get a stronger line on 10dpo than on 11dpo.

Also I think the fact that when you test you keep getting some kind of faint line, when you usually don't could well be significant. It was for me.

I know how crazy making this is! Crossing my fingers for you.

Edited by Vanillabean
5x mc, Jan 08, June 08, Nov 08, May 09, April 11

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 7:52am

HI Vanillabean. Thanks for your advice- can I use that Discover test on any wee? Or is it still better to wait till tomorrow morning? Somehere I read that holding for 4-5 hours also gives a good result if you can't use fmu.

The line is def there again, I guess what concerns me is like I said..it's stronger outside the 5 minute time limit and also my temps have dropped a bit...although checking out other charts on FF, there seems to be a huge range of what results in pg and what doesn't!

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:06am
If you can afford it perhaps buy a digital test that way you don't need to do any interpreting, staring at those coloured strips can make you go loopy. Also you can get false positives after the 5 min time limit so throw it away before 5 mins so you don't keep looking at it and driving yourself nuts.

Aprilfools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aprilfools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:07am
Good luck with the Discover test Emmecat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:08am
The Discover test says you can use it any time of day because it has 'sensorflow technology" whatever that is(although I used it with FMU).

I have done a lot of reading on the internet about this and it seems that while you can definitely get false positives outside the 5 min window its quite common for women who are actually pregnant that have the test go positive after the 5 minutes. All this stuff is so crazy making because there are never any definite answers about anything.

I'm so hoping for you!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanillabean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:09am
Yep, that is the big advantage of the digital test but it is not as sensitive as the Discover test and its twice as expensive.

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:13am

Originally posted by cuppatea cuppatea wrote:

If you can afford it perhaps buy a digital test that way you don't need to do any interpreting, staring at those coloured strips can make you go loopy. Also you can get false positives after the 5 min time limit so throw it away before 5 mins so you don't keep looking at it and driving yourself nuts.

the test this monring was very light, caould only just see it within the 5 minutes. Between 5-10 minutes it darkened more and obviously now is very very clear pink.

So who knows? Might not test ever again as it's driving me and no doubt all of you mad too lol

I'm more concerned about my temps dropping as a BFP doesn't seem to coincide with that very well

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:14am
I had a really faint line with my 3rd pregnancy and that line became Lily!

Fingers crosse! Don't give up all hope yet!!!

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:36am

It is a dip stick- an internet brand. I have their OPKs and they're really good. The line is def pink, but so incrediably faint within the 5 minute time frame...then got a bit darker and now is dark as and as pink as. Grr. Think the BBT thing is what is most doing my head in, cos I just didn't think I could be pg and have my temp drop is all?!

The battery I was sent is also flat so might give up on temping for the moment. It's not like it's gonna change the outcome!!

So it sounds like I ned to buy a Discover dip test or a First response midstream?

arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:46am
I had a very very faint line with Harry - DH thought I was imagining it and he was mocking me! But the proof of the pudding is now here

In fact I remember writing a very similar thread to yours about 10 months ago.....
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:54am
Haha you're so pregnant worry wort!
All my faint BFPs with Kate got stronger after the 5 minutes. They were faint to start off with then got stronger over time- exactly like you've described
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 8:55am
Hey Emmecat remember what I said about having to do five tests to actually believe it!!

When is your af due? Because if she doesn't arrive then I would be going to the doc's and can you request a blood test or do they just make you poas?

I know its enough to drive you mad all the uncertainty it creates in your mind. Try to put it out of your head or alternatively go buy some other brand hpt's (thats probably what I'd do ) and test away!!! hehe
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:14am

Jaxs- don't really know when AF is due...until I started charting I was a 28 day cycle gal. Then it went to 34, 32,...grrr I would say about 30-32 days. At day 29 now. Sunday will be 14 DPO according to FF.  Think I'll go buy another brand and maybe use my last internet HPT..... hmmmm....

If AF doesn't turn up by Monday I'll def go to the Dr. I keep expecting all my 'sypmtoms' to go away and AF to turn up!

Am trying to hold in my 2nd mu before I test haha

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:34am
This is exactly what happend to me! I tested got really faint line(fainter than yours) then I tested with FMU and got a BFN!! Then tested with a digital BFN, then tested again the next day with the other digital and got a my BFP
I just kept testing cos I KNEW i wasnt seeing things.

Edited by Sheza

Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:39am

ok ladies well here's a link to the photo of the two tests. One on top is yesterday arvo's (can barely see it!) adn then this mornings. Was really hard to get a good photo adn they were both dry by the time I did it

http://www1.snapfish.co.nz/slideshow/AlbumID=186510884/PictureID=4553242710/a=11720290_11720290/t_=11720290

mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 9:47am
Hey emmecat, there is definately something there I think it is just to the right of that white white bit, does that sound right.

You might just have to wait and retest in a few days when the hcg is abit more concentrated, unless you go and get a different test. But then that may not show the line any clearer Annoying I know!!

But I've got my fingers crossed that it is a positive for you emmecat *does a little dance around living room, family think Im mad*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>