FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSecond IVF Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>
Author
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second IVF Treatment
    Posted: 30 November 2008 at 1:00pm
Hi there,

I am almost finished my second round of IVF and am scheduled for egg collection tomorrow.
My last egg collection was a terrible experience. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced and I felt so embarrassed to show it in front of the nurses because they said people just get a little discomfort.
Somebody please tell me that I am not the only one who found it extremely painful. Just the thought of going through it again has been enough for me to not get a good night's sleep over the last week.
Please help :^(
Sponsored Links

kobec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 6:54pm
Hey Kazper sorry i haven't had any IVF so haven't been thru any of that but I just wanted to say hope it all goes well tomorrow. All the best!!
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2008 at 9:30pm
I found it moderately painful, but I know of others who found it extremely uncomfortable and painful. You are quite in your right to ask for more extreme pain relief - do that for sure. Don't be afraid to ask, you need to do what's best for you. Good luck and I hope you have success with your cycle.
Lou
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 8:27pm
Thanks so much for replying guys. I had the egg retrieval yesterday and it was better than the first time and the ladies were really sweet. They gave me plenty more drugs so that helped. The only thing that went wrong was just at the very end they hit a nerve that sent me flying through the roof so I am taking a lot longer to heal this time.
They are implanting a fertilized embryo this Thursday and I am really excited. They managed to get 14 eggs from me and so far 6 have survived. All fingers crossed for them.
I'll keep you posted!!
mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 11:25pm
Thats awesome news Kazper All the best and I will be keeping an eye out for your bfp!
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 10:52am
Fingers crossed for you kazper, keep us posted on how things go.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 5:04pm
Hi guys, wow what a day. We had egg transfer today. One really good one was used and one frozen. Although I had all those eggs to begin with, its actually amazing that we have two because last ivf we only ended up with one average one. I'm over the moon and feeling really positive. I have pregnancy test on 15 December. I want to tell everyone, but my fiance is so cautious and doesn't want anyone to know - not that has stopped me from telling a couple of people hehe!
Will keep you all posted!!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 6:27pm
Hi again,
Well its Saturday evening and I only had transfer on Thursday and I already feel as though I cannot wait for the results of pregnancy test and I am doing the whole "read body signs thing". I get really paranoid and think every feeling I get is my period coming and/or sometimes silly little things make me think I'm pregnant. I even worry that things I do can ruin it for me - even though in the back of my head I know it wouldn't. I just wish I knew whether or not that little embryo is still there fighting strong or whether it is all over.
At least this time we have one frozen and don't have to start again. There is even a chance that we will have another one, may be two frozen tomorrow. I think it helps a little when I think about that - but I am so ready you know? Its funny how some people say be patient, your young, it will happen. We'll I'm sorry, but those people haven't been trying for years. When your ready, your ready and I have been quite patient over the last couple of years.
Anyway, having a little vent helps - I'm so glad I found this site!
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 7:47pm
Oh wow Kazper, I can just imagine how hard that is to have to wait to find out and then trying to read something into every little feeling.

Not long now though, fingers and everthing crossed for you for a BFP on the 15th!!

We start our first lot of IVF treatment this month after TTC for 4 years with unexplained infertility!!!!! Man am I tired of hearing that "try and relax and it will happen", yeah right!!

Almost passed out from fright after reading your very first post in this thread, but I'm hoping I have a strong pain threshold and from what others have said it sounds like everyone is different!!

Wishing you so much luck for the test coming up, would love to hear how you have got on!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 8:59pm
Hi ScaredyCat! - although I'm sure your not one hehe!

Thanks so much for the pick up. Absolutely everyone is different. I have low pain threshold and I also had very active ovaries. The nurse said I had a nerve running across tone of my ovaries, so that would have been where the pain was.

Yeh! it is tiring hearing people say things aye and they all think their experts because they heard a story of someone who went through ivf or tried for so long and when they gave up or relaxed it just happened. No matter how much I try to explain the situation and that that is actually just false hope, they do not listen. As much as I would love to believe that fairy tale ending, we know in our case that it won't happen that way.

Best of luck for your ivf. If you need anyone to talk to I'm here and promise no more horror stories

I'll definitely keep you posted and would love for you to let me know how you are doing as well.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 9:02pm
Me again - ScaredyCat I have added you to my buddy list so you can message me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 10:52pm
Hey Kazper, thanks I will try and do the same.

And I am a big Scaredy Cat, I'm so scared of the whole process it freaks me right out, but I'm guessing I'm gonna have to get used to it and fast!!! AF is due tomorrow, so unless some amazing freak of nature has managed to occurr (fingers and toes crossed!!) I think we will be starting the process real soon.

Can you tell me approx how long before anything happens once AF has arrived. The only thing I've really been told is to ring them on the morning I wake up with AF, from there I have tried to make sense of the manual they give you but it gives such variable length of times for injections and medication etc that I'm not really sure what to expect!!

All I know is that I have a hugely busy month this month with overseas visitors staying for what seems like weeks and in our case no one except two very close friends know what we are up to, so I guess thats kinda freakin me out a bit too. Trying to have to explain to people why we possibly have to upsticks and leave them for awhile, we're in Katikati and have to travel through to Hamilton for treatment, where are you based?

Anyway enough wallowing from me, its great to hear from someone else going through the same thing.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 10:10am
Hi ScaredyCat,

You don't have to get used to anything. Its a scary process and you can feel however you want.

It would be a bit hard keeping this from visitors, as you have injections on a daily basis - at about the same time - one of which needs to be kept in the fridge. Make sure if you are tired and stressed, you give yourself a break and let your partner/husband handle things. It's hard enough doing this let a lone with visitors in the house. It might be a good idea to let them know and to ask them to keep it respect your wishes in not telling other people. I know some people don't like telling others, but it helps. Especially if you have a down day, they can recognize that and stay clear, or clean and help around the house for you or something.

As for your plan, I wish I could tell you what to expect, but everyone is different. I'm based in Taumarunui - so 2 hour drive to Hamilton - meaning 4 hour drives to and from. I got any blood tests done at the hospital here early morning and had them couriered to Pathlab in Hamilton. You may like to set that up where you are. (If you need help, just let me know - may be we could contact one another). Your first 3-4 weeks should be quiet. Probably not much contact with clinic. I think the standard time line for ivf treatment is something like 1 and a 1/2 to 2 months from day one of cycle.
I think you stay on the pill for anything between 2 to 4 weeks, then you start the next stage for about 2 weeks and goes from there. I'd say if you start within the next couple of days, you may be finished late January. I started late October and finished last week. So it really depends on how things go. If everything runs smoothly, you won't have to do too many bloods or make very many visits. In total I think we made 4-5 trips to Hamilton and they weren't till the end of treatment anyway.

Anyway, I can really ramble on. I will add you to my buddy list.

Take care and good luck!!! Keep me posted
fionae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fionae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 11:52am
Hi there,
I know from what I have been told from FA that my day 1 is today and then I am expexted in Wellington for egg collection, followed by implant the week following the 19th Jan.. But as Kazper said everyone is different. Its firt time for me too so I don't know much other than what I have been told and asked. One thing I have learned tho is anything you don't know or are unsure of ask! I hope this helps a litte...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 5:07pm
Hey Kasper,

Many many many many thanks for that, that does help heaps, as I was kinda worried that it was going to all happen over just a few weeks and with Christmas and everything at the same time, so I'm quite relieved its a fairly lengthy process!

I have managed to add you to my buddy list now too (I think!!!)

Anyway, how are you feeling today, gosh I can just imagine how slow time must be ticking for you with the big wait, hope your keeping super busy, and spoiling yourself (and DH) rotten and the time will just fly by!!

And thanks for that fionae, it would be great to hear your progress and how your getting on too, I guess when I get to ring them with day 1 they will probably give me a rough guideline of times etc too, so I have fingers crossed and everthing for you too.

Good luck!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 5:43pm
Hi Fionae and ScardeyCat!!!

It's great to hear from you guys. ScaredyCat I have posted a reply to private message and I have added you Fionae to my buddy list if you ever want to chat as well.

It's so great to have this support and I wish I found this site when I was doing my first ivf because I think it would have really helped.

I'm not to bad today!! ok I lie! I had an aweful sleep last night and feeling quite negative today. I knew I was bound to have a couple of these days though. I'm scared that if I take my mind of what is happening even for a moment, I will get my period. How paranoid is that. For me, last time I had transfer, I started to feel period pains around this time and I am just waiting for it to happen again. I have always, always had period pains a week before actually getting it - so it will kill me if I start to feel it.

Oh! yeh Fionae is absolutely right, everyone is different with their treatment, but you should have at least a couple, if not 3 weeks of peace before the injections start, so hopefully after the crazyness of Christmas for you

I hope goes well for both you ladies and its great that you are both starting around the same time, you could be there for one another through the process.

Take care!!! will keep you all posted
fionae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fionae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2008 at 12:21pm
Thank you to you both. Yes I think it will be great knowing that there is someone out there going through this at about the same time.
Hey Kazpa keep up those positive thoughts....I know it must be hard and it is easy to say but often hard to do.
i have added you both to my buddy list...
Daizy01 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 7:23pm
Hi Kazper,

Pregnancy test on the 15th. How did it all go for you? Positive vibes from this end.
2 ICSI Cycles (Both BFN)
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 8:17pm
I hope it was good news Kazper!!!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 9:13pm
Hi guys,

Sorry to report bad news

I'm absolutely devastated. Sometimes I'm ok and don't think about, then others I think I am going to go crazy.

Both fiance and I were sure that I was pregnant. When I told nurse today what I had experienced she said I probably was pregnant - obviously lost it though. I had been getting very sensitive nipples and then last couple of mornings had nausea. Then out of the blue yesterday I got a little cramping then slight spotting. Only lasted a couple of hours and then things went back to being fine again. Then today I started my period - but only light bleeding. Now for some reason it has decided to stop again, but the cramping is pretty uncomfortable. I not sure what is happening.
Anyway, that enough of moaning. I got to stay positive. We going to book in for our frozen embryo straight away. Should be able to get the ball rolling January/February - although I don't hold high hopes.
Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 40>