FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIntroductions........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introductions........
    Posted: 20 January 2007 at 5:49pm
Hi everyone

After coming across your posts and realising it was just like NZWP I thought I'd join up.

I was a regular member of NZWP back in 2004/2005 when I got married in March 05......so I see some familiar names in this forum. I found the NZWP forum amazingly useful, friendly, helpful and it kept me sane over the many months of wedding plans.......so hoping I might get the same from OHbaby.

BACKGROUND
DH and I have been married coming up 2 years and have been TTC for 4 months. I'm a Draughtsperson and DH is an environmental compliance officer.......we're both really looking forward to becoming parents (soon hopefully!!!).

This website has made me feel supported and "normal" in my desire to become a Mum (all the irrational thoughts/tears/tantrums are feeling normal now I've found you guys!). Thanks to all those that regularly post on here, your thoughts, tips and support is in-valuable and makes me feel so happy knowing there are loads of girls out there wanting to become a mum - JUST LIKE ME.

Look forward to getting to know you all.........
Sponsored Links

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 6:05pm
Hi Salifer

I hope you do like our little community here, and that we *can* be a support to you during your TTC journey.

DH and I have been married just over 5 years - he is an aircraft engineer with Air NZ, and I've just chucked in being a legal secretary about 6 months ago (after 8 years!) for a less stressful office admin position. I was hoping that this would help my TTC journey [insert mirthful snort here!]

At the end of last cycle I'd actually lost count how long we've been TTC - I'm either on cycle 20 or 21, and cycle 22 or 21 kicks off next weekend, assuming AF arrives ...which, at this stage, is a bit of a no-brainer! I have endometriosis, which I had surgery for in September, and DH has some doubtful areas with his fertility - motility and abnormal sperm heads.

That's pretty much our story - so now I suggest just kicking back, relaxing and waiting for the others to rock on up and introduce themselves!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Fene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 6:06pm
Hi Salifer

I was a member on NZWP site also and I found it very helpful too. Looks like this site will be the same with everything you need to know.

DH and I have been married nearly 6 months now. I am a production co-ordinator at ACP magazines and DH is a sports reporter at Radio Sport.

We are so excited about the thought of becoming parents. Currently we are living in Auckland but we will be moving to Nelson before the baby is born. I have heard Epidural's may not be available anymore in Nelson which is a bit scary! I hope that is not the case.

Best of luck to everyone
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 6:23pm
Hi everyone

I too was a member of NZWP! Although under a different name.

DH and I have been married for a year.   I'm a primary school teacher.

DH and I really feel that we're "ready" (even though I believe you can never actually be ready) to be parents. I'd be a young mum but I think it's just a number!!

Salifer - you articulate things so well... you've pieced together what I've been thinking (but I haven't been able to put it into words very effectively)! Thanks for starting this thread.

Ginger - hoping your day comes along soon. I haven't been there for that long, so I can't understand properly, but I can understand a teeny tiny fraction!! Here's hoping this one is your cycle where you can stop counting.

Fene - I wrote in your other post already, but it's so good to hear of more couples excited about becoming parents. I've heard that "sunny Nelson" is beautiful - never been there myself but DH said it was gorgeous.

Nice to "meet" you all..
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 7:09pm
welcome girls! I already know Ginger well. I am sure that you will find this site as useful as I have and wish you all the best in your TTC.

Salifer - didn't we get married on the same day?
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 7:32pm
Hi and welcome to all our new ladies Obviously I'm not TTC at the moment but I do like to pop in and offer support when I can. Arohanui, I just wanted to say 'who cares if you're a young mum?' If you're in a stable relationship and prepared to make lifetime changes, go for it! I'm 24 now but I had just turned 20 when I got married and then had our first baby about a year after. (And we all know peoplke in their 40's who seem younger than others in their 20's lol)

All the very best to everyone
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 8:00pm
hello and welcome to ohbaby! it is a great site and fene- i live in nelson nice place to live

Edited by mum2emj
Fene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 9:12am
Thanks mum2emj

Which area in Nelson do you live in? Hubby's family live in Richmond so we are planning to by a house there hopefully. I have heard it is such a friendly place with loads of sunshine!
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 2:03pm
Hi Ginger, Fene, mum2emj, busymum, Sarah Beth & arohanui.

Nice to be welcomed by you all. Sarah Beth I have sent you a PM as yes we did get married the same day.....starting to feel so long ago these days and its only coming up 2 years ago!!!

Ginger your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine TTC for nearly 2 years, so my heart really does go out to you. I will be sending all my baby dust thoughts to you............may you be blessed with your desire to become a mum (now that you've stepped down from your legal career) really really soon!!!

I guess I thought getting pregnant would be so much easier. Doesn't help that we live in an era of "MAIL ORDER". What I mean is if you want anything these days, you just go out and get it.....clothes, mobiles, cars, good times......and I thought if I "got engaged, married, house, career" that family would just fall into place. Man was I STOOPID!!! Its a real lottery. I've planned my life around starting for a family for the last 18 months and now that I'm "READY" (if one can ever be!!!) its taking longer than I ever imagined.

If there is one thing to learn - its that life has its own path, you can't be in control of EVERYTHING and that what will be....will be. Easier said than done though - heh!!!

Can't wait to learn more from you all............xox
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 9:50pm
Hey ladies

Im Jess am married to Cory and we have just had our 1 year anniversary in December.

We TTC #1 for 1 year before using clomid and getting pregnant with our little Ella Grace who has just turned 6 months.

We are TTC #2 now and GAH its not going so well. I hope you graduate to the pregnancy side very soon
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 11:38pm
Hi new ladies, Karl and I (Kerryn) have been married since 2002 (seems for ever-in a good way), we were still living in Sydney when we got married (back here) and moved back to "home" while pregnant with Ashlyn. It was great to be home. I only started posting on this site a couple of months ago and everyone has been great. Enjoy your journey ttc and hopefully for those not already preg it will happen SOON
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 8:31pm
Hi ladies

I was also on the NZWP forum! My husband and I got married March 2006. We are in our third month of ttc.

This is only my second post...as I'm a little bit shy! However, I have read a lot of the posts and have found it very reassuring to know that others are going through the same emotions (and boy, are there plenty of those!!) while ttc.

The one thing I don't understand is, we spend most of our teenage years and early 20's being so careful not to fall pregnant (not the right time, place etc)....and when we start trying, its no where near as easy as you think it should be!! I guess thats what makes life interesting..

Anyway, I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck! And I look forward to sharing stories, reading shories and making friends

Nik
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by nik nik wrote:

This is only my second post...as I'm a little bit shy!

Hehe up to 26 now, you must be warming up
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by busymum busymum wrote:

Hehe up to 26 now, you must be warming up

To be honest with you, I don't know where the other 24 posts came from?! Unless there is another Nik out there????
kiwigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 8:59pm
I'm Cheryl and married to Peter we have been married for 3.5 years but we have been together since Feb 2000.

We have got one son Jacob Benjamin who will be 4 in April.He has a mild form of autism.Jacob was conceived with the help of IUI and now we are planning on #2 and hoping to have it done in the next month or two.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 9:04pm
I'm too scared to join NZWP, I spend far too much time on the net as it is~!

I am Annie, engaged to Rod, evil wicked stepmum to a 15 year old boy, and mum to Jacob ( aka fatty, JJ, Jake )and no 2 any day now...

I'm a "rock and roller" struggling with being a "soccor mom", I live in hope that my next rock and roll adventure isn't accompanying my kids to a concert in 15 years or so...! lol!

I live in Blenvegas, committee member on Parents Centre, avid pro Breast feeder and all those un rock and roll things, having a very traditional wedding and christening for the children in october this year.

Welcome to Oh Baby!
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 10:39pm
Hi ladies

I'm also one from NZWP, although under another name. DH and I got Married in March 2006. We are expecting our first in August. I'm a teacher and DH is an engineer. I guess I was one of those lucky ones and didn't take too long to conceive. Definitely made it hard for the shock to die down and reality to settle in! However, in between severe bouts of morning/afternoon sickness, I am beginning to get excited!

Good luck to all those TTC. This is a great site!
JD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 9:15am
Hi, I'm also from NZWP under a different name.

My husband and I have been married for almost a year. I went off the pill at the end of July 05 and we have been casually TTC since then. I think it has taken a while for my periods to come back into order, but I think we are right now    I will be testing in the next couple of days to see if we have been successful this cycle, otherwise I am pretty confident about next cycle (what else can you be )

I have been quite a lurker on here for a while and have found all you ladies to be very helpful with answering those random questions that float around in your head
Good luck to the rest of you ttc
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 10:01am
I'm intrigued to know everyone's other names on NZWP now so I can match everyone up!!!

I'm Fussy1, now everyone else's turn!
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2007 at 1:49pm
Hi
I'm fairly new - joined last month.
I'm older than most of you guys - 41. DH and i have been married for 4 years and have been trying since his vasectomy reversal in Sept 2004. It's a bit of a battle as, as well as our ages, DH has a low sperm count still, and I have a structural condition which means an increased risk of miscarriage (altho no-one can tell me how much of an increase). But we're battling on!
We live in Pukekohe, I work in Hamilton and DH works in Auckland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>