FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedstupid boys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
98765 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stupid boys
    Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:54pm
Today my bfs cousin came round cos he and bf were going whitebaiting, i was laying on the couch and cousin sed you should come it will do u good to get up off the couch
Anyway so i went and we were sitting in the car and he started smoking and i asked him to go outside and he said that Alice (a girl who is 3 months pregnant with his baby) still smokes and that its worse for the baby if you give up cos its puts more stress on the baby. This isn't true is it? I said well i'm not putting my baby at risk by smoking but i was wondering if anyone else has heard this, as someone else told me this. Let me know what you know/think

www.jackkeith.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 11:15pm
what a crock!!!! Also, smoking in the car is really really bad!!!! Cause the air doesn't circulate. They7 are considering banning smoking in taxis in Japan, as if the passenger before smokes, the remaining smoke can badly affect non-smokers, including the eldery, young kids and us expectant mums.

sounds to me like "quitting will cause the baby stress" is an excuse for "i dont want to quit"
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 8:22am
Have never heard that before! Think its a load of rubbish.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 8:42am
That is rubbish about the smoking! Everything I've read about smoking & pregnancy says to give up asap & to try not to be around smokers due to second hand smoke. Continuing to smoke during pregnancy causes more harm than stopping does.The only time I have heard anything about not giving up during pregnancy was about addictive drugs like heroin etc because the baby becomes addicted as well & stopping cold turkey can apparently stress the baby as they get withdrawal symptoms.
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 9:16am
My hubby and I quit as soon as we even started TRYING for our baby!!! (Almost 2 years as a non smoker now and I feel soooo much better!!)

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 9:20am
What rubbish!

Some people are just too much....any excuse!
Smoking or second hand smoke is not good for you or your baby. Its not good for any one...so tell him to pull his head out of his.......ARRRGGGG these kind of people really make me made....

preggy_sunflower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preggy_sunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 9:22am
Morning everyone. My impression of the smoking debate is that it is best to give up completely rather than cut down. If you cut down you end up smoking the one or two ciggies that you do have, a lot harder and faster than you would if you continued at your normal rate of 5 a day or whatever. I was a smoker before getting pregnant - mostly when I was out drinking, but at least 2 or 3 day, and I have found it so hard to give up. I have to admit to sneaking a couple over the last 8 weeks, but I think I have finally kicked it. Hard work, but the best way to go. Don't listen to the stupid boy!!
Joshua Hadynn - Born 3 May 2006
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 11:39am
good for you!!!! It's so hard to quit smoking (my dad quit for ten years before starting again!!!)
98765 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 1:13pm
yeah thats what i thought, it didn't sound right. i was trying to give up and when i found out i was pregnant i stopped and haven't had one since.

www.jackkeith.blogspot.com
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 5:46pm
Good on you for quitting
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 3:51pm
Good stuff Rachael - really disrespectful of the guy to question you as well. I think you have a right to be in a smoke free area

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 7:00pm
Yay Rachael for giving up! And giving up is by far the best thing for bubs. Bubs is not under any stress from nicotine withdrawal, even drug addicts are advised to stop taking drugs in most cases because withdrawal is better for a foetus than a newborn (in some cases this isn't true tho)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply