FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat are you planning...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are you planning...
    Posted: 22 August 2007 at 6:33pm
...for Fathers' Day? It's on the 2nd of September (Sunday week).

Oh and do you think I've put this somewhere the guys won't look?
Sponsored Links

MelandBri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelandBri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 6:43pm
I was totally surprised to see on The Warehouse leaflet this week that Fathers Day is on the 2nd. I didn't realise it was so soon, so I haven't even thought about it yet.
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 6:45pm
Well I won't be home DH will only have Andrew and I can't see him making him breakfast for him. I know Andrew's preschool will get the kids to make something and I will get him some shave gel or something like that he needs from the boys.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 6:56pm
DH has been reminding me constantly and he's only been a dad for 5 days!!!

Think we'll end up going to cafe for brunch. Hmmmm wonder if I'll need to book?

Was thinking of getting him a picture book, something like "MY DAD" or similar.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 7:50pm
Wow Sparkle, congrats on the new bub, I missed that announcement somewhere!

I've bought Willie a card but we're away up north that weekend so that's probably all he'll get lol.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 7:52pm
We've bought a card so far, and some chocolate (I think.... that is, I've bought the chocolate but I haven't decided if that's what it is for). But I bought some marbles DH requested in the same shopping trip and directed him to the bag without thinking So now I'm unsure.

For Mothers' Day he and the girls made pikelets for breakfast so I think I still need to think up something
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 7:54pm
Bugger, just realised I am working. We might have to make Fathers day the Saturday instead.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 8:00pm
Yeah, why not? A nice surprise at dinner or something!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 8:56pm
i have to get through jack's birthday and then i'll worry about fathers day   probably go out somewhere and do something...full of ideas aren't i

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 8:57pm

We are away and it would be good to do something nice.
Last year I did a frame, in it I put a photo of the 2 of them, then a strip of fabric (tapa design) then underneath I had 1 foot print and 1 hand print that I had done just in paint.

No ideas from me yet sorry!

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 10:03pm
we bought something special in oz...

he has no clue what it is...and ella isnt telling

he will love it tho....

migg just spend some of the day together - i have no dad but his is around so guess we have togo up there?
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 10:08pm
We're going to Kelly Tarlton's, as DH said that's what he wants to do -- take his daughter to see the penguins. I'm also going to get him a card and some chocolates from Makana... If I can resist eating them, that is. I may have to get a box for myself just in case. ;)
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 10:58pm
Oh Katherine I love Makana chocolates (there should really be a drooling emoticon ) I got DH some of those a couple of years ago for Fathers Day and I fully enjoyed my fair share

We will most likely go out somewhere really nice for brunch - DH's favourite meal to have out.
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 7:48am
This is DH's first fathers day so I want to make it special for him. I have thinking one of the photos with Sam and him looking at each other would be nice. Amy I love the idea of the footprints. Might have to find some paints today and do that! We will be pretty strapped for cash since it is our 6th wedding anniversary on the 31st and my Dad's birthday on the 3rd! Plus 2 more Dad's to get fathers day pressies for! I am thinking there are going to be a few photos given this year lol

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 8:01am
I am going to buy a little canvas and put Elle's hand and foot prints on it (well I suppose I should say - she is going to), I will cook him a nice dinner and probably a nice breaky - maybe even Eggs Benne - he loves that and its been a VERY long time since I have made that for him. Also getting him a new Cell phone as his one is on the blink (the up, down toggle is pretty much stuffed).

No Idea what I am going to do for MY Dad though. DH's Dad passed away last year, we talked about buying a nice rose to plant there, so will possibly do that!

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 3:02pm
Lily is getting DH a glass jug for his home brew Because that is what he needs! He won't be expecting anythign so it will be nice
Faraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:28pm
Kaleb got DH a lovely picture book called "Why I love my daddy". If I get time in the front where it says to daddy, from... I'll put either a hand or footprint in there and also need to get a photo printed of DH with Kaleb for back of book (space for it).
My girlfriend bought DH "My Dad" when Kaleb was born and I was a little miffed as I had that planned but this book is really really nice so it all worked out ok.

In my family we don't usually give Father's day gifts - just do something nice, but in DH's family they do so I decided to make some chocolates for them (gave them both photos of Kaleb for their birthdays DOH). Practised some hokey pokey ones today and they were yum (just don't tell my weight watcher buddies lol)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:50pm
nothing....
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:54pm
Well since I am mum and dad, the girls have decided that they want to do something special but I have to wait and see. Gosh im lucky I get mothers and fathers day gifts

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by GandT GandT wrote:

nothing....

LMAO

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>