FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCows milk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cows milk
    Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:24pm
Gabrielles recent reluctance to breastfeed has made me start to think about weaning. We do 3 feeds a day but she basically refuses the morning one and the night one and only likes the afternoon one. I am reluctant to give her cows milk as a naturpath test showed she has an intolerance (6/10). I'm not keen on soy though.

Do you think it'd be ok to go with cows milk? My DH is lactose intolerant now but was fine with milk as a kid.

According to naturopath tests I am also lactose intolerant but I don't notice any problems at all when I drink large or regular quantities of milk.

Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:31pm
I'd be inclined to start with 1/2 cup a day and if she's fine with it, increase to 1 cup. I guess with intolerance it's largely trial and error.
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:44pm
Why do you not like soy? I don't like the taste myself but lots of people who have children with milk allergies seem to use it..

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:46pm
I drink soy quite a bit and like the taste. It's just the phyto-estrogen thing that I'm not 100% comfortable with.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 9:38pm
I agree with Teresa about starting slowly. And I agree with you re: the phyto-oestrogen thing, current NZ dieticians recommendation is no soy as a main drink till after 2.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply