FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs Kindy worth it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 3:30pm
Wow, this thread has grown! lol

We've decided for now we'll stay with creche and maybe at the beginning of next year (in Feb) or just wait until she's 4 and then she'll start kindy.
The kindys around here have a ratio of 40 kids to 3 teachers and that freaks me out a bit! lol.. she is probably ready to go there but I think we'll just make the change next year instead.

Sponsored Links

buzimumto3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 4:13pm
Thanks GandT that would be great... I freaked out when I realised DS was going to school and he didnt know some of the basics!!

Meow I think teachers dont really have the time and staff to do extra stuff with the kids like writing. Its the ratio that prevents them doing alot... I mean I have trouble just watching my 3 couldnt think about 15 kids!!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 5:48pm
Yeah I wouldn't expect them to teach writing etc.. I mean they'll pick some things up from what they see etc.. DD is already showing an interest in words and the alphabet, she isn't 3.5 years until Dec

buzimumto3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 6:58am
My nearly 3 yo is also interested... He wants to learn all the time! Cant wait til he goes to preschool or kindy! (He may well get more out of it!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12