FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLook out Palmy here we come!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Look out Palmy here we come!
    Posted: 06 September 2007 at 9:42am
We've booked our accomodation, we are arriving late afternoon on Monday 17th September and leaving in the morning on Friday 21 September. We're staying at a place called @thehub on King St.

So what are we up to while we're there? I thought I'd start a new thread and update this post as we decide on meet ups/lunches/painty parties etc.

So far we've definitely got dinner at Lizzle's, but we're also planning a painty party with Andie and Ella and to go on Lizzle's pram walk (but not at 8am!). So what days/times suit you guys for that? And I know Teresa's keen to get the bigger girls together for a playdate at some stage, and hopefully Janine and her girls as well.

So plan and I'll update this post as we go so everyone knows whats the haps!

TUES: Secret October babies business
WED: Big kiddies playdate at Janines
            Potluck dinner at Lizzle's 5pm
THURS: Walk with Stacey then lunch somewhere with whoever wants to join in

Edited by Maya
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 3:22pm
Lol this thread makes us sound like celeb's! He he!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 3:41pm
I did think that, but it just seemed sensible to put it all in one place.
And besides, we are celebs
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 3:58pm
So Emma, when are you coming to Christchurch??
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 4:03pm
awww make the walk late tues morning (definately not 8am! lol - I ain't even out of my dressing gown by then lol)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 4:17pm
I would say, since it's my only day off, that maybe a play date for the big girls on wednesday sometime?

Am working mornings on mon and tuesday so by the time i finish there that day's usually over, lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 4:23pm
Shall we arrange another McD's morning tea/lunch on the Tuesday/Thursday? Speak up anyone who can't make it to the dinner!!

I might get you and Janine and anyone else interested over some afternoon tea time for a play? Perhaps a 2-4pm or 2.30-4.30 since Janine's and my girls usually sleep at lunchtime.... and we're the ones that matter
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 6:47pm
I won't be coming to the dinner. I'd have a night from hell from Daniel if I did!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:11pm
So Stacey, what's a good day for you for a day-time meet-up?
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:34pm
Thurs
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:40pm
I'm out tues, thurs because of working, but will see some of you on weds. not during the day as will have to spend all day cleaning...

oh, and now this is a bit awkward but those coming to the potluck can you bring a plate - literally, just figured out I am lacking in the plate department. I have 8. Oh, and I am making a bit pot of soup - so perhaps a bowl as well (what an amazing host I am!)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:49pm
I have a stack of 50 disposables (which I just chucked through the d/w when we used them ) so I can bring them along if you like Liz. It's plates, bowls, knives, forks, and slightly biggish teaspoons.

Edited by busymum
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:54pm
Teresa that sounds all good, or you and the girls and Emma can come to our place for afternoon on wed before the dinner. will find a way to tucker all the kids out. lol? Either way i don't mind.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 7:57pm
Sounds good to me, how about Wed afternoon Teresa and Janine? Before the potluck seeing as Janine isn't working Wed?

I was gonna suggest Tues for a walk but Liz is working and Thurs suits Stacey better. So maybe lunch at McD's on Thurs with Stacey and whoever else wants?

Oh and for the potluck dinner Liz Kellz and I will probably bring a couple of cooked chickens or something that we can grab from the supermarket since we won't have much in the way of cooking facilities.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:05pm
You might need the walk on Thurs after Liz's pot luck.
Just to let you know I'll come to the dinner and I'll be bringing cake.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:12pm
Janine that sounds cool and with an early dinner etc we'll have our feet up and coffees made by 7pm I was going to suggest my place by your living room is just as big and probably a bit more accessible (ground floor!) and closer to where they are staying. But mines available if you chicken out hehe.

Stacey, I probably won't do Thursday since I'll be doing Wednesday x2, so if that goes ahead you might want to book the party room like we did last time?

Emma, hot chips always go down a treat too

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:13pm
ooo new idea: what say we do a finger food dinner? That way a bunch of cups, plates, and serviettes will be sweet - and the kids won't use cutlery anyway probably
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:15pm
Or a BBQ maybe? Do you have a BBQ Liz?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:25pm
no. bbq is out! pity, as we have a decent yard - will have to get lewis to put up the swing set - guaranteed if we do though, it will rain on wednesday evening!

Emma, chickens sound good. Ooooh, may have to bake some bread. we like to knead the dough (jake thinks it is like playdough)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 8:27pm

I maybe about to supply a bbq if we want to go that way, but I like the sound of finger food.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>