FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeptember ’07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 102>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September ’07 babies!
    Posted: 08 September 2007 at 2:12pm
I heard a rumour the first September '07 baby has arrived, so welcome to the Baby board ladies!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 5:54pm
YAY!!!!! Congrats to the september mums...August went fast!
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 6:34pm
Aww, Sept babies ALREADY!! Congrats!
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 6:49pm
Yup! .Mel has had her wee boy, not sure of the details, she may have posted them in Pregnancy.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 6:55pm
And babykiwi also had her girl too :)
Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
megrac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megrac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 11:45am
and my baby better be next lol
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 8:03pm
Congrats to all you september mummys....hope all is well with you all

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 5:39pm
Thanks girls, it's been an interesting 5 days. I guess him being so damn cute makes up for the tiredness!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 11:46am
I hope I've put this in the right place, thought I'd share my birth story.

Cooper Wade Bannister
Born 5th September @ 12.13pm
Weight: 7pds 2oz - 3250gms
Head: 34cm
Length: 52

Tuesday 4th September:
I had been feeling absolutely fine all day, did the usual at home, then picked up the girl from Preschool. Went to the mall to get some wrapping paper for her presents, while there I had a really painful kick that made me double over in pain. Didn't really think much of it. Had another one later on in the afternoon, again shrugged it off. I'd also been told that a friend of ours had gone into labout, 4 days early. Remembered thinking wish it was me. Craig got home from work and I mentioned that I had mw the next day and that I hoped she wouldn't do another stretch and sweep as I didn't want to be delivering on Nyah's birthday (7th Sept).
Tuesday night we were watching TV, and I was tired so went to bed and finished watching NCIS and Outrageous Fortune, while in bed I couldnt' get comfortable had some dull pains in my lower tummy, just figured it was my dumb hips. Turned the light off at 10.30 and at 12.06 I work up and those niggles were happening more frequently, so I got my phone and started timing them (hid the phone under the blankets so I didn't wake up Craig). They were becoming more regular and a little annoying so I got up at 1.30am and sat on the couch and timed them and wrote them down. Craig got up and I said that this could be it. At 2am we called my parents and asked them to come sit with the kids, then called the mw and she told us to come straight in. So we got everything together, and waited for mum to arrive, gave her instructions for the next day and left. We even snuck through a couple of red lights!!

Wednesday 5th September
Arrived at Auckland at 2.45am and went straight up to the delivery unit, while Craig parked the car my mw did an internal and found that I was 4cm dilated, we decided to break my waters to get things moving. The contractions were still around 5mins apart, so I went walking and we sat around and waited. We all figured because I'd had quick easy labours with the other two that we'd be all done by 6am. Not so.
At 5.50am she did another internal and I'd only gone to 5cm. So much for a 6am delivery!
I have to say at this stage I was getting really p*ssed off with my mw and Craig as they weren't being very supportive, were telling me to hurry up etc, so I got cross at one stage and walked out of the room.
Came back and laid down and dozed for awhile. At 7.45am my contractions stopped. Nothing was happening, mw checked baby, my bp etc and you could see in her face that she was slightly miffed that things had stopped. Hello so was I!
So we had the dicussion about what to do next. She put in a drip of isotonic stuff as I was really thirsty and dehydrated. Did another sweep and advised that I should be seem by the team. So another internal done by the registrar with four other people looking on! The decision was made that I should be induced using the Synto I said ok but I want an epi thanks, the last time I had Synto was with Conor and it was a horrific experience.
The epi guys came in and put it in, which was a new experience for me, nothing like what I imagined it would be. The synto was started and off we went - again. I think it was around 10am by this stage. Had some breakfast and waited. The contractions started again and away we go.
I had to have 20min BP checks because of the epi, and I was put on the CTG monitor, which now meant that I couldn't move anywhere. I jokingly said at one stage that I bet that this baby would be born by midday.
The contractions got worse and she did another check around found that my cervix had a lip on it and I needed to push that out of the way... so started pushing at around 11.30am, once that had been moved, things started to heat up. Craig and I were watching the contractions come and go on the monitor and they increased in intensity by around midday. At one stage I was hyperventilating much to my disgust as I thought I was pushing this baby out! The contractions were really uncomfortable and I could feel every single one of them... So she emptied my bladder for me and topped up the epi.
Midday and it was all on, this baby was ready to be born, I pushed for 13mins and out he came, screaming his lungs out, he was put on my chest straight away, and I immediately said, OMG he's got black hair! (I always imagined a bald or blonde baby). He took awhile to settle so we laid there and I just patted his bum and he settled down. During this time I think Craig cut the cord. I had the injection to bring on the placenta which didn't take long at all to come out.
I had to have 2 internal stitches, and he had his Vit K injection. We had some breakfast and then my mw left!!!! Just walked in after she'd examined the both of us and informed us that she was going home, and that I was now under the care of the hospital, and oh by the way you can't leave here for four hours because of the epi and she said you should probably feed him now, didn't even bother to watch to make sure I was doing it right, and I'm not even sure he got anything from me.. I was again so p*ssed off, Craig wasn't happy either. She left me with the drips in my arm, which meant I couldn't go to the toilet! We were just left alone for ages.

At 3.45pm a mw came in and said that I could get up and have a shower, which was a very funny experience, as I had absolutely no feeling or control of my right leg, so it made for a very funny 10mins to get me off the bed into the shower.

We got organised and left Auckland by around 4.15pm, and checked into Birthcare, wow what an amazing stay I had. I had a wonderful mw looking after me during the day, and another one at night, they were so supportive and helpful. I had the room to myself the first night and shared the second night. The food was great, the shower was fantastic!

So there you go - bit long

Oh and our friend that went into labour on the Tuesday; her daughter was born at 11.58am 4th September, 2mins before her daddy's birthday, Cooper now shares a birthday with him. We were actually in the hospital at the same time, and we both transferred to Birthcare, so got to hang out together which was really cool!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 3:55pm
Wow Mel sounds long. Can't believe the m/w!! Congratualtions!!
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:43pm
You september Mums are quiet
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2007 at 10:56am
I agree Susie, I feel all alone in the September world! Hopefully the new mum's will be able to come and say hi soon!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Mookey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mookey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 7:35am
DH here,

Here are some pics of our weeeee bundle.

Oliver Leo Bennett

Edited by Mookey
       CUSHYTUSH.CO.NZ
megrac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megrac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 12:20pm
hey just like to say that amy heather collecutt was born 11:58pm on tuesday the 18th weighing 7p 11oz and we are all good just a bit tired.
Alisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:41am
Sam was born 11.25am on Sept 1st !! So he is fast approaching 6 weeks !! can't believe how quickly the time has gone although I don't mind admitting how long those first 2 weeks felt !!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 10:11am
Congrats girls - I was beginning to think I was the only Sept mum! Would love to see some photos when you have time.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Alisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 4:04pm
Hel Mel - if you can tell me how to post a photo am more than happy to oblige !!!! Cheers !!!
Mookey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mookey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 6:46pm

Edited by Mookey
       CUSHYTUSH.CO.NZ
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 8:54am
What a cutie he is
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 8:58am
Oh very cute! Hows everyone doing?
Here's a photo of Cooper at 6wks

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 102>