FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYAY for super absorbent new HC inserts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YAY for super absorbent new HC inserts!
    Posted: 12 September 2007 at 2:00pm
We received the brand new super absorbent Honey Child inserts yesterday, so last night I decided to give them the ultimate test!

I put just one large insert in her HC nappy from 4pm to 7pm (this is when she wets the most). The insert worked great and her bum was totally dry! She usually has 1 x large and 1 x small of the old Fuzzi inserts and even that only lasted a couple of hours.

For bedtime I put 2 of the new inserts in Caitlin’s HC nappy and when she woke up this morning (13 hours later) my super pee’r had a dry bum again! And the inserts could still take more pee! I couldn’t believe how tiny she looked in her PJs, she’s usually got a great big bubble butt lol
I used to put 2 large inserts and 1 small insert in her Fuzzi and that was only just enough but she has been known to over flow when the inserts were full

If anyone else needs some super absorbent inserts for their mega pee’r let me know. These are only $7 each (HEAPS cheaper than the hemp super soakers I was looking at getting off TM)
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 2:44pm
Hi, I also have a super pee'r and am just giving the whole cloth thing another go. Where did you get the inserts from?

Handmade Jewellery

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 3:44pm
you can get them from me I'm an agent for Honey Child.

Will PM you
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 3:58pm
Do they have hemp in them?
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 6:07pm
Woot!! I'll have to order some....

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 8:57pm
hmmmmmmm should i?   i usually use a prefold and a peapod trifold insert overnight without probs but they do have large butt snydrome because of this

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 9:07pm
Hey Toni, how do they work so well? Just curious if they are more layers or more absorbant material.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 9:17pm
There's no hemp, just microfibre

I think they are just designed better, I can only feel 3 layers but they definitely feel thicker than the FB inserts and last a lot longer.

Here's the blurb Head Office sent us Agents
Some facts about the new boosters and inserts.
 They are made in Korea and not China
 They are 25% more absorbent than the old Fuzzi Bunz inserts and boosters
 They are plush and thirsty and don’t catch on your hand.
 With the Honey Child System you should not need as many extra inserts and boosters.
 Each Honey Child Preset Package comes with an extra insert. (6 nappies and 7 inserts)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 1:04pm
Cool... so maybe the fibres are longer so absorb more...? it will forever remain a mystery... unless I see one of course.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 6:47pm

OMG after so many different types of inserts, different combos and I have finally found something that will contain his super pee'ing. These new absorbant inserts are AMAZING!!!!! I brought 6yesterday at the parent and child show after seeing this post and I used 2inserts in a pocket and Alize didnt wet thru Woohoo, He had the nappy on for 4hrs and no leaks. Highly recommend these for super pee'ers. I loved them so much I brought 4more today . Great price at the P&C show too which was an added bonus

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 6:53pm

I am going to be brave and put 2 of these new inserts and booster on Alize for tonight and see what happens. Maybe like you Toni I should try 2 but Im just not that brave yet lol. I have so many MAJOR leaks that Im not ready to risk it yet lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:17pm
good luck Kels - let us know how you get on. I'm still only using 2 new inserts for bedtime even after she goes swimming on Sundays (she tries to drink half the pool )
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:55pm

I will and again these are by far the most absorbant inserts I have tried. Highly highly recommend them and thankyou Toni for posting about them or I may have never even brought them thinking they would be the same as the large fuzzi inserts I brought. I use 2 of them per pocket and he wets thru within 2hrs so I have to use a booster as well just to get up to 3hrs out of them. Gone are those days now with my new inserts..yippee!!!!!

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 4:06pm
Our first one of these arrived today! So soft! Had anyone tried the nuture contour inserts? How do these compare to those? We use the contours and they last a good 3 hours (5 in the middle of the day as she basically doesn't wet at all). Are these HC ones as good as contours?
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 8:46pm

I have 3 of the cotour inserts and these HC ones are way better!!! I still had leaks with the contour inserts even when using a booster. I am trialling different compos with these new HC inserts and so far I can use one insert and a booster and havent had a leak. My boy is a heavy wetter so these are a godsend to me!!!

BTW Toni, I tried 2inserts for bedtime last night and WOOHOO no leaks and you are so right still room for more wetting. I am sooo tempted to get rid of all my other inserts and just change to the new HC ones. I have 10 HC so thats a start

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:22am
LOL that's exactly what I'm doing Kels (swapping FB inserts for HC ones)
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:35pm
So you reckon 1 HC insert on its own lasts longer than a contour? I'm curious but in saying that the contours work brilliantly for us so I probably wouldn't change anyway.

Kels...how many inserts do you have??? I have 13 in total.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 10:39am
Hey, I got my inserts yesterday, I tried one overnight with a hemp as well. We did have one small leak but I had left him a little bit longer than I normally do (13hours). I am gonna try just using the two HC ones together tonight and see how that goes. I am very impressed already, I have been using huggies at night as I couldn't get anything else to work reliably and he has wet through those a few times
How much do the medium and large inserts cost?

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 6:59pm

What size is your HC insert cuppatea? I was using huggies at night too as I just couldnt find anything that worked for me and I was sick of changing sheet, strippping clothes etc in the middle of the night. Goodluck for the 2 inserts tonight.

Fiona I have no idea how many inserts I own Far too many and I always thought the more the merrier until I saw how many I had and then found more in the hot water cupboard, as wll as the stash in the baby bag and the ones in the washEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 8:14pm
I just have two small ones at the moment and they fit quite nicely into my mummies touch one size. Unfortunately my inserts didn't dry in time so will have to wait till tomorrow to try them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>