FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCakes - how do I??.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cakes - how do I??.....
    Posted: 21 September 2007 at 9:09am
Ok so i make all the kids birthday cakes in the family and i do a great job of them if i do say so myself but i was wondering - when i cut the cake out to shape; is there some way of preventing the cake from crumbling into the icing when i ice it?????
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 9:31am
I stick it in the freezer for an hour before I have to ice it. It helps to hold it all together and makes it heaps easier to spread the icing on it.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 10:01am
Yeah, I stick it in the freezer too... on the plate I'm going to serve/display it on, so that if I drip any icing onto the plate, its really easy to pick off!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 12:41pm
oh duh! i shouldv thought of that! that makes sense! thanks heaps ladies
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 1:27pm
sometime i learnt of the cooking channel, is if you make a glaze, say apricot and water, and brush tht over the sides of the cake, apparently it wont crumble when you go to ice it, and it doesnt effect the taste of the cake either

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 1:43pm
oh thats a neat tip kazzle! thankyou

Edited by BaileyandAstin
 Post Reply Post Reply