FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPimafucort

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pimafucort
    Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:37pm

Josh has been given this for his poor bum. Am I right and I will need to use nappy liners with my MCN's to protect the fleece??

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:43pm
No idea what it is, but it would be safest to use liners just in case. Especially if the cream is thick and sticky.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:44pm
Poor josh, he was really not happy when I changed his nappy yesterday!

But yeah I'd use nappy liners.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 1:49pm

The cream is Hydrocortisone 10 mg/g, Natamycin 10 mg/g, Neomycin sulphate (Neomycin 3.5 mg/g).

It got worse yesterday Stace, I ended up having to strip him every change and shower him off as that was the only nice way I could think of cleaning him. then this morning he had a pinetarsnol bath (which he loved) and dried off with muslin (which he didn't mind).

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 3:08pm
Poor Josh! Mercedes has the nappy rash to end all nappy rashes too from having the runs the past few days (random thought but I wonder if Josh and her have had the same bug?) and we've been prescribed Micreme H for it which is along similar lines to the pimafucort.

I'm pretty sure it won't ruin your nappies coz it's not thick and oily, it's more of a treatment than a barrier cream, but you might find using liners better for a few days if he's still having frequent dirty nappies coz it might stop your nappies getting stained by explosions. We're using zinc and castor over the Micreme too just to prevent the rash from getting more irritated.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 3:25pm
If it's not applied too thick then you'll be fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 4:50pm

So can I blame Mercede's for this then

I think I may do the same thing and put the amolin over top of it as a barrier as when he pee's it hurts (as I can totally understand).

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 8:10pm
aww poor Josh! Hope he gets better soon
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2007 at 9:00pm
toby had the same cream last week and i didnt use liners cause you only put a small bit on anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply