FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 796797798799800 802>
Author
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 7:49pm
Hi girls! Quick update, we are doing fabulously, C is a great little feeder and happy wee thing! She cluster fed last night for 12 hours straight which was bloody hard work but it paid off cause my milk is in now and she's feeding and sleeping like a legend! I am feeling on top of the world! We are off home tomorrow first thing! Can't wait to get home with my newest addition!
Sponsored Links

sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 10:16pm
Glad to hear things are going really well Peachy. Sounds like you have everything under control , long may it continue for you.
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 7:30am
Fantastic news Peachy! I'm pleased Miss C is being a perfect little baby
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 7:32am
So far Nikki *touches wood* lol
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:33am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair touched the wrong button on the computer....post lost...long post....

will try again this afternoon - hopefully he sleeps...not a happy mum now

Edited by MonicaMouse

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 11:59am
Oh dear MM Don't ya hate it when that happens.

Peachy, I've learnt that *touching wood* doesn't do any good I'm taking Jb to the doctors this afternooon because he's got a cough (I'd say a slight cold). I called Starship this morning to let them know and they want clearance from our GP. Its freezing here today, I was hoping to keep both boys nice and warm to fight this cold, but now I've got to take them out in it to confirm Jb does have a cold...sigh....hopefully this afternoon I should know if we are definitely going to starship or not. Part of me wants to get Starship over and done with and another part would prefer to stay at home. Feeling a little bit stressed as I can't prepare myself physically, mentally or emotionally until I know. Ahhhhh!!!

MF, hope your friend's little boy is ok.
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 2:30pm
Well the doctor thinks its asthma related....tbh it doesn't full me with confidence to put Jb under a GA...but surely the experts know more than I do

Now to get prepared!
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 8:30pm

Nikki - From a purely selfish point of view, I hope that you guys do come up - I would love to see you both, and I am sure that once its over and done with, then it will be a load off your mind. My friends little twin boy (the other twin is a girl) is doing a bit better, they are hoping to transfer them from Waikato up to Starship tomorrow, which will make life a whole lot easier for everyone, as their other two children are up here with their grandmother at the moment. We have had their oldest over for a playdate this afternoon and I have been taking meals up to their place (they have boarders / students). Its hard to know what to do to help in these sort of situations - the twins are only 5 wks old and so tiny, so its pretty scary!

We are plodding on nicely - Miss P has cut her first tooth, and has had bright red cheeks and been super dribbly / grizzly....had to break out the bonjela!  She is so vocal and is trying so hard to pull herself up to sitting. Cheeky thing!

Sorry havent posted much, been pretty chaotic with all sorts of things here, DH is still working from home, so its great to have some help (sort of!) but I am sooooo nervous about what will happen when he goes back to real work!

NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 7:28am
Oh MF, your poor friends. Hopefully they make it to starship today.

So, when does everyone want to catch up? Would Friday morning about 11ish suit? At the Ronald McDonald House?? Otherwise, I'll be free while Jb has his cath Thursday morning (providing he is still first on the list) and then he'll be in recovery for most of Thursday afternoon - so we could have a visit on the ward???

Pleased to say its a beautiful (if not, very chilly) day today. Yippeee we'll be able to get out of the house and play outside!!!! The boys and I have cabin fever really bad
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 8:00pm
Yay Nik....so glad JB has been given the "GO" for Starship....hope you got your ZEN time...to pull it all together....

So is it just you and JB going? Is Rex staying home with Dean?

We good here.....plodding along...kids do have colds but nothing terrible...DH on holidays for a week....so funny having him home and I go to work....(pppssssst don't tell anyone but its rather nice to come home from work to a cooked meal and the washing done!!! - LOL!).
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 8:24pm
Lol Sal. DH and I tossed up in the idea of him being at home while I went to work. Once I'd reminded him that he'd have to do everything I do, he quickly went off the idea! lol

Rex is staying at home with DH. I'm going to miss Rex heaps, but at least I can fully concentrate on Jb without worrying about dividing my time between both boys. If we were to be away for longer, then DH and Rex would also come.
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 7:19am
we've been hit by the winter colds here too :( except the boys got theirs while we were at Mums last week - poor Blair was looking and sounding that unwell that I ended up taking him to the dr while we were away. At one stage it was thought it may have just been a cold, but after reassessing it, I was given ABs (for use in a couple of days if there was no improvement) and an inhaler in case he needed it - cos his breathing was sounding laboured at times. ABs started in on Saturday - and he ended up having afternoon sleeps both sat and sun :) and he's definately on the mend.

Got my phone call yesterday from Autism NZ - first at home visit next week, with the course starting the following week. Nikki no I didnt get to see the sunday program that night, but I'll try to catch up with it on demand.

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 7:24am
Good luck with Starship today Nikki, I am thinking of you
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 8:43am
very quick post from me before I go to work, Nikki, I'm keen on either day, will do what suites everyone else....would prefer Friday, but ok for either day.

Right, off to work, D-Day today, FX not another midnighter!!!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 12:28pm
Nikki, THANK YOU so much for the gorgeous sock monkey you sent me! She is ever so cute
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 7:08pm
Cute new ticker Peachy! I'm so glad to hear everything is going well.

Good luck at work Manz - I hope it isn't a late one for you.

All the best for the visit next week MM.

MF - I couldn't believe my eyes when you said Miss P was teething! It seems like (yesterday) when she was born!

I hope you are going well Nikki - at least you get to catch up with the lovely Auck mummas!

Not much to report here - exhausted tonight after goig out to dinner and Harry Potter last night, and a busy day at work. Bed soon maybe
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 8:01pm
eek, I have a four month old

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 8:37pm
Wow, time is flying by! Can't believe you have a four month old already Kabe, not to mention Miss P teething MF! We're on the countdown to a first birthday here and it feels far too soon!

Peachy - so pleased to hear everything is going well with Camryn. Hope life as a family of four continues to go smoothly.

Nikki - hope everything goes well at Starship.

MM - great to hear you're having a home visit soon, I hope it all goes well. Sorry to hear the boys have been sick.

Nothing much happening here, just these two keeping me busy, as usual...
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 12:26pm
Our babies certainly are growing up quickly! I haven't been on in a couple of days, and all of a sudden Ana is 4 months, Poppy is teething and Aiofe is nearly a year old!!!

Nikki, am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, hope all goes smoothly today!

MM, hope everyone is getting better and all goes well with the home visit next week!

Peachy, sounds like you had a great experience this time, did you have her at Waitak?

Lol Sal, I'm enyoying that too! DH has been doing most of the cooking and running around after Miss M lately, he's been great!! However, today I'm doing the washing and housework, he's not quite THAT good!

My new job certainly is keeping me busy, but I'm enjoying it! Am still getting used to spending so much time on the computer tho!! I'm looking forward to spending the day with Mikayla tomorrow, I haven't had much quality time with her lately (the one downside to the new job!)

ETA: Kabe, Sam, are you going in to see Nikki tomorrow?

Edited by manz
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 3:44pm
Crap! Just spent half the day in A&E on a friggin drip! Have mastitis in both breasts and its really bad. I have vivid marks all over my boobs so they can monitor the infection. So 3-5 days of having a drip each day! Thought things were going to well! I was sweet last night, woke up this morning and felt absolute rubbish, stripped off for a shower and OMG I have bright red boobies!! Gosh it came on so suddenly and I am in so much friggin pain, it sucks!!

So anyway, onwards and upwards from here I hope
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 796797798799800 802>