FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 797798799800801 802>
Author
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 3:48pm
Oh no peachy that sucks!! Glad to hear all was going well, what a pain that you now have to spend that time on a drip... bummer!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Sponsored Links

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 4:48pm
Oh no Peachy - you poor thing! I hope you get a decent chance to rest up and recover quickly.
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 8:01pm
Peachy, poor you!! I nearly got it when A went on a feeding strike & I totally freaked out. Hope you're starting to feel better. Can't believe that C is one week old already

Quick update on A. She's now sleeping in her moses basket for all her sleeps!!! At it's worst it took 90 mins of resettling, but now it takes between 3-20mins so much better. I feel like a new woman, now I'm not carrying her all day. Night sleeps have turned to custard, but I think she's going through a growth spurt and hopefully it'll improve again in a few days.

Nik, I hope that things are going well for you in Akld. Sorry I missed you, but I've had a col and didn't want to expose you to it.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 8:54pm
I know one week already - eek it goes fast!! Well I can report that I am starting to feel better, the headache is easing and I have stopped shivering, yet sweating because of my temp. NEVER want to get this again - its worse than a c section pain wise! My boobs are still red hot and aching like crazy but atleast I can rest C on my shoulder now to burp her cause I couldn't even do that this morning. Isn't it funny that nature must know something is up as C has cluster fed all afternoon, obviously helping to clear the blocked ducts and its helping. I have also had cabbage leaves in my bra for a bit this arvo to reduce the engorgement, gosh they make your boobs feel great as crazy as it sounds.

Other than my mastitis, things are going really well thankfully. C is a very placid baby, much like L was, fingers crossed she stays cruisy!

Great to hear you have turned a corner with A's day sleeps kabe. Now lets hope she continues to now improve on her night time sleeping habits too!
manz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 12:38am
Peachy, that's terrible, but glad you are starting to feel better. I used cabbage leaves when weaning Mikayla, it's amazing how much they help!

Yay for sorting out the day sleeps Kabe! Hopefully the night ones will sort themselves out soon too.

We had a lovely visit with Nikki & Jacob today. M shared her toys with the other kids nicely, and one little girl enjoyed playing with her blankie so much that M gave it to her!! Later on she said to me that blankie always makes her feel better, and the little sick girl needed it more than she did, made me so proud!    She does have another one, so it's not a complete end to blankie, but now she no longer has a spare...Sorry we missed you & Poppy, Sam!!
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 7:17am
Thank you Sam and Manz for visiting, it was really lovely to see you both. Poppy is as cute as a button (and I got cuddles!!!) and Miss M is such a gem Manz, I can so understand why you are so proud. I bumped into Julia and her mum again, Julia's mum was so blown away that Miss M had given Julia her blankie - it was extremely thoughtful of her Sorry to hear you had a cold Kabe, it was have been lovely to catch up with you too and meet Miss A.

Oh poor you Peachy, how bl**dy awful. Pleased to hear you are feeling better.

Kabe, also pleased to hear Miss A is sleep better during the day. Hopefully in her case, sleep induces sleep will work for her night sleep too.

Thank you for all the well wishes. Its so good to be home. That was an extremely full on, stressful 3 days. Jb is now aware and remembers 'procedures', so he protested about EVERY procedure - even having his weight done Poor wee guy. His cath was also delayed on Thursday, we was meant to be first up and ended up being last up. He didn't go down for surgery until just after one. Thankfully he fell asleep on me before we had to go down to his op. He continued to sleep until I handed him over - almost too easy, but I was still a mess   He did everything by the book this time!!! The doc used the word 'fantastic' twice while talking to me! His pulmonary artery (that they created) is looking fantastic! His pulmonary branches (which has always been a real concern) are looking fantastic! His pulmonary valve is doing its job and looking really good - they have said that Jb may not need his next open heart surgery for another 5 - 10 years!!!!!! Can you believe that!!!! From a heart point of view, we don't need to see his Paed for 6 months!!! All we need to do now is have regular echos and ECGs at Wgtn hospital until the time comes that he needs his next lot of surgery. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, we are both so happy. We really couldn't have wished for better news Now we can relax and really enjoy our gorgeous wee family.

Once again, thank you to all of you for your wonderful support
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 10:09am
That is such awesome news Nikki! I'm so happy to hear that everything went well and to not need more surgery for ages is fab.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell Peachy. I hope you're very much on the mend now. Yay for little Camryn cluster feeding at just the right time.

How are things going for you MM? I have been thinking about you and Daniel a lot.

Hoping everyone else is doing well during this very chilly snap. Brr!
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2011 at 8:39am
Wahoo - that is great news Nikki - so pleased for you and Jb.

Blair was rather funny yesterday - pulled rank on Daniel and told him that he needed to share his new toys, he's getting a little bossy every now and again, he also told a little girl she couldnt touch something in a shop the other day eeeekk.

Daniel enjoyed his birthday - seemed happy with hos presents and was very eager to get stuck into his cake. I think he will miss Blair when kindy goes back tomorrow. I finally caught up with the sunday episode on autism and Autism NZ. Interesting watch and one that made me feel very greatful that atm Daniel is (am I allowed to say it) no-where near as 'bad' as he could be. He has just started to try and drag me places that he wants me to be which from my point of view is good because while he cant tell me, he's showing me what he wants (which is a really nice relief) I'm doing ok, have some minor moments, but I guess thats to be expected. Right I better get a late breakfast into these boys - yup Blair is STILL in bed - i hate to think what he's going to be like in 10 yrs time

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2011 at 9:44am
Lots going on girls!

Nikki, so so so so so glad to hear your fantastic news about Jb! He is such a star!!!!!

Eeek Peachy! I hope you are one the mend. It sounds terrible! I had mastitis for about 2-3hrs with N, I can't imagine having it for days!! Funny to hear that cabbage leaves actually work!

Manz, Miss M is unbelievably sweet to give that wee girl her blankie!

I reversed the car into my BIL's gate last night! Sigh - it broke the rear light and smashed off heaps of the bumper, and dented part of the car. I can't believe how much damage it did given the insignificance of the crash. Not looking forward to getting us all to and from work and dc without the car. What a hassle... at least we are insured...
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2011 at 8:21pm
Nikki, that is fantastic news - so happy for you and your little family! Now you can get on with life and have fun! XX

Peachy, hope you feeling better now! X

Tried to have a relaxing girls weekend away, but came home feeling a bit low in the end. My sister has been a bit of twit lately and said some things to me that really wound me up last night - she is having trouble with her boyfriend of 8 years and whether she wants to stay with him... After all the support I have given her over the last month, she threw it back in my face last night and now I don't even want to talk to her. Pretty gutted.

But the kids missed me heaps, which was kinda cute. I talked to Amy on the phone this morning before coming home (after DH told me that she hadn;t said anyhting about missing me, but Luke had) and the first thing she asked was "when are you coming home mummy?" But then they both were sad when DH left after I got home - so they love us both at least!

Looking forward to getting back into the kindy rhythm this week, this has been first holidays that has really affected our routine. Luke is hanging out to get back to his friends and fun at kindy. I love the way he is so settled there, he has grown so much with confidence, language and self esteem since starting kindy. Its great!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Salifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 12:57pm
How are you feeling Peachy? Been thinking of you lots. Mastitis is awful....never suffered from it myself....certainly counting my lucky stars after hearing about your rough road!
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:06pm
Peachy - I hope you've recovered now. How are things going?

Manz - M sounds like such a sweetheart, must make your heart melt.

Nikki - it's so great to hear how well JB is doing - amazing! I'm so happy for you.

MM - how lovely that Daniel is communicating with you that way.

Argh DJ! Car repairs can be so frustrating - hope you manage to get it sorted easily.

Bel - sorry your time with your sister wasn't as good as you'd hoped. At least your sweet kids cheered you up!

I started the week with a nasty (but thankfully short-lived) tummy bug. Feeling better now, though it's left me fairly worn out. Bring on the weekend, I say! Should go to bed now...
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:19am
Oh dear, how awful Monster. Only 2 days until the weekend!!!!!!

Peachy, hope you are fully recovered now. I've been meaning to say about the sock monkey 'that you are more than welcome. Pleased you like her :o)'

Bel, sisters huh! Pleased you managed to have a weekend away though, shame it couldn't have been more fun.

MM, I'm so pleased Daniel is able and willing to communicate with you.

I'm so pleased kindy is back. Rex was very clingy after me being in Akld, and I was a little concerned he'd be clingy at kindy, but he was happy to go off and play Makes it difficult to spend any time at kindy with Rex as Jb is under his storm cover in his pram so he doesn't catch any bugs. He hates it!

Speaking of bugs...Poor Jb has a nasty cold So typical really. He's on ABs again, so hopefully they can do their thing.

MF getting excited about your trip away? Hope your dress arrives on time!
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:05pm
Great news about JB's heart Nikki! Lovely you got to catch up with MF and manz.

DJ stink about your car, DH did that when his car was only a few weeks old earlier this year. He was so pissed off!

Bel, sorry to hear your girls weekend didn't go as planned, but nice to hear the kids missed you! Hope your sister sorts herself out soon.

monster glad to hear your tummy bug was short lived!

A BIG huge thank you to SH for dropping over dinner for us yesterday! I love our thread for the lovely people I have met on here and the things everyone does for one another

AFM I am finally turning a corner with the breastfeeding. Last Friday I was ready to throw in the towel well and truely. Mastitis and severly cracked nipples are not fun at all! I am still on antibiotics, but am feeling loads better. I have been using nipple shields for the last few days to heal my nipples and yesterday I managed to get C on the right hand boob with out the shield and today we have ditched the left hand boob shield too! So huge progress, I am stoked! So glad I didn't throw in the towel in my little tanty last week cause I really do love breastfeeding when things go right

Other than that, everything is going great, C is a little gem, she is just so chilled out! Loving it very much! L has been 95% good, just the odd patch of bad behaviour which I am standing on pretty hard, but I understand things are so different for her. She really has grown up in the last two weeks, which is great! Yay for kindy being back this week too!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:12pm
I hope JB bounces back quickly from his cold Nikki.

My girls are snotty too, and I got a call from dc today that A had a fever. They had given her pamol and by the time I got there she was fine. We had a nice day off in the sun though The girls are loving going into town on the train (me, not so much!) They can't get parts for the car until the 17th!!!!!!!

My best friend is visiting for the weekend - that's pretty exciting. Hope she likes the train too

I'm noticing a bit change in A with confidence etc too Bel - I took her into work after I picked them up today and she answered everyone's "what's your name etc" questions with a loud clear voice, and seemed really comfortable with lots of adult strangers. She was very keen to tell them all that she is 3 and 3/4's tomorrow

ETA - good to hear you are on the mend Peachy - very hard to be in that much pain (on top of the c/s!) and feel sooo sick with a new baby (and L!)

Edited by DJ
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 5:51pm
Grrrrr (sorry this is a grumpy post)! Why can't my boobies play ball! Everything is going so perfectly, C is a little gem of a baby, so happy and content and letting me get a good nights sleep which is great! BUT my boobs are just not co-operating this time    C lost 260gms in the first week (7% of her body weight so completely normal), then second week she gained 330gms and this week she only gained 100gms. I have so much milk it is quite stupid TBH, and C is a great little breast feeder so why is she not gaining weight. M/w has suggested that I pump for a few mins before feeding as she thinks I may be producing too much foremilk so she's not getting enough hindmilk to gain enough weight. I really don't want to stress about it and for all I have been through to get to this stage I REFUSE to give in. Man I hope my boobs sort themselves out!

I have increased my food intake and have started on complan drinks and nut bars to try and fatten up my milk. I am trying so hard not to stress about it and I do beleive if she wasn't getting enough food she would be screaming and starving hungry, but she's not and she drinks so much at every single feed, I carefully ensure that she is having good feeds particularly during the day. I am demand feeding which is mostly 3 hourly but in the evenings can drop down to every 1 1/2 to 2 hours which is absolutely fine by me.

Grrrrrrrrr (hopefully that will make me feel better!)

Anyone have any advice or theories?? L had super huge weight gains when b/f, so I just don't get it.
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 6:24pm
Sorry Peachy - no suggestions from me, but hope that things start to sort themselves out for you soon!
I am still without a laptop, which is making my life difficult....can use DHs occassionally for FB but getting on here seems harder for some reason!
I had a fantastic weekend away, lots of laughs and fun, and amazing to be child free...but so nice to come home to all my babies!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 6:41pm
Hi Peachy, I think your MW might be right...but not sure about pumping before each feed? Maybe hand expressing?
The natural remedies like milk flow are good and I think there is another one that helps the quality of your milk (can't remember the name). Your chemist might be able to help there. Hope things settle for you soon.
Mum to:
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 7:56pm
Great to hear you had a good weekend away MF! Certainly looks like it by the photos!

SH, well she said express or pump, so I could just hand express I guess. She's only talking like taking off 20mls or so before the feed and that is super easy for me to do. I could get that off in about 3 mins or even less. She said its only for a few weeks while I have this huge over supply then it should all settle down. She's had another client with exactly the same problem and by expressing a wee bit before each feed by 5 weeks her boobs were sorted and baby gaining good weight.

I guess I am just bummed (and lazy cause I don't want to express!) that my boobs still are not sorted, but I do have to remind myself (daily!) that she's only just over two weeks old. I feel like its been months that she has been in our little family!

I am going to make some of those lactation cookies and see if they make a difference too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:43pm
That's cool :) at least you know if you follow her advice it could settle down for you too. I so understand how bummed you are but it's going to get better :)
Mum to:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 797798799800801 802>