FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 07 babies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 798799800801802>
Author
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 10:13pm
Hey Peachy - sorry to hear you're feeling a bit frustrated at the moment. I hope things pick up again for you soon. At least 100g is still a gain - did she grow in others ways (eg. lengthwise) too? Here's an interesting link about the foremilk/hindmilk thing- it's not as clear cut as previously thought. Hope it might reassure you. Ringing LLL might help too, they're good at listening and should be able to support you/give you suggestions.

MF - you looked fabulous in your pics - love that dress!
Sponsored Links

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 1:53pm
monster thats what I think too, a gain is in the right direction and its not like she's a little tiddler thats not eating well. That is an interesting article you provided, thanks for that.

I have been in contact with LLL last week but will give them another call today. They have such wonderful advice and after reading there website last night this seems to be a common problem with over supply of having too much foremilk. There advice is to feed off the same side for a few feeds in a row so I have started that today, doing the same side twice and then switching to the other side after two consecutive feeds on the one side. Will see if that works. I will try anything to not have to express, I am too lazy and busy for that

Right off for a nap, both of them are asleep and we had a up and down night last night for various reasons, Camryn spilling everywhere 3 times and then DH worrying about his scan toady so I need some rest! He had his scan today on his stomach to see if they could find the reason for the random pains he gets, so he was worried about that. They have checked every organ in his body and all is well apparently so who knows where to from here.

Right time to sleep

Edited by peachy
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by peachy peachy wrote:

its not like she's a little tiddler thats not eating well.   I will try anything to not have to express, I am too lazy and busy for that

So true Peachy, at least she is gaining And she looked extremely contented when I saw her

I found the same thing after Austin was born...just didn't have the motivation to express.

Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:49pm
Peachy, sorry to hear about the weight gain concerns. Does seem strange given that the BFing sounds like it's going well! I'd just keep doing what you're doing and just feed from one side each feed, so you know she's getting the hind milk. I think I only fed from one side for the first 4 weeks, then started offering both sides after that.

Not sure if you know about the KellyMom website, but she offers great BF advice and i always go to it when I'm having issues. Currently I'm doing top-ups a couple of feeds a day as Miss A doesn't seem satisfied in the afternoon/evening anymore

Hey can any of you remember how to print off all your individual posts? I remember last year I posted the details on how to do it (copied from another thread), but can't for the life of me find the post. I've got all my entries up to June 2010 but would like to copy more recent ones.

Edited by kabe

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 8:18am
http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13828&PN=1&TPN=1034 - here you go kabe!!

We are good here, DH is working up past Lukes kindy, so for the past 2 weeks he has been on kindy dropoff. Amy and I love it - she was still in her jammies at 10.30 yesterday morning!

Peachy, sorry that the weightgain isn't going so well, but I wouldn;t be worrying until you actually get a loss - a gain is a gain in most books! Look forward to hearing about the gain from this week. I remember having problems with too much foremilk, but more about lots of milk and Amy having trouble with wind. But I did the same thing, feeding from one side only and then topping up with that side before giving her the other side at the next feed.

Nikki, so pleased for you and your aftersocks monkeys!! Just showed the kids and DH - he was majorly impressed and Luke wants one!! Both of my kids love their munkmunks - Lukes sleeps with him every night and Amy drags hers all over the place. I will try and get a photo of them all for FB.
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 12:26pm
Hi all - yey for Friday!

Peachy - like others have said I wouldn't be too concerned about wee C - sounds like she is getting enough milk or she wouldn't be such a lovely contented wee bundle.

We've been knocked for 6 with sickness - DP has had been bedridden most of the week off with flu and A and N have both had a virus with ongoing fevers over the last 2 weeks (not at the same time - so lots of juggling). Add to that working, and still not having a car! Work has been very good about my time off, and I have learned to appreciate how much DP actually does to help.

Mmmm jammies at 10:30 That's on my list for tomorrow
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 5:08pm
Just had to pop in and report C's weight gain for the week of 270 grams - yes, back on track! My research and how I have changed the structure of my b/f's is working

Now question for you ladies with two kids, do you have Mummy guilt? I often feel guilty because I don't get to spend the same amount of time with L like I used too and I feel guilty cause C gets fed, burped and shoved in the bouncer or under the play gym so I can actually get something done each day. I feel so guilty some days and it really consumes my thoughts. Please tell me its "normal" to feel this way?
sunnyhoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyhoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 6:16pm
Yes, all the time! I hate it...especially when I do sit down to play with them and they fight each other for my attention
I don't know how to deal with it or what to do about it...Joy gets most of the attention, poor Austin gets little because Joy is so full on and when she's away at kindy he's sleeping.

I wonder if there are any lurkers that can help us with some advice??
Mum to:
Joy Emily 1.05am 27/09/07 7lb 3oz
Austin Paul 12.47pm 18/04/10 10lb 8oz
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 7:14pm
I had a good friend that told me all about the guilt before I got pregnant with Pops, but I never expected it to be sooooo bad! I feel terrible every single day about trying to manage my time to give both of them enough attention, its so hard! I had a mini meltdown today too because (even though I went away for a weekend.... ) I feel like I never get any downtime now with 2 kids to manage!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 7:32pm
Great news about the increased weight gain Peachy. Well done

I am probably the wrong person to answer about the guilt thing, as I'm not even feeling very guilty about going back to work and putting the girls in daycare. In my view, it doesn't pay to over-think these things - you have two kids and that isn't going to change. You can only do what you can. At the end of the day, the two kids are going to appreciate having a sibling more than if they got a bit more of you to themselves while they were young. Just relax and go with the flow.
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 11:46am
Peachy, well done with the weight gain

Bel, that is so sweet about the Sock Monkeys - thank you so much

I use to feel guilty, but I'm finding it so much easier now they are older. I generally have some special mummy and Rex time in the weekend (while DH is having special Jacob and Daddy time). During the week, I have special Jacob and Mummy time while Rex is at kindy. And DH has special Daddy and Rex time when they take Rex's motorbike for a ride (yes, Rex has a little motorbike!!! Its a early birthday present). We call it 'special time' and the boys seem to respond really well to it. I find, especially Rex, is more settled if he can have some special mummy time.

A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
MonicaMouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 5:24pm
Sorry guys a bit of a woe is me post/rant :(

Daniel has gone back to having sleep issues, in the last 2 weeks he has woken probably 2 out or 3 nights at some hideous hour - 1.30 - 2 am, and not gone back to sleep for over an hour - except for the one night. AND on 2 occassions has woken and not gone back to sleep - one night just after 4am, the other just after 5.30am. I joked to dh that its just about 'as bad' as having a newborn in the house. Unfortunately me and constant broken sleep do not mix well.

To top that off, (and I'm embarrassed to admit this but I need ideas) I got called into the teachers office at kindy today - it appears that Blair has been a bit rough and has actually hurt one of the other children, and is carrying out potentially dangerous behaviour - as well as lashing out when not getting his own way. This has just happened this week so I am really hoping its a combo of him not feeling well and not eating properly - but that being said he has only been at kindy 2 days this week - monday and today. I was totally shocked and disappointed in him, I really cant believe that my boy is doing this, but I need to, and I need to get it sorted. Its not the sort of behaviour we sees modeled at home (either in person or on tv) so I have no idea where he has got this from. I put him into time out today for yelling at me, and ended up telling him he needed to stay there until he was ready to say sorry - yup a bit extreme but nothing else seems to be working at the moment.

He gets one on one time with me - Daniel still has naps - or rests in the afternoon (and that doenst affect his night sleeping) I try to involve him with the stuff that I'm putting into practise that I'm learning from the course - eg last night teaching Daniel to play with a toy. Eeeeeeek

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 11:29am
Quick update: Apparently it doesnt look like this child's eye has gone black, (a little relieved) I'm just in the process of trying to find out if it was an intential wallop, or an accidental lash out

Blair and I had a really good talk yesterday, one of his problems is sharing toys that he is no longer playing with, so I need to try and do some work on that. On top of this it turns out this behaviour has gone pear shaped more so in the last 2 weeks - so I'm looking for triggers - not excuses. During the chat last night it came out that there is a black monster in the house which scares Blair - and has only been here for a short time (this ties in with the wet nights, nightmares - or terrors - as well as some wet during the day as he hasnt taken himself off to the toilet fast enough, (or maybe moved bits around enough) Before the boys went to bed we ues the 'Monster Away Spray' and sung the song that you have to use with it, AND he took a friendly soft toy monster that I had made him to bed with him. It looks like it may have done the trick.

Bought the head teacher up to speed with what we have found out, and we are working together - along with Group Special Ed (ministry of Ed) to try and find out if there is any other underlying factors

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2011 at 9:37pm
Yay for C's weight gain Peachy! I hope things have continued to improve.

MM - that must be tough, but at least the kindy are working with you to support Blair and give you all some strategies. Poor guy - hope the monster spray worked.

My baby is nearly one! I feel like it's a busy week ahead, though I'm sure everything will be fine.
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 7:25pm

I hope you are getting on ok MM. If it makes you feel any better, A sometimes hurts N very deliberately, and in anger. There is also a girl at their daycare who regularly hurt other kids. I think a bit of that behaviour is quite normal. I tried your monster spray trick with "bad dream" spray with A the other night!

I hope everyone else is well. We seem to be having a bit of a run of bad luck and more stress than usual. DP is away this week, and A is sick again...I had to facilitate a 2hr workshop this morning and she had to come with me - she was sooo good! She watched DVDs on my laptop and drew pictures etc and didn't interupt at all
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 9:06pm
Deb, sorry to hear that life has been a bit stressful - thats no fun! But pleased to hear that A was so good while she accompanied you to work!

Happy Birthday to Miss Aoife!!! A whole year already!

Well, I nearly went and got myself a job, got as far as a date/time for interview, but then the day before I wimped out!    I decided that I wasn;t ready to have to put Amy into care - it was a P/T position that I would probably have been able to fit around kindy times. But I felt much better once I had let them know. Basically it came down to the fact that I don't NEED to work and I wasn;t entirely happy with the idea, so DH and I decided to wait another year before thinking about it again.
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 7:29am
How are things going MM? I'm wondering if our nearly 4 year olds are going through a hormone surge. From memory, a boy gets a surge of testosterone about this time and that could explains some aggressive behaviour R is displaying towards Jb. Several mums I've spoken to are having a few issues with their nearly 4 year olds. I certainly know that my two have cloth ears at the moment so are spending more time in time out for not listening. Ahhhh the joys!

Good on you Bel for choosing what is right for you Knowing I've only got a few more years at home, I'm trying to make the most of it.

DJ, what a good girl A is Hope everyone in your household gets better soon.

Well, it looks like our turn for colds again. Mind you, its the 1st cold this winter that R has got. I've come down with it and I'm hoping DH and Jb don't get it.    

My sock monkeys are still keeping me super busy The more I sell, the more motivated I am to make them. I've decided that for the month of Sept I'll donate $2 for every monkey sold to Autism New Zealand Inc - especially for MM and BabyG's nephew (I know he lives in Australia so unfortunately, won't benefit from it) and a good friend of mine who has a little girl with autism. I love being able to give back, and wouldn't be able to do it without my little hobby/business.

Hope everyone else is well.
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
babyg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2011 at 1:35pm
Awww Nikki - you're a darling Your support to Autism NZ is very much appreciated from our family! I too am going to give a profit% to Autism NZ (when I start to actually make money ... SOON) ;) Doesn't matter that my little Mr C is in Aus - the International Autistic family benefits from any money contributed to the progress of Autism research all throughout the world :)

Hi lovely ladies, think of you all often - hoping everyone is well along with our ever growing family of kidlets xxx

We are good, but busy. Life will be much more manageable next year when my workload will managed myself rather than at someone else's beck and call :)
Ev, Mum to:
Carys Ruby - 4 October 2007
Spencer James - 2 July 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonicaMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 10:13am
Originally posted by NikkiB NikkiB wrote:

My sock monkeys are still keeping me super busy The more I sell, the more motivated I am to make them. I've decided that for the month of Sept I'll donate $2 for every monkey sold to Autism New Zealand Inc - especially for MM and BabyG's nephew (I know he lives in Australia so unfortunately, won't benefit from it) and a good friend of mine who has a little girl with autism. I love being able to give back, and wouldn't be able to do it without my little hobby/business.

'LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE'

I told my Mum about this and now I have to send her the link to your FB page.

Both boys are still a little all over the place, Blair hadnt even been at kindy 20 mins and was already having to have some time-out Daniel had trouble getting to sleep again last night, and finally fell asleep around midnight-ish, and then woke at 4am unhappy. After half an hour of not being able to settle him, I gave in, paracetamoled him - which encouraged him to drink more water, moved Blair into our bed, and I crawled into B's bed with D. Finally got him to sleep and managed to get a few more zzzz's myself

Blair 15/10/2007
Daniel 30/07/2009
monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2011 at 10:37am
Thanks for the birthday wishes for A. We had a lovely family day together for her birthday and the party went well on Saturday. DH has taken today off as I've been sick all weekend and really need a chance to rest up and recover.

Bel - good on you for trusting your feelings on that one, it must have been hard to make the call, but the relief must have been worth it.

Deb - what a darling A is! There's no way T would have been so obliging.

Nik - I'm so impressed with your sock monkey success - how awesome that you can use them to help others too.

MM - more for you. Is Blair well at the moment? I'm just asking as I know T struggles more at Playcentre when he's not 100% well - I find then he needs the peace and quiet of time at home, even if he doesn't seem that unwell.

Can't wait to be through this winter season - hope everybody else is well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 798799800801802>