FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRemembrance Day ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembrance Day ideas
    Posted: 08 October 2007 at 10:17am
Well Christmas and new year are approaching and Dh and I were laid in bed last night discussing all the details, family etc and it hit us that we want to do something to mark the day we would have had our bubba on New Years Day ( not a date you can easily forget...)

After many tears (I was suprised there were so many in there must be the hormones) we were still lost for something that felt "right", DH wants to plant something but we didn't know what and where to plant it , as I didn't want it to be lonely in the garden or for its leaves to fall off!! ( yes crazy I know)

So any ideas of what you ladies did to remember the day would be very helpful.

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:32pm
I think planting something is a nice idea as well, perhaps you could ask someone at the garden centre if there is anything that flowers at that time of year (and that doesn't lose its leaves). If you don't want it to be lonely in the garden perhaps you could get a house plant. Also if you ever move it is something that you can take with you.

my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:42pm
You can get rememberance roses. my friend has one for her we boy that died and gave me one when i lost the twins. we both have them in big pots so we can take them with us if we move house.
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 1:50pm
I moped around the house and didn't do anything in particular on our angel's due date last year coz I was busy being morbid about losing the gremlins, this year I didn't even remember until a friend texted me to say she was thinking of me and then I felt horribly guilty for not remembering

For me New Years is harder than my EDD I think coz of all the celebrations, when all I can remember is lying in bed in the dark listening to the bass on the speakers from the party next door and sobbing my heart out coz I knew my baby had died. I had the d and c on the 2nd Jan.

We still haven't buried baby, still haven't quite got there, but one day we will.

Something I'm going to do when we do finally bury her is release a single pink balloon, kind of like setting her spirit free.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 2:53pm
I didn't plant anything either mostly because we live in a rented house but it would have been a good idea to get a house plant I guess...on the day I was 15 weeks pregnant with this one and as PP said I was moping around just feeling really crappy.. :( and DH wasn't happy and it was just awful...a hard day to get through:( I just said a little prayer (and I'm not hugely religious) and asked my Gran who had recently died to look after her ..(I'm convinced she was a girl as I just knew from the beginning she was the opposite to the one I have now which is a boy..)
Mum to two amazing boys!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 4:23pm
Our due date is fast approaching. I have taken the days off around it, and am planning on getting my tattoo. Mike is planning to get his at the same time, he has found 3 cute geckos that he is getting on his arm, from small to large, and different colours.

We still have the "baby" and were going to bury her in a neat pot beneath some lillies.. however now feel that would be weird "putting it outside", so to speak, sounds silly i guess, that and we would forever be worried some idiot would steal the pot. so we are looking for a nice lockable container/jewellery box/chest to put it in with our scan pic on it somewhere special in our house.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

KateW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 5:15pm
I don't know if anyones post this, to lazy to read. But when my sister died every year since the close family and I always by fresh rose and take the pettals and then in the afternoon we go to her favourite beach and 'set them free' in the tide.
~Our miracle IVF babies~

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 8:32pm
That's really nice Kate. Similar to the balloon idea I guess, which I pinched from Sands, they have one every year to acknowledge Baby Loss Awareness Day.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
 Post Reply Post Reply