FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA new decision...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new decision...
    Posted: 09 October 2007 at 10:52am

This is basically a cut-and-paste from the TTW thread , but I've made a decision and wondered if any of you ladies had gotten sick of the whole ttc issue!! My AF was late (AGAIN) and I've noticed I've started getting a little anxious about when we BD etc, so wrote this on the TTW thread just now:

AAARGH!! Stupid AF turned up late last night   Can't believe it- really felt pg this time!! But she was late so who knows what was going on?!

Think I'm going to stop ttc for the next few months- it's been an exhausting and stressful last 6 months or so, with a major lifestyle change (moving to p/t work from well paid fulltime so I can return to study, plus moving into new house with DP). I think I need to 'healthy myself up' a bit before starting the ttc journey again. Relax a little and lose a little weight etc. I just don't belive the anxiety is helping me ttc, so perhaps a wee rest till Xmas will?!

Have any of you ladies ever had a break from ttc and then gone back to it with good results?

Edited by Emmecat

Sponsored Links

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 10:56am
I am currently on a TTC break. Haven't gotten back on the horse yet.. Enjoy your time taking a break. It can get soooo stressfull TTC which is the last thing in the world that we need!!!!!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
honeybun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:34am
We just took the last two months off after two yrs ttc, 7 cycles of clomid and 1 IUI all that didn't work. It felt so good to not be on that rollercoaster. Anyway back into it now but I am feeling a lot less stressed about it all. We are trying again this month although have been taking vitex for the last four months but I think that has mucked up my cycles as I am ovulating too late so have stopped that now and will see what happens. Good luck to you and I think if you have been trying for a while it is really nice to take a break. All the best.
Helen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:15pm
We haven't been TTC for that long at all but I find it so stressful and emotional. It also feel like everything is on hold while TTC because if we are sucessful I will continue to be a stay at home mum but if it doesn't happen I will start introducing Miya into daycare so I can look at working put time and/or study. We are going to give up at the end of the year and just be grateful we are lucky enough to have two beautiful little girls.

However putting a time limit on things is probably adding to the stress a bit.

Chloe 12/7/03
Miya 5/11/05
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:36pm

That is exactly what I am doing!

I got very tired of trying to coordinate BDing, it can get you really really down.  The next few months are very busy for my DH and I, so we are looking at early next year to start trying again.  By then I hope I would have lost a few kg and had a fabulous carefree summer!

It is important to me to have conceived before my 30th Birthday next December.

All the Best :-)

PS This is my third edit please excuse my bad typing today!

Edited by sunny
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 4:10pm

Hi Sunny- that sounds like exactly what I am wanting to do as well!  I've got loads more study planned already, as well as big family changes happening in our house (we're taking guardianship of a relatives 4 year old boy- so I'll be an instant Mum anyway!)!  TTC our own baby might just be pushing it a little I think.  We haven't been ttc for long at all, but already I can feel myself getting a bit anxious about fitting it all in, so am listening to my intincts and slowing down totally. If it happens, it happens, but I shall be taking active steps to prevent getting pg for the rest of this year anyway!

Thanks to everyone who replied, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels a bit torn!

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:55am
I understand, as would most who have been through TTC, exactly what you're saying. Why not just forget about temping and charting and counting days etc etc etc etc to infinity ( ) and just see what happens? The other thing I started doing was 'happy credits' - doing things for myself and making the most of the extra time I had to look after me, and enjoy my time with DH. When AF arrives, do something you love to 'distract' yourself as such and give you a positive focus (eg. hair cut, manucure ... buy a new top or something!), or in the lead up to AF so that you're feeling good. Give yourself little treats every day - a hot chocolate, a bicky, ignoring the dishes

Seriously, it does help.

Congratulations on the new edition to your family BTW
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
cookie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 1:24pm
ATM i am ttc #4 and man its hard, i am not used to having to keep track etc, and it is so hard and stressful, i am sick of getting my hopes up and getting shot down again. wilh my other 3 they just happened haha so maybe if i stop and not think about it then i will fall preg.
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 2:58pm

Hi ladies

Thanks so much for all your feedback and Ginger- thank you for welcoming our new addition to the family! Taking on this little boy is very special to us both, he's a great kid and needs a home so we're really excited.

Since I last posted and resolved to stop ttc for a while, DP has been talking about baby names he likes and clucking over babies when we see them.....  if that's not Murphy's LAw, I don't know what is! LOL. I'm still going to stay with my initial decision though and not worry when we BD or not.... just leave it up to Mother Nature for the next few months and keep living my life, rather than trying to plan around 'what if's!

It's so nice to have such a supportive place to come to still though

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 4:09pm
Hi Emmecat, I wonder if your DH now feels under less stress/pressure to conceive and that's why he's toying with names now?

Congrations and wow for taking on guardianship of the 4yo. I hope it goes really well
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 4:22pm

HI Busymum. I think you might be right about the less pressure thing...for both of us!! DP started a really full on discussion last night about marriage too and how he wants to marry me etc....so prehaps that was part of it as well!  He didn't propose but I think he might... I'm not bothered about that either way but it would be lovely of course!    I have just relaxed so much, even in the last week or so and think it's already begining to rub off on DP. So whilst I shall stick with my decision above to stop actively ttc, if it happens anyway I think we'll both be thrilled. It's going to be busy anyway with our new addition soon, exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time!

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 6:52pm
Hehe we set our wedding date in March and DH finally proposed to me on 2 July! (2003 though)
 Post Reply Post Reply