FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPork steaks for braising!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pork steaks for braising!?!?!?
    Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:50am
Never send a man to do a woman's job! DH went shopping on his own last weekend and decided to buy really cheap cuts of meat rather than "normal" stuff.

So now we have a $4.50 packet of 3 pork steaks for "casserole and braising"

What the hey do I do with these? Other than throw them in the bin and get proper pork steaks
Sponsored Links

Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:54am

Cook them in the crock pot with diced onions, cubed potatoes, and a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup? I did this a couple of weeks ago when I accidentally grabbed the wrong packet of beef and it turned out delicious. An idea, anyway! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:24pm
Sounds yummy! But I don't have a crockpot

I sold it on Trade Me just after Caitlin was born to fund my Pumpkin Patch addiction

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:24pm
Hey just noticed - we have the exact same ticker! Great minds aye?
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:41pm
You could try chucking them in a casserole dish with a tin of apricots in juice & a packet of onion soup & cook in oven for an hour or so. I've done that before with chicken & it's yummy! I think it would work with pork too...
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:43pm
Or chuck them in the oven with a tin of tomato soup and a tin of pineapple chunks and juice, and a diced onion!

I do this with cubed casserole meat (either beef or pork) but there's no reason it wouldn't work with chops as well!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
 Post Reply Post Reply