FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedECV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2008 at 1:52pm
bump

Sponsored Links

LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 8:35pm
Bobbie your gona so think that im the blondest..............I was reading the first page of this as i saw your name and thought oh your just preg wonder what your talking about etc cos i didnt know what ECV was and i was sooooooo confused why someone who was only 4 weeks preg would know which way the baby was up etc..........

LOL

Sorry just had to jump in to say that

Oh I have had two Csections, One emergency, second i waited and had one at 11 days over and this one will be a proper planned early one.....
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2009 at 11:38am
bump....

kitechick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 1:10pm
Hi guys

Just to update:

Have my ECV (I was 37 weeks) on Monday and it was successful - baby is now head down and engaged! The procedure was really quick (a couple of minutes max) and relatively painless. I understand that I also had a lot going for me in that a) baby was in a good position head and feet wise to be able to be turned; b) baby was average size c) lots of amniotic fluid d) cord was in a good position and wasnt likely to get in the way.

Afterwards I felt light headed for most of the afternoon and had a session with my acupuncturist which really helped.

So for me the ECV was a great (after having tried everything else) and I really didnt want to have an elective c-section. So fingers crossed for a "normal" labour and birth now!

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 2:03pm
thats great to hear!

Chickaboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickaboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 8:48pm
yay glad it worked for you - i wonder what a baby flipping that far on inside you would feel like - must of felt weird

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2010 at 10:18am
so i know it is really unlikely that baby wont turn for me in time but like to know whats what anyway, im avoiding c-section as i cant stay in hosp so rather large prob. lol. but for those who had elective c-sections in the end cos baby couldnt be turned, how many weeks were you when they were done?

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 8:42am
mine was done at 39+1wks.....i'm sure most electives are around the 39wk mark

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2010 at 4:01pm
bugger, i thought that might be the case. hopefully they'll let me do it at 40 if baby doesnt spin. statistically i shoudlnt really worry but its still worth knowing. lol

Vicky1971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:09am
I had an ECV done just before 38 weeks and it was succesful. Not the most fun day out, but not as bad as people made out and I'm glad I did it.

I had some people who tried to talk me out of it, but the alternative was a c-section as was a footling breach so no chance of birthing naturally.

I went into labour two days later and had baby at home (as we had planned). So a great result.
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 7:14pm
had an ECV today.... didnt work and have a CS booked in. he has one foot partially engaged, one foot sticking out, and his butt is resting on his almost engaged foot.... so no way im going to try deliver naturally, unless he turns himself.... but im 37+5 and he has been breech since 19 weeks.... so FXd, but i wont be getting my hopes too high...
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:45am
Feeling better for reading this.
Found out yesterday that baby is transverse breech (after being full breech 3 weeks ago).

I really don't want a c-section (due to my own stupid fears).
But reading the posts of those that had them (lulu's in particular) I feel a lot better about it.

I'm seeing my MW again in a fortnight (I'll be 34w+5d) so if he's still breech I'll be off for a scan and to talk about an ECV (which scared the jeepers out of me!).

Nice to see it's worked for some, and those that it didn't work for had a good c-section experience

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 12:58pm
mamapickle you will find it easer to have the ECV after having had a child - thats what i got told anyway... a bit more room to spare!

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 1:19pm
Yeah I got told the same thing as Bizzy, though thankfully I never needed an ECV as Caleb turned himself at around 35 weeks - phew!
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 1:42pm
Thanks Bizzy and mummydee
Great to know!

The reading I've done suggests that second and subsequent babies are more likely to go transverse (and turn easier) due to being previously stretched out.

queenbean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 7:15pm
I was booked in for an ECV too, luckily Cooper turned himself at 38 weeks, phew!

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 2:44pm
Gosh, 38 weeks! Just in the nick of time, eh?

Baby boy has turned by himself (at 35w)

Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 11:04am
I'm booked in for ECV on Friday at 37 weeks. I'm a bit nervous about it because I really don't want a C-Section. I've read the hospital policy on ECV so know what to expect, but also know that there are a few factors that will make it trickier so fingers crossed!
www.makedomum.blogspot.co.nz
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 4:53pm
Let us know how it goes Bobchannz?

If this little one hasn't turned by 37 weeks I'll be heading in for one too.

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Bobchannz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobchannz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 9:24pm
I didn't make my ECV - my waters broke 36 hours before the procedure so I ended up with an emergency c-section!
www.makedomum.blogspot.co.nz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>