FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNight nappy issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Night nappy issues
    Posted: 02 November 2007 at 8:21pm
Have resorted to putting Han to bed in disposables as she keeps waking up very wet in the mornings...

* All the large size nappies (except her large FB) are on the outer most setting so I am thinking they leak cos they are a bit small.
* We have a size 2 snazzi fitted, but only get 3 hours out of it during the day - boosted with a fleece topped booster and using a bummis cover.
* Have tried lots of insert combos and the new HC inserts, but nothing is working every night. Plus once you stuff too much in there it leaks from overstuffing, although the nappies with roll out legs (HH and tweedle) seem to be a bit better for this.

So what I'm thinking is getting a fitted, but am worried about it not lasting long enough like her snazzi one, and them not fitting (her snazzi is only just doing up). So what do you recommend for fitteds at night? How much would I need to boost it? And covers - PUL or wool? Is wool too hot over summer? Was thinking I might need to get one of the WAHMs to sew up an XL nappy with Hans thigh measurements - any suggestions?

Thanks
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 8:29pm
We have just trialled a couple of fitteds and they don't seem to work for my mega wetter over night..

Roll out fleece definitely better than stitched down when you have an overstuffed nappy.. the only thing that actually works for Daniel is using tons of hemp.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 8:47pm
the most abosrbent fitted i have is a designer bums... they are hemp and hand dyed and fab. it has the booster with it already. They are quite pricey but well worth it i reckon.

this is from the TM auction on them:

each nappy comes with a snap in booster and in total your getting 5 layers of thristy hemp fleece and 3 layers of fast absorbing micrco-fibre.

As far as i know she doesnt have a website yet but sells on TM as skytower and has a large on their at the mo.

IMO wool covers are great, very breathable and apparently they can hold up to 10 times thier weight in liquid before leaking...

or else joel eze sells some great pocket fitteds - i recommended them to jess tho and she didnt have as much luck as i did with them...
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 8:49pm
Ta, will have at look at them. Was just looking at the fancypants night nappy - have you tried those?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 9:24pm
i havent no... they seem quite similar to the night nap naps but with a frilly leg.
I personaly tho dont like velcro for night nappies, they seem a bit stiff to me. i have enough trouble keeping toby in nappies with snaps!

Edited by GandT
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 9:35pm
Yeah and the reviews were good too. Someone is selling one (a Fancy Pants) on the trading post so will try that one if she still has it. If I can find a second hand designer bums would like to try one of them too - but too expensive for me brand new at the moment. Her merino covers look nice too...
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 9:36pm
OK that was weird - you must have been editing your post after I read it, but then it changed once I had posted!! And yeah, I prefer snaps, but figure it should be ok overnight with pjs on.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 10:03pm
yeah sorry i was editing... i was reading the reviews myself too... you might be hard pressed to get a second hand designer bums, i dont see them very often.

have you thought about just putting a cover over the leaky nappies, she might just be drinking or peeing more in the night. funky bumz do some great fleece pull up covers that i love just as much as my wool covers.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 10:14pm
Ooooh, had forgotten about fleece... I like the idea of pull up covers too. Just got a pm back about the fancy pants and she still has it - will see how we go. Thanks for all your help Deb
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2007 at 4:48pm
The wool covers are great... I think I probably already raved about them when you were here but that's what I used over top of Hannah's overstuffed fuzzi and it was the only thing that stopped her waking up absolutely soaked. I'd send it to you but I just offered it to Becks. (Oops, and I need to get it in the post to her - sorry Becks!!)
 Post Reply Post Reply