FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOk so i have decided

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok so i have decided
    Posted: 10 November 2007 at 10:28pm
That for my next baby I am going to use mcn's I like my flat's and over Naps' but the reality is they are just not absorbant enough. Here is the thing money is tight so I want o know what is the best but, cheapest MCN. Are the peapod's ok? or would I be wasting my time. And can I use the flat's as insert's too sometime's. Does any of the compay's have a way of being able to pay their product off or maybe a layby system.    
Deborah Mum to:

Sponsored Links

jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 6:54am
We use peapods and find them good but I've never used anything else. Baby Factory often have specials (2 for $35 or 3 for $50).
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 8:03am
We found that peapods were rubbish. Yet others find them good. I didn't find the PUL in them was actually totally waterproof so they leaked all every time.

Yes you can use your flats for inserts!

You could always buy 2nd hand nappies on TM
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 8:08am
I'm not sure if they stil do - but fuzis/honey child had a system where you bought you nappies and paid 1/3 immediately - then one month later paid 1/3 and two months later the rest - you got sent the nappies immediately. it worked out well for us and the money we were saving not buying disposables got put into the MCN fund.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 10:07am
Yep we still do the Ezipay system (pay 1/3 now & get your nappies, 1/3 in a month, 1/3 month after that), there is a 5% processing fee though, but it is our most popular payment option

If money is tight though I would recommend getting 2nd hand good quality nappies off TM. That way you're getting a good performing nappy at the price of a cheapie. Smalls are always good to get 2nd hand as they have probably only been used for 6mths and are still in excellent condition (depending on the brand of course). I wouldn't waste my money on buying cheap mcns unless you can be sure of their quality. I've had heaps of people buy HCs and FBs that had originally bought Peapods, and I've heard more bad things than good on here about them.

Also, think about re-sale value as well. I've had customers who bought their smalls from me and when they were finished with them they sold them on TM and made some of their money back to put that towards the next size up
2nd hand Fuzzis sell on TM for approx $20, new they are just over $30 (when bought in the packs).
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 10:21am
There is a guy on trade me selling one size fits all that are IDENTICAL to bumgenius, except dont have the laundry tabs.. i highly recommend those as they last kylah all night with the bumgenius insert.. and they will last to toddler.. if you want his username let me know.. he does pack of 12 i think for $180.. might be 10.. but he seels them individually for $15
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 11:55am

I had no issues with Peapods. I only had 3 but I had to put a flat in it as well as the insert it came with to last longer. And the best thing with the peapod inserts is that they are great night time inserts.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 12:27pm
Yeah, I bought a couple of those Kandice...they are GREAT and the inserts are sooooooo absorbent, I'm thinking of buying some more.

Also, there are lots of mum's who list on TradeMe selling unknown brands, but are likely just as good any anything else, and they are usually cheap. Tweedles are quite cheap especially when they're having a sale

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 12:42pm
Yeah i think they are great too, its a pity he only has white. But i cant tell the difference in quality between them and bumgenius
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 12:45pm
Prefolds and covers?
Gracielou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracielou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 1:08pm
I saw on the Mothers Instinct website insert socks, basically a microfleece envelope that you could put inserts into and use that inside a cover. I think they were about $5.50 each?

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 12:14pm
i've used peapods before and love them. the inserts aren't great by themselves, i used prefolds and baby harmony inserts and saved the peapod ones for overnight. in my opinion, i prefer them over fuzzi's.

i also love baby harmony naps and have just bought a few tweedles from the sale

mummy_dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 12:32pm
I'm only a recent convert to MCN's and have only been using Pea Pods and prefolds (Ecobots), so can't make comparisons to other brands. I find Pea Pods are good and convenient particularly for Ollie's carer, though need a little extra padding as they can leak through the PUL outer if he wets alot (or if he doesn't get changed soon enough! ).

Just started using prefolds this weekend and find them really good and much cheaper!

Must admit that we still use a disposable at night, just cause I'm still trying to figure out the absorbency and I can't bear to face extra washing (1 load a day is enough for me!).
Daphne

Married Stuart: 19/03/05
Oliver: 9/06/06
Lilia due: 19/03/08

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:42pm
i've also recently discovered drybees nappies and am loving them! they are velcro.

i think most places do layby systems, maybe totally wrong though. maybe contact a few places and ask

Post Reply Post Reply