FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2007 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 313>
Author
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:49pm
Sounds like you guys are doing really well

Such beautiful babies!!! Well done guys
A very lucky mummy to two gorgeous boys:
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
Sponsored Links

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 1:59pm

Thanks Nikki!

Hey Bel, let me know how you get on with the cloth nappies. What kind are you using?

I'm using size small prefolds and wraps, but the wraps are pretty big on her. She poos on the wraps a lot, so I haven't got enough wraps, and need to buy some more of something - so i'm keen to hear feedback on what fits these small babes.

Nicolaann I love the bubblebubs - they are unbelievably cute! might have to go and check out the sizing...
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:17pm
DJ, what sort of prefolds are you using? I'm using the Ecobots and I'm finding them really good
RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 10:17am
hi guys,
congrats nicolann and porcelina and everyone else too.
were finally on the other side.
i forgot to pay internet bill so am finally online again.
willow is doing great, shes put on 500 grams since her birth so is great.
must update ticker and post some pics.
glasd to hear that everyone is doing well
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 11:15am

Hey razz good to hear you are back online and willow is doing well.

Nikki I'm using the snazzipants prefolds and they are pretty good. How are you washing yours? I've been soaking mine in napisan and then adding them to the daily wash. Today I didn't have enough other stuff to do a wash, so I just rinsed and spun them out (as per the instructions on the napisan) but they still had poo stains. By that time I had enough other stuff for a wash, so I chucked them in the machine again (with ecostore pwdr) and they came out fine.

Anyssa has discovered new levels of screaming now, and that with her not sleeping is proving to be quite a challenge. She is in the sling with me now (and a dummy) and has finally shut the hell up and is snoozing. I know if I transfer her to her bed she'll be awake in 15mins max. Sigh....

i hope you guys are doing better than me...
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 11:25am
Oh Deb I hope Anyssa settles for you!

We have had 2 really good nights with Sophie. She is now sleeping for 5 hrs at a time, and only waking once during the night. Ahhhh relief!! I am still shattered from a week with no sleep, but I'll catch up eventually.

My body is feeling really good, but sure lets me know when I have done too much. My only problem now is my boobs!! I have one very sore red boob. Have contacted my midwife and she is going to come around in about an hour. Im so so worried about getting another breast infection. Im sure this is the start of one. I have done everything I can think of to relieve it, but nothing is helping. Heat, massage, hot shower, expressing... nothing helps. I think this may be the end of breast feeding for me!

I have real nappies prefold and wraps. They are size small, and too big for Sophie yet. But I didn't see the point in buying newborn size! Another couple of weeks and she should fit them. My bubblebubs is a size small, and too big aswell. But they really are the cutest!! (If only they weren't so bloomin expensive I would buy lots more!!)

Good to hear from you Razz!!

Well I can hear Alex moaning, so I better go and see what the problem is.

Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 11:44am
Glad to hear that Sophie is sleeping well nicolaann. I am only just starting to feel normal now, it has taken all this time to catch up on sleep (or get used to not having it). I am feeling stronger every day - tho still sore down below...

Luke is sleeping now, so have been trying to get through a little bit of housework. He managed to dirty 3 sets of clothes from 5am to 9am this morning, so the washing machine is on... also managed to get it on our sheets, so still a few loads to go...

We are off to a baby massage class tomorrow in Whangarei - that should be an experience - it will be the first time I have taken him anywhere alone, so hope he is good... fingers crossed!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:17pm
Well I do indeed have a breast infection. Have now got antibiotics and voltarin to take. My midwife is worried it may already be an absess, so will come again tomorrow, and if its no better she thinks I will need iv antibiotics. Am really hoping that it gets better today!! So annoyed that I have another breast infection. Did everything I could to prevent it. I guess I am going to be prone to getting them.

Sophie has managed to poo on our sheets twice, and on our duvet cover Bel. Lucky we have had such good weather and been able to get lots of washing dry on the line. She puked all over our bed this morning too. The joys of new babies aye!!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:32pm

Bad news about the breast inf Nicolann. The last thing anyone needs with a newborn is to be sick as well.
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:47pm
Poor you nicolaann, breast infections suck big time (already had mastitis as a teenager, don't want it again!). Am finding my right breast is getting a little lumpy but am massaging them and making sure Ruby gets the lumps out.

I am getting a little annoyed in the past few days at the lack of time to eat with DH at work, I end up absolutely starving. Ruby has had some upset tummies and have just had to let her cry a couple of times as there's nothing I can do (which makes me want to cry too!). Last night she was awake for hours feeding off and on and this morning too (though she slept the longest she's slept - 6 hours in one go, yaaay! Daddy heard her cry on the monitor after that but Mummy was dead to the world). She had a spill on me after my shower when the guy was here to assess how much packing needs to be done to move, then a bit later on a big spew (luckily I caught most in a cloth nappy and only a bit got on the throw on the couch). Poor mite. I do wish DH was here sometimes and am still disappointed he had to go back to work after just over a week after she was born but oh well.

Isn't it funny, our lives are all pee and poo and spew now
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:52pm
Sorry to hear about the breast infection Nicolaann - are you going to continue with the BFing?

Haha the other night, Luke managed to puke all over me, himself and all our clothes - I had to shower with him (first time, normally DH does it).
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by porcelina porcelina wrote:

Isn't it funny, our lives are all pee and poo and spew now

That sums it up completely!!
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
NikkiB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 2:36pm
DJ, I hope Anyssa starts to settle for you.

I always soak the nappies in Ecostore whitening and then wash them with the rest of Rex's clothes/towels etc in Ecostore laundry powder. Sometimes I find there are still some poo stains on some nappies, so they go back into the bucket of whitening to soak again.

Nicolaann, I hope the antibiotics work for you.

RB 3/10/2008
JB 29/12/2009
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2007 at 3:04pm
DH bought the Oxyaction Max Napisan, it's brilliant for getting poo stains out, we just have a bucket with Napisan dissolved in it sitting in the bathroom that everything with pee/poo/spew gets thrown into and by the time I get around to washing anything it's stain-free. Only thing she has with poo stains on it is her Safe-T-Sleep because I wanted to wash it as fast as I could so it could go back on her cot. It has one green stain and one yellow one hehe the chronology of poo!!
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 10:33am
WOW Pocelina, 2 weeks has gone soooo fast!!

My breast is still sore and red, so I'm not sure what my midwife will do when I see her today. I thought it was a little bit better this morning, but now I'm not so sure.

I always find Sophie wakes up and wants to be fed just as I am about to eat Porce. I think I spend half the day starving!! (And now I have to take antibiotics on an empty tummy with no eating for 2 hours before, and 1 hour after, and take the voltarin with food) SO CONFUSSING!!

I'm really not sure if I am going to continue Bfedding Bel. I want to as I would like her to have breast milk. But then I think well if I am going to end up on antibiotics all the time its no good for her anyway. MW did say the antibiotics may upset het tummy. I will wait and see if this infection clears up and then decide I think.

DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 10:59am

I hope that infection clears up soon Nic.

Anyssa was much better from yesterday afternoon. I put her down on the couch after a feed at lunchtime, and thought she might snooze for a few minutes and give me a chance to get some lunch, and she slept for 3.5hours (on the couch) Thank god!

She was a different baby after that - all happy when Dad got home from work, and nice and chilled out all evening. She is even asleep in her bed now. (sigh of relief..)

I just added up how much she slept on Sun and Mon and it was 11 and 10.5 hours respectively over those 24 hour periods. That is just ridiculous! I'm wondering if the heat was too much for her?

How did the baby massage class go Bel?
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 11:03am

Evidence of happier baby...

porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 12:04pm
DJ, I think that 1 week for milia to disappear must be crap Ruby still has milia on her nose and under her eyes. Big lumpy ones on her nose! But that's ok cos our babies are still cute

We are having a better day today, I can actually reply to emails for once. In the mornings she squawks if I put her down and wants to feed lots, I guess she is making up for her sleeps at night. She gets away with only feeding on one side at the middle of the night feed at around 4-5:30 sometime, I turn the kitchen light on and feed her in the lounge so she's in dimmed light so she's not awake for too long. She has been a little naughty in the evenings lately, often awake with bugger all naps just wanting to feed from about 4 or 5 til 11 at night.

She is currently down for her lunchtime til 4 or 5pm sleep with a wet nappy on I might wait til she's in a deep sleep and try and change it or put a folded up cloth nappy underneath in case she does a major pee hehe!

I am feeling a little selfish for thinking I have no me time, I do house stuff mainly in her day sleep and managed to put some glitter on some xmas baubles (am going to personalise them and give them to our friends before we leave Nelson) yesterday but haven't been able to do anything else other than feed her or try and stay on top of washing etc. I feel bad for wanting to just blob and knit or whatever because I'm a mummy now and I've always wanted a baby and we waited so long for her
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 12:25pm
Just putting up a few photos of Megan and mum and dad of course :)

razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 12:53pm
hope your infection heals up soon Nic. I had the start of it too when my milk came in, can get awfully painful. Luckily a good express and cabbage leaves did the trick for me.
as for the milk spots willow has just got them now, was thinking oh she has such lovely smooth skin then bang heaps and heaps of spots. i spoke too soon.
luckily she is sleeping now (hate to tempt fate) but she has an awful last two days, hardly any sleep and doesnt want to be put down at all. wants to be held the whole time, makes it a bit harder trying to deal with my other two kids. midwfe said its her stomach changes (around 3 weeks) that make her so uncomfortable so hopefully she starts feeling better soon.
some sleep might be nice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 313>