FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNovember 2007 Mummies!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 313>
Author
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 6:57pm

Hey all

Hope everyone had a good weekend. The fantastic weather continues! It is so nice to have this much sun!

Anyssa has been fabulous this weekend - slept a lot, and performed well for all her visitors. I'm still knackered though!

Hope you managed to get your lazy afternoon Nic.
Sponsored Links

razzmatazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 8:19pm
im sooooo jealous Nic, willow has slept about 3 hours in total (since 9am) today, ive got her strapped on in the front pack as i type. hopefully she will finally sleep. she so grumpy and its because shes so overtired now.
argh. lani and raz are fast asleep i wish willow would follow suite.
oh well hopefully she will sleep really well tonight.

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 11:36am
Oh I hope Willow slept really well last night Raz!

I had a reasonably relaxing afternoon, and hubby was great and fed Sophie last night, so I got a pretty decent sleep.

Sophie is fast asleep now, and Alex is busy playing with his new blocks, so mummy is going to do some shopping on the pumpkin patch website!!
Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 11:41am
We are having a relaxing day today, after a little bot of unsettled time this morning, Luke went back to bed at 8 and slept for an hour and then back at 9.30 and still asleep...

He has managed to get thrush on his tongue, so off to pharmacy to get some oral treatment to fix it - think it is starting to get to him, so hopefully this will help. His eyes are still gunky too - so poor boy will be drugged to the eyeballs (hehe)

Going to try the massage things on him today, massage class last week was great, highly recommend baby masage to everyone, he was so relaxed and chilled out! They reckon it is better the younger they start, even the other babies were 12 weeks and were too aware and not as relaxed - tutor said it takes longer for them to get into rhythm now, younger ones relax faster
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 3:25pm
I want to see a pic of Willow in the bucket!!!

I don't know how the heck I am going to drive Nelson to Hamilton, we will probably be on the first ferry so will need to leave Nelson at 4am next Tuesday Don't know how to get sleep before then either, hopefully cleaning the flat won't take long and I can have some sleep without needing to feed Ruby. Will have to try and feed Ruby with enough time to leave so I don't have her wailing all the way to Picton, timing is going to be really hard. At least she likes the car, she pooped herself at the osteopath today and then went to sleep in the car back home and stayed asleep long enough for me to get some food.

It would be nice to have DH feeding Ruby sometimes, I have those Closer to Nature bottles and teats that are supposed to be good (I don't even really know if there is such a thing as nipple confusion, perhaps its a myth, who knows) but I'm not sure I want to use bottles at any stage yet while Ruby and I are getting to know each other still.

I have some infant massage oil but I haven't used it yet, guess I should get onto that then! When should you massage them?

We are having a farewell BBQ Friday night at a friend's house, I won some Stark vodka RTDs when I was pregnant so I am going to put one in the fridge (Feijoa flavour, sounds nice) and slowly sip it at the BBQ, if anything Ruby will sleep well that night hehe! I am sure one will be okay, be nice to be able to try them.

Edited by porcelina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:09am

Ok i have finally managed to put some pics on.
here is willow in her bath:)
off to get kids ready for school now, hope everyone had a good night.
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:43am
he he thats sooo cute Razz!!
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 10:48am
Hehe I love it!

I cried reading this about the baby that died after being sent home 5 hours after an induced birth
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4310762a11.html

Ruby was up for 2 hours last night Barely woke up for her last feed, didn't even drain one side properly, hopefully she stays asleep as the moving guy is coming at 11 for me to sign some forms ... then I have an exit interview at work at 2 (and need to bank a cheque and go to post office to fill out a redirection form). I hope she manages to sleep at the interview and I can nip into my office to get the last of my stuff (the other stuff might have to wait though I know you need to give NZ Post some notice, I hope I can with enough time).

Poor Ruby was put to bed last night with a clean nappy and no milk left at all in mummy (and that means she should of been bursting at the seams!) she wasn't happy at all. Have found she likes her back rubbed in circles though, helps her go to sleep.

She has a funny looking faint mark on her tummy now, faint purplish colour. I wonder if it's some sort of birth mark that's just noticable now, hopefully not (it does look like a very faint port wine stain but hopefully it's just something transient)
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 11:39am
Our cat is really good with Ruby, she checks her out when she is crying to make sure she is okay and seems to watch over her. The cat disappeared just before and Ruby's door was ajar (it's hard to close properly, if you do it makes a racket if you want to open it) so I was suspicious. I opened the door to find this cute scene:

I know the kitty wouldn't hurt her so I let her sleep there
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 12:56pm
Cute pics guys!

I've been out to a plunket group this morning! I was gatecrashing my friend's group, but it was a good test to see if I could make it out of the house at a specific time - much easier if you know you can bfeed when you get there!

There was a week old baby who had the same birthweight as Anyssa and she seemed like a giant next to him!

I found the horrible news about that baby dying upsetting too. We were home within 4 hours of Anyssa being born - but it was certainly our choice to leave. We were talking about it this morning and it sounds like staying in hospital wasn't much use for the women who did, and they didn't get any sleep either. It is hard to know what really happened in that case until we hear how the baby died.

susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 4:06pm
Cute photos of your bubbas
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:55pm
oh porcelina...cute photo but please watch the cat - they are known to smother bubbas seeking warmth from the babies....we have had to ban ours from upstairs where bubba sleeps....

BTW these bubbas sure are cute!
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 9:27pm
hi all... Megan is doing well her first week she gained 105grams and then 4 days later gained a massive 280grams so she is getting plenty of milk.

I have been managing to get about 5 hours solid sleep..Megan is feeding every 2-3 hours during the day.

and so far I have lost 14kgs went for a walk yesterday and today only 30 minutes but it was enough and it gets Megan and I out of the house.

Porcelina Ruby looks so tiny in the cot. :)

nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:10am
14 kgs!!! Well done!! I haven't weighed myself for a few days. I know I have lost a bit more because I finally put my wedding ring back on yesterday!! And a pair of pants I have been wearing kept falling down on Monday when I had them on... so thats a good sign. I might get out and go for a walk today. Will have to try out my buggy with the second seat on.

I am finding my days are so consumed by 'mummyness' at the moment. I feel like I am cleaning my house or kids, or feeding kids all day long. I get up and have a list of things to do every morning. Its takes me until atleast 10am to have the place sorted (ok so I do sneak in Ohbaby time too!!) I honestly couldn't imagine having more than 2 children!! Razz I don't know how you manage to get your kids ready for school on time!!

Porce Ruby looks so cute in her cot.

Ok, back to the house work........
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:11am
he he look at baby of the week Noah... what a cute grumpy face!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:58am
somedays ill admit it is a mission, but they are generally really good, they are old enough so we wrote a list of everything they need to do in mornings, get dressed, eat breakfast, get bags ready etc.
as for willow she just comes along for the ride.
she on a better feed schedule etc now, she had been snack feeding the last week and not getting enough hind milk, so not getting enough to fill her up and make her sleep, so she was awake, always hungry and overtired, but im only feeding her 2- 3 hourly now and she doing much better.
also we have started sleeping her in her bassinet now (rather than our bed) and that making things alot easier too. thabkfully she sleeps alot better now, still has grizzly time from about 5 - 10pm but then she does sleep a good 5 hours straight at night, so i cant complain.
im with you Nic, if im not dealing with willow, im trying to clean house etc. i have plenty of to do lists but funny enough not much ever gets done. oh well.
maybe today

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:01am
p.s awesome weight loss!! i havent weighed myself since i was about 36 weeks preg. dont really want to now either. ignorance is bliss
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 1:38pm
Well we have just been to MW and Luke is now 11pd6oz!! I knew he was a heffalump!
He is doing well, no thrush, just a white tongue, so thats cool too.

He's asleep now, should stay that way for a while
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 4:40pm
WOW Bel, Luke is obviously feeding well!! Its so sad how fast they grow. I was looking at Sophie last night and thinking how much bigger she looks already. I want her to stay my little girl forever!!! She is wearing her first 000 outfit today. Until now she has only worn NB size clothes. The 000 isn't even big on her

Sophie is vomiting once or twice a day after she feeds. She throws up nearly all of what she takes in. I'm not sure why. It started after I went on antibiotics, so thought it was that. I finished them yesterday, so hopefully it will stop. Ofcourse she is then hungry all over again because her tummy is empty, and so she feeds again.

Im sure she has a little radar that goes off when I either get into bed, or sit down to eat. Every time she wakes up!!
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 5:35pm

Oh Anyssa had that radar! Thankfully it is on the blink now!

I did the work visit thing today - it was actually quite nice and everyone said the right things (ie that Anyssa is gorgeous and that I am looking good!). She slept thru the whole thing.

I've just been out again this afternoon to pick my sister up from the airport. Anyssa is still asleep in her capsule. What are your thoughts on letting babes sleep in the capsule? Do you transfer them to their bed when you get home, or just leave them there despite the risk of airway blockage?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 313>