FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp! I don’t LIKE her!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! I don’t LIKE her!
    Posted: 23 November 2007 at 10:14am
Ugh, why is it that every few months my beautiful, happy, bubbly, independent wee princess turns into an evil, sulky, disagreeable grump more reminiscent of an angsty pre-teen than a four year old?

Yesterday I bought some lemonade for a treat coz it was hot (and coz I was secretly craving it). I poured her a glass. She sat in the lounge and screamed at me to bring it to her. I told her she could have it in the kitchen where me and the gremlins were having afternoon tea. She sat in the lounge and continued to scream until her DVD was finished, then appeared in the kitchen shrieking "naughty mummy, you didn't bring my lemonade" at the top of her voice. I told her to settle down, and that she could have her lemonade in the kitchen with us and she said...
"NAUGHTY MUMMY, I'M GOING TO HIT YOU!"

So I sent her to her room where the performance continued on for another 1/2 hour or so until she finally calmed down.

And that's just one example. She's just being generally feral and unco-operative, last night I asked her to pick up her pens off the floor before she went to bed and she said "whatever" in the cheeky, sarcastic way that teenagers do. Where is she getting this stuff?!

Is she the only feral four year old? I suspect she is just more than ready for school and her behaviour will settle when school starts but so help me God if I don't wring her neck before February!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 10:23am
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou Emma!!!!
As horrid as it is for you to deal with, it really makes me feel better to read that!
Ella is like Jekyll and Hyde at the moment. One minute she's a gorgeous, cooperative, helpful little darling and the next its like a switch has flipped and she's a hormonal drama queen screaming, hitting and crying at the drop of a hat.
I can't wait for kindy next year!
to you for putting up with it while sick and hormonal yourself though, you're such an awesome mum!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 11:15am
SNAP! my darling emma 3.5 is the same EEEEK! hopefully it will passs quickly cause its really starting to test my patience.
MelanieAndBree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelanieAndBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 11:23am
Ahh yes. My neice was like that too!! When i lived with her there were times where i would just tell her to get out of my room she was being such a cow! lol.

Sometimes when id pick her up from day care or she'd get home she wouldnt speak to me!! She would just have this look on her face like a sulky teenager and this is me doing nothing at all except as her how her day was! lol.

Melanie.
Mum to Briahna Robyn, 3yrs
gemsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 1:09pm
My happy little Cameron seems a bit hormonal at the moment too. He's four and a half. I got pulled aside at daycare yesterday for a 'wee chat about this attitude Cameron has at the moment'. He's chatting back to the teachers at preschool, hitting his sister and pushing me at home. Urghh, what happened to my sweet, loving little boy?
I'm with you Emma - i think Cam is ready for school and the next 6 months are going to be very loooooong!
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 3:41pm

Ladies it only gets worse!!! This is just the beginning BELIEVE ME!!!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 3:45pm

I have a hormonal pre teen who will either bite my head off, laugh or cry when I ask her something. Mercedes isnt safe either

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 3:49pm

Send her to ME when you send my chubbies

shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 6:51pm
Haha I agree with Kels they get worse!!!!!
Wait until you have a 11 and a 9 year old , such fun

But theres hope for those with boys supposedly they aren't as bad as girls.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 7:02pm

Damn straight Shaz. Our olders girls are the same age, my daughters B'day is 29/11/95. Isnt this age just divine......NOT!!!! The younger ones mimicing is just as bad

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 10:41am
As a Former Feral Four-Year-Old (actually, feral from about 18 months to 15 years - my poor mum!) I can honestly say they DO get better! My mum tells stories of how people would laugh when she said she wasn't sure I would survive to be 5 years old, and she was serious. I was a HORRIBLE child, but an ANGEL for everyone else. Mum couldn't figure out who they were talking about, cos HER daughter was a sh*t!!!

Hang in there, guys.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 11:17am

Cathrine you are giving them false hope. They still have the worse to come before it gets better and no one knows more about being a feral teenager than our very own Emma

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 11:46am
Sorry
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 11:55am

Originally posted by Cathrine Cathrine wrote:

Sorry

I didnt mean to come across like you had to apology Cathrine Ekkkk....

I really am just taking the mick out of us once feral teens now getting our just desserts! All our daughters will def give us a run for our money and yes we all look forward to the day we all make it out the otherside ....hopefully in one piece hehehe

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 2:41pm
When I found out Maya was a girl, my midwife said to me that girls are better babies than boys, but when they're teenagers the roles reverse and girls are awful. I live in fear!

Today she screamed for an hour and a half in her bedroom (I kid you not, Gandt heard her when we were on the phone) because I sent her to her room for pulling down the curtain in the lounge. Willie is not going to be impressed when he gets home coz he had to fix it the last time she pulled it down and it's a mission.

They're all yours Kels!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 6:41pm
Oh I have found boys 1million times easier than Nyah..she is a little b*tch!

I so understand what you are going thru at the moment Emma, Nyah was the same just before she started school..real attitude and she still thinks shes always right. Sorry to say she is still like it now...
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 8:28pm
So this is what I have to look forward to with 2 girls... I guess it still could pop out a boy and surprise us!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 8:47pm

Hehehe sure are Aimee hahaha

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 7:28pm
Well Aimee, when it gets really bad, think of me and it'll make you feel better - I have THREE girls!

Was at a birthday party with Miss Feral Four herself today and got talking to one of little friends mums and she reckons her wee cherub is pretty feral too, which was hard to believe considering how damned cute they all looked in their pink fairy dresses. But I am soooo not foooled!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:09pm
ummm Em can you say KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

i just wonder what you were like as a four year old...I bet your mum is wetting herself with glee that karma is biting back!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>