FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFoxybots nappies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxybots nappies
    Posted: 30 November 2007 at 4:39pm
As some of you may know, I've started my own line of funky nappies!! Yay!

My website is up and running.. linky

I'm mostly making novelty type nappies of lots of different types of minky and other fab fabrics but they are great at not leaking (they even stand up to my super pee'er) and I've got a one size range along with other necessities like wipes, breast pads and mumma pads (if you are that way inclined ). There is also a range of taggies.

Every nappy order receives an ecostore washing powder sample plus some discount coupons

And also, every order over $30 goes in the draw to win a very cool mystery prize (aimed at mummys) which will be draw on valentines day - this isn't advertised on the site yet but will be by the end of the weekend.

If you have any feedback I'd be very keen to hear it!

Edited by kebakat
Sponsored Links

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 4:41pm
oh just what i need!!!   **runs off to order**

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 4:44pm
how bizarre!! someone must've been asking about your nappies somewhere because i've been to your site before and had it under my favourites   maybe it was TNN?

oh well, the site looks great and i'm eyeing up a couple of pockets

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 5:15pm
hehe that's scary that it was already under your favs!
Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 5:30pm
haha I followed the link off your siggy around lunchtime. Looks cool - will start dropping Christmas hints

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 9:31pm
Hey Stacey, what do you use for the waterproof layer?

P.S. Forgot to say in this thread that they look fab. I hope to get one for my cousin's babe due mid next year.

Edited by nikkiwhyte
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 8:00am
It's a special sheeting material that I find works way better as a hidden layer than PUL does. It's more waterproof too.

Like before I decided to use it I did a test on my kitchen bench with a piece of it and a piece of PUL and put water on top, after 24 hrs my bench was still dry underneath but underneath the PUL it wasn't!

It's breatheable just like PUL. It's a little harder to work with but I don't care since it works better. And like I said above, stands up to my lil man, the super pee'er. I used one overnight last night out and his PJ's were dry this morning! Even though I didn't think they would work as a night time nappy (and I've said that on my site!) so I'm really stoked!

Edited by kebakat
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 8:08am
so whats this wonder stay dry stuff called?

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 8:27am
I don't know if it has a special name, it's just a sheeting fabric and on the invoice it I get for it it says the same thing. It's not pretty stuff so it only works as a hidden layer.

I'll be nosey on Monday with the supplier and ask if it has a better name
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 1:48pm

I use Stacey's nappy as a night time one for Josh, its the only one that he hasn't leaked out of. I love it. And the wipes so nice and soft. But i'm biased I helped make the nappies.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 2:19pm
hehe your cutting services were very valued but you haven't told me which nappy you want for those services!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 2:56pm
Are you going to add a link to OHBaby?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by fleury fleury wrote:

Are you going to add a link to OHBaby?

On my links page I'm guessing you mean? Yes I asked Emma for a ohbaby logo when she was doing my mums in business profile thingee but I may ask Angela instead since Emma is on leave.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 5:49pm

Yeah I know I need to choose one it just takes time, I think I know which one I want.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 5:56pm
Are you going to have blurb about yourself and being a SAHM?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 8:20pm
Yup, its on the to-do list lol.. that along with a photo gallery too (which is DH's project - well the project I've assigned to him)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 3:08pm

Photo Gallery - hmm I really need to get you that pic of Josh in his one then don't I???

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 3:32pm
hehe if you don't mind DH has made it i *think* but still has a lil tweeking to do to it.
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 3:32pm
Hi Stacey,

I am SERIOUSLY tempted to buy some. What inserts do you recommend using with them? Tom is a reasonably strong wetter IMO but he can get 6hours + in his bum genius with their standard insert and only 2hours with the honey child standard insert.

Generally with a microfibre one I expect to get 3hours out of it. But what abour for night time.

Also what sizing do you recommend for him. He is 3 months, starting to chub up but still quite skinny 6kgs. I was thinking med???

Thanks...I know I could ask you through your website but I thought this might answer some other prospective clients questions too....every bit of "advertising" helps.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 3:48pm
What inserts do you recommend using with them?

Any insert will work fine with them, I'm slowly converting over to microfibre/hemp trifolds, they last longer in every nappy that I have so its becoming my preferred option for my super peeing lil guy lol.

But what about for night time.

Well that is very dependent on the bubba. We use 1 microfibre insert and 2 microfibre/hemp trifolds plus 2 hemp boosters hehe. lots of inserts for my super pee'er but it does last him 12-13hrs. It all easily fits into the pocket as I've made sure it's got a good opening for stuffing lots of inserts if its needed.

I find the best way to keep a super pee'er dry at night is to use a combination of microfibre and hemp. Daniel is always dry in the morning though the inserts are really soaked

Also what sizing do you recommend for him. He is 3 months, starting to chub up but still quite skinny 6kgs. I was thinking med???

The top snaps are really easy to cross over, so I'd say a medium, if you can measure his tummy though I can give you a more definite answer. But mediums are a pretty safe bet, they will last him longer. Daniel has always had a lil tum and fat thighs and he fits mediums really well.

Hopefully that answers your questions, feel free to ask more though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>