FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNappy Woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappy Woes
    Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:25pm
The elastic in my waist of my FB broke today

The stitching is coming apart on one of my real nappies wraps (they are not using bummis anymore and making the wraps in china now, I only learnt this after they were delivered and I noticed the difference in quality straight away)

My ecobubs (my fav nappy)wool pocket, the green one, the wool is thinning and you can now see the waterproof liner underneath. This is happening with both the green ecobubs nappies that I have and not the other colours.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be my washing machine?

These nappies have only been in use for three months and were all new
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:48pm
If you want the elastic fixed in your FB, I can do that for you

I've heard of a couple of people saying that their ecobubs don't really stand up to washing that well so I don't think that its anything that you are doing. It's probably just the type of nappy.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 9:07pm
i would contact the makers and see what they can do - 3 months and they should still be okay...

what are you washing them in and how are you drying them?    

3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 7:45pm
I use either persil or ecostore.

I emailed ecobubs and they said that some of the green wool pockets have been made with a faulty fabric - they are replacing them with two other colours for free - I am really happy about that.

And stacey has kindly offered to repair my FB, so I am soooooo pleased - I think I will invest in some foxybots now though as still having leaking troubles at night.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by 3boys 3boys wrote:

And stacey has kindly offered to repair my FB, so I am soooooo pleased - I think I will invest in some foxybots now though as still having leaking troubles at night.

That's very nice of stacey BUT your nappy will still be under warranty if purchased from Honey Child. If so, we can send you a replacement nappy as it sounds like you've got one of those dreaded Mexican Fuzzis

If the nappy is tampered with (i.e. attempted to be fixed by someone other than FB) this will void your warranty.

Edited by Two Blondinis
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:00pm
yeah i was gonna say honey child should fix the nappy for you... and good on ecobubs for replacing the nappy too... and did you contact real nappies too?

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:25pm
How long is the warranty on the FB nappies? The elastic has gone in the waist of one of Sam's as well. Just debating on whether or not I should try and fix it myself

3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 11:11am
I was going to send it back to FB, but it was sent to as a sample for free as I had some contact with Charity through my work when I was prego.

It didn't seem fair to demand a replacement when I didn't pay for it

I still need to contact real nappies, will let you know what they say.

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 8:19pm
I'm sure if you contacted Charity and yet her know what happend she would be more than happy to replace your nappy.

If the nappy is faulty we are legally obliged to replace/repair.

Fuzzis and Honey Child nappies have a 12mth warranty as long as you bought it direct (i.e. not off an un-authorised person on Trade Me)
 Post Reply Post Reply