FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedangry mum, .... a commentary. (rant)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: angry mum, .... a commentary. (rant)
    Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:22pm
Take 1 semi-rainy/sunny morning, (the last day of daycare for the year,)
add a 2 year old waking at 6.30 am,
The promise of a hair appointment makes it not so bad coupled with the idea that i may get to palmy meet-up sans-children, however woke up with the flu,
cold tablet adminsitered, still not so bad,
feeling a bit better,
struggles with kids to get them dressed, (4yr old woke in a crapper of a mood)

breakfast for kids... ah peace

doing hair time....
Hang on a minute, WTF?! is that!?
"oh for god's sake! nits!!! f-word"

checks other smaller child's hair, finds them there too
"unmentionable angry words" mutter mutter

calls to daycare...to tell them what we found and that girls will miss last day (miss 4 devastated she doesn't get to say goodbye to friends that are starting school at start of next year and to teachers who are leaving)

calls to hairdresser to cancel appointment in case i too have them, (oh how embarassing would that be.. just to be safe).

the whole day wasted.... the last day me and mike had planned together for a while, gone.

Instead 1 hour wet-combing miss 2's hair to completely ensure removal of any last remainder of anything that is remotely not hair, including half a tonne of sand, some glitter and a couple of crawlies.

Then, get this, i finally found a reason that a) I found myself wishing i'd had boys so i could just shave their heads, and b) I found the reason why getting miss 4's hair cut might not be such a bad idea, and c) why i shall no longer be using the same brush for both girls hair

TWO AND A HALF HOURS!!!!! to wet comb through paris's hair cos it's so darn thick, comp,lete with periods of quiet, interspersed with periods of unbearable 4-yr old whinging and having to stay still (which she wasn't even doing may i add!)

ARGHARGHARGHARGHARGHARGH!!!!!

call to mum to come and *grovel grovel* please check my hair, nothing at all found, thank god, now angrier at having missed hair appointment - can't get another till after xmas!

To chemist to get something to put through kids hair to kill off anything that may have somehow slipped through the military-like precision of my wet-combing.

more hours spent treating/washing/ waiting/ shampooing, realisation that there will now be no hint of cold in my house for at least a year after the strength of the eucalyptus smell now emanating from each of our heads.

Shaved mikes hair in the meantime too - even though nothing in his he still feels like head crawling - he's now sporting #1 length.. am slowly getting used to it, S-l-o-w-l-y... ok, so he looks like a crim.

I turn around after this, at 6pm this evening (finally) to find kids have run riot throughout house while not in my sight, house is a mess, they are now feral and wanting food.

7.30 dinner finally over
8pm, kids beds remade from complete wash of all bedding (thank god for tiny rays of sunshine throughout the day)

ahhhh relax.

GGGGGRRRRR at whoever the hell sent their kids to daycare with nits to begin with. first time paris has EVER had them.. and Also first time Ayja has had them - never had this problem when she was in baby section!

Argh, and I am so careful, always checking cos i know it would be a nightmare for paris to get them... ha! predicitions proved 100% correct!

ARGH
rant over
end.

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:30pm
I hate nits, thankfully my girls haven't had them yet.... *holds breath* lol
Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:30pm
I think you need one of these...

and of course a wine (mummy_becks can back me up on this )
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:37pm
I would seriously consider this if i had not taken cold tablets.

We also found in the middle of all this, once ayja had been finished with she got into pantry and took advantage of not being fully supervised by eating a few mashmellows and a opening 2 days worth of chocolates from the chocolate callendar - which she proudly told us.. and well, it was only her own not any one elses, so no doubt the 21st and the 23rd will be fun mornings for us as she misses out while we have ours... I can hear the tantrums now.

Edited by mum2paris

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by rubydooby rubydooby wrote:

i'd drink the whole bottle after all of that!!!

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by jack_&_charli jack_&_charli wrote:

Originally posted by rubydooby rubydooby wrote:

i'd drink the whole bottle after all of that!!!

Very good point!!!
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 9:16pm
Arghhh!!! Yuk, yuk, YUK!

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:30pm
Omigoodness. I haven't EVER checked Han's hair as she won't let me anywhere near it to brush it... so I could totally be one of those parents letting their kiddos go to daycare with nitty things! eeeeek.

Now my head is itchy.

Checking kiddos hair tomorrow. Must get PVA out anyway, kill two birds with one stone.

P.S. Laughing my little ass off about the sand, glitter etc.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 10:30pm
P.P.S. Oh yeah, and the crim comment. hahahahahaha
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 11:01pm
I had always checked and checked Paris's hair and never found anything till today but man they were very hard to actually see hence the time taken to wet-comb cos there was no way i wanted to miss any.

But ayja - had never really thought to check hers, is always half up half down and just lifted the back lot of curls and there was 1....

i so know the ICK feeling, have treated myself as well just cos, and i still just feel crawly - i hate this.. when my little sis used to get them i'd never get them but always feel ick and crawly feeling. bleugh

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 10:17am

Haha at the crim look.

But yucky at the feeling of nits, makes me glad I have boys so they can just have their head shaved off (like Andrew is now sporting).

But if you feel like it we can drink a bottle of wine (or 2) together

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Kristi266551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristi266551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:00pm
[…] I am so happy to have my Ex Husband back, my broken marriage was restored by Email:Robinsonbuckler11 @gmail com ^__^^__^ […]
 Post Reply Post Reply