FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo how many of you got pregnant while on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So how many of you got pregnant while on
    Posted: 05 January 2008 at 8:25am
the mini pill?? It seems to happen a lot.
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 11:34am
Me!! Noriday = Ella
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 12:09pm
Oh no that's what I'm on. lol. I've heard about lots of people getting pregnant while on the mini pill. I'm worried that it will happen to me. We're very fertile in my family. lol. My boys 11 weeks old.
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 12:10pm
me! Mini pill and condoms, though mine ended in miscarriage.
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 12:13pm
I was on the 'normal' pill and ended up pregnant not once, but twice... Within a matter of months.

First pregnancy ended in M/C - So I asked if I could try a different pill... But they said to continue with what I was on... Nine months later, here I am - Ready and waiting for Little Miss's arrival.

So I'm steering clear of Levlen ED from now on... Bring on the Mirena!
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
baalamb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baalamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:58pm
Me. I was on Noriday too!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 7:00pm
I have just started on the mini pill and am terrified I will fall pregnant as I fell so quickly with Lauren, you girls make me so nervous, I couldn't cope being pregnant and with a new baby at the moment!
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 7:14pm
Sadly my doctor informed me that the minipill sometimes causes m/c (not intended though), more so than the regular pill
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 7:23pm
I've never touched the mini pill for this exact reason, but then I was on one of the more expensive combined pills and I ended up preggers. What a waste of money! lol
KiwiL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 12:02am
Can I ask a question... please don't anyone be offended!! I am just curious.

Were you all taking the pill exactly as directed? Same time each morning, without ever missing any?

My friend got preg on the minipill, but I used to often see her stressing out about forgetting to take it. Then she got really angry when she fell pregnant, but it was kind of her fault as she seemed to constantly not follow the directions. I did truely feel for her situation, of course, but it's like any medication that can go wrong if not taken correctly.

So, I would be really interested to know if people have had experiences where they were taking it correctly. Particularly as I was on the minipill for ages, and feel bummed that I didn't get pregnant!!
BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Laurie Laurie wrote:

Can I ask a question... please don't anyone be offended!! I am just curious.

Were you all taking the pill exactly as directed? Same time each morning, without ever missing any?

My friend got preg on the minipill, but I used to often see her stressing out about forgetting to take it. Then she got really angry when she fell pregnant, but it was kind of her fault as she seemed to constantly not follow the directions. I did truely feel for her situation, of course, but it's like any medication that can go wrong if not taken correctly.

So, I would be really interested to know if people have had experiences where they were taking it correctly. Particularly as I was on the minipill for ages, and feel bummed that I didn't get pregnant!!

yeah i wonder the same thing cos i have friends who have moaned about getting pregnant but would also take the pill irregularly.

ETA - this thread has just reminded me that i am still on the minipill but on the verve of no more BF!! better run to the doc to change!!! no more babies for me thanks!!!
Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 4:28pm
Paige was conceived on a full pill...however I was training for a tri and was doing 3 hours exercise a day (which apaprently can muck up hormones and the pill)

Blake..cant remember think we were practicing withdrawal method....HA HA Well Mark was supposed to be!

And this little suprise was on the Mini Pill NORIDAY............And yes taken correctly...except did get food poisoning about time of conceivement (is that a word) so who knows!

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 5:07pm
Yup, I was religious about taking it and set the alarm on my mobile so I wouldn't forget to take it ontime!

The Dr I went to see when I got the positive told me he'd seen a lot of Noriday pregnancies, I'm not sure how many 'a lot' is in Dr's terms but maybe it's not quite as effective as others?
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:52pm
I think Noriday is 97% if I remember correctly. Just threw my last few boxes out...AS WONT BE NEEDING THOSE EVER AGAIN...Chop chop!! He he

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:58pm
Hannah = Emergency Contraceptive Pill

Next time = Femulen. Taken pretty well religiously. Stuffed up once and used condoms for 2 weeks. Still got pregnant. Argh.
 Post Reply Post Reply