FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShaving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaving
    Posted: 11 January 2008 at 11:11pm

Random I know to be talking about this now but...

Before DH went away we were talking about shaving and how when he first started he did it in secret for a few months before his mum knew anything about it.

So I was wondering if your DH also did this and those that have older boys (Ann and Annie) do your boys shave now? Did they do it in secret as well to begin with?

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:35am
I did it in secret for nearly 2 years (under arms), and only a few times (legs) until they found out and went nuts! I was 13 when they found out.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:37am
he he me too Kellz, and I was 13. The only one in my year at high school who didnt I did it in secret cos I knew my mum would hit the roof, dont know why tho... Sorry Becks, OT!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:19am
My mum was never against it but grandma was - not sure why really. I did do it every summer from when I was 13 I think and mum knew about it. Wish I could be bothered more now

shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 4:02pm
I don't know about boys but my nine year old already shaves under her arms she started getting hair at about 7!!! so I bought her an electric shaver. She doesn't shave her legs yet though. I will let her do that when she is 11 or 12.
My older daughter is very hairy due to eight years of steroids etc so she has been teased allot about her hairy legs. Last year she started intermediate and wasn't aloud to wear trousers so I let her shave her legs.

I think I started shaving my legs about the same time but it was soooooo long ago I can't really remember. My parents didn't mind at all.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 9:03pm
I did my legs and pits in secret for about 6 months (peer pressudre, probably, everyone else was doing it)cos I knew mum would go mad, but I got my first period when we were away on a family holiday at the end of 3rd form year and she just said (in a real sarky tone) "well, I suppose you're shaving your legs and armpits as well now, too. Once you start, you can't stop."

Not too sure if N started shaving in secret or not, but we bought him a good electric razor for xmas last year, he had been asked (once) to shave at school, so had started (probaly only needs to do it monthly, lol) buthe has been shaving his legs (much to my great mirth and Hubbys great disgust) for about 2 years now. apparently "everyone" does it (and they all fake tan as well!!!)
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:27pm
lol yeah there were a few guys at our school who thought it was kewl to shave their legs.

I think i shaved in secret too from start of intermediate, not cos i needed to, just cos others were. I remember my older sister noticing when i went to stay at her place and she asked me and i remember begging her to please not tell mum. Can't remember when i got my own razor - i think 3rd form maybe?   And mike, was a late bloomer so didn't really need to shave much even when i met him. lol
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:32pm
yeah I didn't need to shave, either, I'm very very fair, and still don't really need to. Funny what you will do cons "everyone else" is....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:33pm
and was just thinking we have got that to look forward to with our girls. How do you aproach that? My neices (9 and 12) on R's side go and get their hair foiled and go to the beauty place etc etc, I just think thats a wee bit... young? almost "grooming" them? they are stil little girls???
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:42pm
12 ok possibly, 9 nope.. of course though if you take the older one you have to take the younger.

but yeah, i dunno how to cope with that either, i don't want to let them do things too early but i don't want them thinking they have to hide it from me either. I draw the line at cellphones before high school, and probably at make-up other than lipgloss before high school.. even then, prob would say a bit of mascara only. nothing worse than remembering back to the girls who were made up to the 9's with perfect flat hairsprayed hair in my 3rd form class. oh how i kinda wanted to be them, but kinda thought to myself "why?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:57pm

I saw on the TV a few days ago about girls as young as 12 getting brazillians .

I was 12 when I starting shaving my legs and was 15 when I started waxing (with my mums blessing) my legs.

I went to highschool with a "makeup girl" and she was called that. She had a face of makeup on everyday. Never did swimming or sport incase it ran. in 7th form we found out that she had some really bad skin issues, but I didn't think that it needed a face full of makeup, maybe some foundation.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:07pm
probably the make-up would not have helped it either!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 11:19pm

You would think but everyday she was like that. We never saw her without makeup on even at 7th form camp.

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 7:43am
My brother secretly shaved at about 12 I think, not that he had anything that needed shaving lol
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 9:04am
Mike (my fiance) Was still barely having to shave when I met him. He was 17... he still now at nearly 21 only needs to shave moustache line, and chin area... doesn't get any hair up the sides, and it doesn't grow very fast - he only usually shaves when I bug him to because it gets itchy

My mum has never shaved her legs. Ever. She has what she likes to call "virgin legs" So I had a bit of a struggle convincing her to let me shave mine at about 13. I'm blonde though... probably would've kicked up a bit more of a fuss if I had darker hair

The_Stuarts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Stuarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 9:47am
My mum doesn't shave, never has. She has no hair on her legs but really hairy armpits (very European) so I always think it's quite comical that my dad went out and bought me my first razors when I was about 12.
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 12:57pm
i cant remember when i started shaving. Is it a sensitive topic with boys? I just presumed once they started to get facial hair i would get hubby to show Kobe how to shave, never really thought it might be something he does secretly.
I was in the cycling team at school and all the guys i hung round with shaved thier legs!
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 12:50am
I started shaving my legs when I was 11 and got ridiculed because of it (kids can be so cruel) I didn't have any under arm hairs for the longest time (about 14 i think) so they didn't really get any attention until then LOL

My stepson who turned 13 in Sept has decided it's fun to shave even when you only have 2 whiskers, and the bad thing is... he uses all of DF's razors by getting a new one at every shave.... GAH!!!!

Edited by Neeks
 Post Reply Post Reply