FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10311032103310341035 1037>
Author
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 3:52pm
LB - sorry to hear that your little folk are not well. Sophie went through a stage of having difficulty doing poos but never that bad, poor Ollie. Then she went the other way and became a 3 - 4 poo a day girl . Hope that your regular doctor is back soon and can help.

Emz - I hope that Jack is feeling a bit better soon. It must be very hard for a child to understand . I saw your other thread asking for ideas and the idea of Jack having a photo of his Dad to carry around is a good one, as is it scrapbook idea. Maybe it could be something the two of you could do before bed - add something each day to "tell Dad about Jack's day"? Hope your Dad is better today as well. What a crappy week you are having.

Hope the preggie ladies are good - baby watch, fun . Sorry WRX - I am not much help, when I had Sophie we parked in the regular car park behind the women's block, didn't even think about the "OMG the baby is coming" parking. I had to stop about 4 times walking across the car park and down the path. Sophie arrived 15 minutes later .

We had my MIL and the girls cousin to stay for a couple of days (he is 11 and the girls him) It was good but I am shattered, and much as I like my MIL, she is not really very helpful. Doesn't help with bed time or bath time. A & S would love for her to have read them their bedtime story but no, nada .

I have just watched Grey's and PP and gosh PP was so sad, I cried

Sponsored Links

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by jaycee jaycee wrote:

I have just watched Grey's and PP and gosh PP was so sad, I cried

Me too! I am so glad DH is away so that he didn't get to mock me

I'm loving the sense of humour with Hannah and Josh.

Here however DH just spends time trying to explain to the girls how his Rebreather (fancy dive stuff) works.

Yayy for Ollie pooing. Fingers crossed he's free flowing again

We're off to Hamilton on Friday morning for hte weekend. DH is away diving (surprise surprise) so us girls are using our well earned air points to go visit rellies.
Eimear is convinced that the plane is going to end up at Grannys house. Somehow I don't think a 2x2 seater plane will make it that far

Righteo bedtime for me. Hopefully the girls realise that they're allowed to sleep PAST 6am tomorrow
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 7:36pm
Hi everyone

Char for Drew's words! That's brilliant. I'd say he'll be off and away before you know it!
I hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend together before the crazy school/kindy/daycare roundabout starts next week.
Is it next week that Drew starts at kindy with Leo?

Freesia, you can hound me all you like - you'll be in for a bit of a wait

Jane, how're the kids today?
How did DH's dental surgery go? I hope he's OK. I know his recovery time is a little longer than most. Hope he's managing OK.

Jaycee, that's a shame your MIL isn't more proactive with the kids. Her loss, I say!
My MIL is great with Hannah, but isn't one to pitch in with bath and dinner, she's an observer (while free-flowing with the advice/critiques)

Tishy, enjoy your few days in Hamilton.. If my sister wasn't coming to stay I'd suggest to DH we drove over the hill to come and see you - we're only an hour away. Nevermind, it'll be lovely for you to have some family time - especially on air points!
Did the girls sleep past 6am for you today?

I've totally overdone things this week. I couldn't even manage the short walk to Playgroup today, so I spent the morning next door, in the sun, while the kids ran riot and me and my friend gossiped. It was nice.
I feel better for it today. Still feeling a bit ouchie *down there* and my back clicks with every step..still, happily pregnant and loving the rolling baby and little feet poking through the skin in my tummy
DH and I have finally settled on a name. I'm so thrilled! It's the one I really wanted and he's decided he likes it
All that's left to do now is to pack my bag and push hiim out

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 8:13pm
Yay about the name Charly Can't wait to find out what it is. Take it easy - glad to hear you had a relaxing morning.

Hope you have fun in Hamilton, Tishy Ollie has never been "free flowing"... I wish he was! Never thought I'd be saying that

I always cry in Greys Anatomy too. Hope you get some good rest tonight, Jaycee!

I was in the delivery suite today love love love it!

Ollie was at daycare today, he did really well but was very tired by the end of the day and a bit grumpy throughout dinner time, and went to bed early. Chloe stayed home today with DH because her asthma isn't under control yet, and they did some gardening and things. DH must be feeling much better because he's playing soccer tonight (silly boy).
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:22pm
Good work on the name sorting Charly!

Jack had a great day at DC today thank god. And my dad got out of hospital - oesophageal hernia that they can treat with strong drugs, caused by Voltaren (he has taken it every day for about 20 years). So they are probably going to have to start injecting it so it doesn't go through the oesophagus and stomach. He had McD's for tea though after not being able to eat for 3 days lol. Good day all round
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 9:30pm
Yay emz, so relieved to hear that things are going a bit better for you today
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 11:10pm
Emz's that's good news that they know what the problem is and can treat it.

Yay for getting your name Charly I'm glad you're still managing to enjoy the pregnancy. I kept trying to enjoy mine too jic it was the last one.

Have fun in Hamilton Tishy.

JC, my MIL has never even had the opportunity to bath, feed (or anything like that) either of my girls. My mum does it happily though.

LB, hope the kids continue to improve. Yay for being in the delivery sweet today. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one to see what women go through.

With Danielle, we had to enter the hospital through the emergency area but it was pretty obvious what I was there for and it's not too big a walk to the elevators to the maternity ward for us. DP dropped me off at the doors so I wouldn't have to try and walk and I waited for him inside. Our student mw arrived at the same time though so she waited with me.

I really should get to bed, I'm going to regret this in the early hours of the morning
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:07am
I had the worst sleep last night. Had some really strange movements going on and lots of really low movement so now im paranoid she has flipped like josh did then all night she didnt move until a couple of light pokes up high but i cant work out how she is lying. Gunna text MW after my shower and see if she can fit me in for a quick visit just to see what she thinks. I was so freaked i was going to go into labour and it be the same as josh again but DP is home today so i managed to get a bit of a sleep in to make up for my crazy mind keeping me up.

I dont think id be in such a hurry to go early if the panicing wasnt driving me nuts.

Glad things are going better for you both LB and Emz.

Better shower and txt MW so i can hopefully put my mind at ease about babys direction
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:40pm
hope the MW was able to put your mind at rest WRX - waiting for baby to appear is frustrating, especially if you have another child to watch and arrange care for. Every time there was a twinge I was thinking 'is this it?'

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:53pm
wrx, hope you get some good news from the MW.

You were up late Freesia! Hope you aren't too tired today
arohanui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arohanui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:53pm
JC so nice to see you back! Well done you for having a break... uh oh, looks like we've got you addicted again though lol.

Charly can't wait to hear the name!! Wrx, have you got a name?

LB I am so sad and frustrated on your behalf that you guys are STILL having such a bad run of things health wise I wish you lived closer so I could help out in some practical way.

Emz, how is Jack doing today?
Mama to DS1 (5 years), DS2 (3 years) and...
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 1:57pm
Aww thanks Liz, you are so sweet
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 4:10pm

Yeah Liz we have a first name but no middle name yet. 

Havent heard from Midwife but did feel missy move in a way that makes me think she is still head down so im not as concerned now would be good to get it confirmed tho.  I know MW has a lot of women due at the moment so i can understand her not getting back to me in a hurry unless i page her.

Mum and dad are taking josh for tonight so tonight would suit for her to arrive but not sure she will see it that way haha she is moving a lot at the moment so dont think she is in a hurry to leave

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 7:36pm
Jack's good thanks Liz Although he has conjunctivitis again (twice in 3 weeks!). Luckily we already have the eyedrops for him.

Wrx, hope all is well with you.
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 8:58pm

just a quick update as im not very comfy but MW scanned me at hospital and definitely head down so yay hopefully i can relax and sleep tonight unless she decides to arrive since the MW told bub it would suit since she has a induction tonight anyway and has been at the hospital the last 4 nights anyway i think she would be happy to get another one out of the way.

would add more but i cant concentrate today and im getting sore and uncomfy will hopefully be better tomorrow or in 2

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:24am

Morning all!  I am feeling very tired today and really annoyed with myself...  I sat up until 2.00am this morning just pottering on FB and looking back over old photos.  I am trying to do the kids books through snap fish - with photos and little milestone notes.  Its fun but I really am hoping Katherine can sort out the printable version of this thread so I don't have to go back page by page to find all my inputs....  I want to do their first year and second year and then give it to the grandparents for Xmas. and have a copy for myself.

How is everyone? Janey how is Ollie today?  TA hows little miss treating you? Emz how is Ava today? Finally my lil house is illness free - touch wood so will send some healthy vibes nz way.

I've had no luck with finding a job yet.  I've been to a couple of interviews and walked out feeling really good only for them to be filled internally.  I don't see the point in following company policy and wasting someones time if you know you are going to appoint someone internally.  DH has told me I am being too fussy, but I really don't want to go back to work and not enjoy it....  So fussy I will remain.

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Verena Verena wrote:

Its fun but I really am hoping Katherine can sort out the printable version of this thread so I don't have to go back page by page to find all my inputs.... 

Sorry **lurker in*** - does anyone know if Katherine is looking into this? It would be awesome if we could print these out....

Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:35am

MF, I have PM Katherine and she was responding to me a while back.  She said she would get it looked at but my recent PM to see how she was getting on has fallen on deaf ears. 

Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 7:33pm

Hi ladies. We are still investigating the possibility of getting a printer-friendly version of this thread, but as it is 1033 pages long, it is causing some trouble -- the printer-friendly capabilities of our message boards were not intended for a file this huge. Thank you for your interest, and please know that we are working on it, and I will let you know as soon as I have some news.

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 7:36pm

lol wow at 1033 pages, pretty impressive girls!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10311032103310341035 1037>