FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJanuary & February Mummies 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10321033103410351036 1037>
Author
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 7:41pm

I know! It must be a record! :)

Sponsored Links

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 8:26pm
1034 (*edited to fix from 1043 to 1034)

Thanks Katherine!

Edited by MamaPickle

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 10:45pm
We are pretty chatty

Is there some way of only seeing our own posts in the printable version (eg. display only my own posts in this thread - or do I have to trawl through them all)
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Katherine Katherine wrote:

Hi ladies. We are still investigating the possibility of getting a printer-friendly version of this thread, but as it is 1033 pages long, it is causing some trouble -- the printer-friendly capabilities of our message boards were not intended for a file this huge. Thank you for your interest, and please know that we are working on it, and I will let you know as soon as I have some news.

Hi Katherine, Maybe it'd be possible to add an option to select the number of pages to print before previewing. I assume it's all being pulled out of a database anyway so should be easy enough to implement.

/takes developer hat off again
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 11:48am
Hi team, I've had a chat to our developer today and here is a solution for you if you want to search for your own posts in this thread (or any other particular thread).
It should work with any other particular thread you'd like to search individually, as long as you have that thread ID number from the URL.

Thanks for your patience while we worked this out, and happy searching!

:) Katherine
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 11:52am

Thanks Katherine - you are a legend!

WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 11:57am
awesome - wonder if this will be what finally kills my dinosaur computer hahaha maybe i should clear some space or get out the external before i try that
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:14pm
Katherine - you guys are LEGENDS!!!! Thats so awesome!  Thank you so much!
Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:30pm
Thanks Katherine. That has saved me so much time!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:36pm
Awesome Katherine!
Thank you so much!

I can finally put together a pregnancy/infancy/toddler diary!

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 4:26pm

yay thanks Katherine!!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 4:52pm
Lurker - Thanks Katherine. I didn't need to copy and paste all my pregnancy posts then . I might copy and paste your comment in the Oct 07 thread, as we're big talkers in there too (not quite as chatty as you guys, but there's less of us!)

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 6:48am
Congratulation, Charly and family on the arrival of your little man. Enjoy the newborn cuddles. Can't wait to hear your birth story...

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 9:02pm
!!! Congrats Charly!!!!

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 3:18pm
Thanks everyone

OK, especially for Peanut - my birth story
(it's really not that interesting...).

On Thursday night I felt a bit "off", a bit niggly and really tired, so I went to bed at 9pm.
I woke up at 2:30am to pee (as you do) and heard a gush into the toilet. I turned the light on and found my pyjama pants were wet, too.
I called my midwife who advised me to sit tight until the pain started.
I tried to get some sleep, but it didn't come.
DH got up at 8am and we had breakfast together with Hannah. I went back to bed at about 9, waking up at 10 with definite niggles.

My midwife called at midday to see how I was getting on, she said she was at the hospital so to go up and see her so she could assess things.

By 12:30 I was on the bed having an internal (3cms). My midwife decided to sweep the membranes (and boy did she do that!! ).
As soon as I stood up my plug came away and we were told to go home and relax.

Things started to get a bit more painful from then, but not too bad.
DH and I put Hannah to bed for her nap at 2pm and had lunch and watched some TV - I sat at the computer, using an online contraction timer.
By 3pm things were getting quite regular and painful.
My midwife called at 3:30 to check on me. DH spoke to her as I couldn't speak. She'd advised us to meet her at the hospital at 4pm.
5 minutes later things kicked up again so DH called MIL to come and pick Hannah up. She arrive 5 minutes later to find us racing out the door (after I gave Hannah a quick kiss and cuddle goodbye - talk about hard! The realisation hit that it was going to be the last time it was just me and her ).
We got to the delivery suite at 3:50, midwife arrived 10 minutes later.
I put on a gown, between contractions, while midwife hooked up the gas (I remember telling her how much I love her).
She told me she'd let me have a few more contractions before doing a vaginal exam.
I was watching the clock, but as about 3 minutes went by without a contraction I started to get a bit worried things had slowed down again.
I started to get the start of another one so my midwife calmly got up, started to rub my back and said "This one's going to be a big one, I think". She sure knew what she was talking about!
This was 4:50pm.

4:55pm the gas is calmy taken from me and I'm helped up onto the bed.

4:56pm I'm told to start pushing. Baby is discovered to be completely posterior and having a hard time getting himself out. My knees are shoved up by my ears and my feet are braced on my midwife and her student's hip bones and away we went.

5:12pm lil Mason's head pops out, looking up at ceiling - cord wrapped loosely around his neck. So I had to hold fire until that was slipped off and his body was turned to come out easier.

5:13pm and he's out. 7lb, 4oz. 50cm with very powerful lungs!!
Skin to skin commenced and he latched like a pro first go. APGARS 9:1 10:5.
Exactly the same as his big sister.

No tearing, but he nicked a vessel on his way out, so I have a few internal stitches, but nothing major

That's about it. Painful to say the least, glad I don't have to do it again

Edited by MamaPickle

LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 8:35am
Fantastic birth story Charly, well done you!!
WRXnKids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRXnKids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 8:44am
Your story makes it sound easy and not too scary. Man i cant wait to have my baby.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 9:02am
Aww, thanks, Charly! For some strange reason I love birth stories....

It sounds like it went well for you and by your FB updates sounds like you are ticking along nicely. Can't wait to see more pics now that I have to live thru others.

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 12:10pm
Lovely birth story Charly. I remember saying good bye to Livvy. We had to leave at 4.30am and I was going to leave her to sleep but she woke up with the noise and I was so glad to have been able to give her one last cuddle and kiss before we left. Hard trying to hold the tears back in front of them though eh?
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 12:35pm

Sounds like Mason was good to his Mummy :) Ashlee was sideways coming out not sure if that is classed as posteria.  I feel like a meany, I never thought of not being one on one with daniel.  I was just graetful he was asleep when we left and when we arrived home he had just got up.

So having it so easy Charly are you sure you won't go back for one more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10321033103410351036 1037>