FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHELP - Sydney Accommodation Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP - Sydney Accommodation Help
    Posted: 31 January 2008 at 4:59pm
Ok I've got to midnight tonight to book us a weekend away in Sydney with Emirates.

Do we stay around Darling Harbour?

Do we stay around Pitt Street and/or George St

What about by the central train station?

I just figured we'd go to The Rocks, Manly and/or Bondi, Darling Harbour, Opera House, maybe the zoo??? It's just for me and DH.

OMG I am confused, I haven't been there for 10 years. But these airfares are too good to pass up.. HELPPPPPP! please.

Ohhh and I want to book it before DH gets home @ 6pm, I want it to be his birthday present

TIA
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

aussiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:17pm
Darling Harbour is lovely to stay nearby :) Just nice being around the water, IMO :)
Definitely go to Manly, the zoo (get the ferry!) Bondi, SHOPPING,Opera House, Botanical Gardens always nice for a walk and the museum at Darling Harbour is good for kids...just cant think of the name! (Not the maritime museum )
Also possibly the aquarium at Darling Harbour. So much to do...does get costly though!

OOps just realised its just for you and DH, veto the museum and aquarium!!

Edited by aussiegirl
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:19pm
I think Darling Harbour is where we'll stay and we'll just catch the monorail to get closer to town.

I haven't checked the draw for the NRL yet!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:21pm
ooh yes, you will have to go to a game! When are you going? I LOVE DArling Harbour and think of the restaurants and nice bars you can go to...you will have an awesome time!
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:32pm
Fly out on the 9th back on the 12th

OMFG I've just checked!! On the 9th we are playing Australia. Ohhh how do I get tickets??????

Warriors have a bye that weekend - Phew!

Edited by .Mel
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:45pm
What game is that mel? is it a test match? I think www.ticketek.com.au do all the tickets in Aussie for league games

ETA: Have just realised you mean the Centenary Test... Hope you can get tickets, maybe try emailing the warriors club and see if they can tell you about tickets?

Edited by aussiegirl
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:50pm
It's just a test, just a one off, just says its a centennial.

Oh thanks for that linky! OMG he's going to be sooo stoked! This is the most expensive birthday/anniversary present I've ever brought!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:52pm
We got married in Sydney in May last year and the weather was brilliant! Good luck with getting tickets!
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:56pm
Thanks Tammy
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 8:22pm
we are heading to sydney in april but staying with my bother there so no worries on the accom cost - mind if its just you and hubby it will be cheaper
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 8:51pm

You are so lucky if you get to go to the test. I would say Darling Harbour is a good place to stay. And you have to do a walk down Kings Cross at night

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 1:07am
That sounds awesome Mel, your DH will love you for it! Darling Harbour is a lovely place to stay, and there are so many yummy places to eat too. My Dad took me to Sydney for the Anzac test back in 2000 for my 21st, and we lost 52-0. I have my fingers crossed for the opposite result this time!!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 8:25am
Bayley do you know where your DH brought the tickets from? I dont know where to get them?
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 9:02am
Mel I don't know, but I will see if I can find out for you. I've had a look on google but there is nothing about it anywhere!
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 9:15am
Yeah I've done the same thing. If you could find out I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 10:06am
No problem, I'll ask Dad tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 3:35pm
mel, last time I went to see a test game (aust vs england back in 2002) I got tickets through my club...are you a member of the warriors club? If not email or ring them as they will definitely know how to get tickets :)
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:01pm
Thanks Tammy, I called the office, and I'm waiting for the receptionist to call me back... that was at 10 this morning!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:34pm
Ok finally got an answer!!

Ticket sales for the Kiwis v. Kangaroos test, 09 May 2008, Sydney
Tickets to the above test go on sale from 06 March from Ticketek in Australia
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Bayley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 4:43pm
Yay Mel, glad you got an answer. Guess you'll be on the net around 11am that day?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>