FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBabies with reflux any foods 2 avoid?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Westy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Babies with reflux any foods 2 avoid?
    Posted: 06 February 2008 at 5:36pm

my baby girl has reflux. Are there any certain foods,drinks etc..that i should be avoiding??

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 9:29pm
I think it is just trial and error really. I found that pears would make mine a bit more spilly but now he is ok on them. I also found that leaving it 15mins between his bottle and his solids helped reduce it too (thankfully it seems to have stopped all by itself now). If you are worried about allergies as well then just make sure you follow the 4 day rule so that you will know straight away which food has caused the reaction and leave things like diary/eggs/nuts etc till after 12 months.

Westy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:30pm

not so much allergies yet....Shes only 3mnths atm...She'll be 4mnths on the 26th of this month...

emm im a first time mum - sorry for asking, whats the 4 day rule?

Bumble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:31pm
Not much adive here as I didn't BF (I assume from your wording of your post that you are )

But lots of HUGS!!!!!!
formerly known as "Bee"

Ethan ~ March 2003 Big 6 year old school boy!
Micah ~ Aug 2008 ~ Smiley pants who loves telephones!
Westy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:36pm

yes i am - still -...but not as much as was the past 3 months as my plunket nurse strongly suggested to us that we mostly bottle feed her.  <----had reasons for that...

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 7:18am
Plunket should talk to you about the 4 day rule when they do the thing on solids (which i missed, ooops). Basically when you start solids you give a little bit of food, so say apple, then the next day a bit more and build up over the 4 days if no reaction is seen then you can add a second food in, so say pumpkin, then for the next 4 days you would only feed apple and/or pumpkin until your are sure that the pumpkin is not causing a reaction then you can add another new food so on and so on. So basically once you are up at 8 months like me you have loads of foods that you know are fine that they can eat and then is just a case of when you give something new to make sure its only one new thing at a time.

So even though you aren't looking for allergies it might be useful for the spilling as well, some foods do seem to make it worse and if you follow the rule you will quickly now which one it is, if you introduced 5 different foods all at once it would be hard to tell.

Hope that makes some sense.

And sorry I miss read your orginal post and thought you were talking about solids.
With the breastfeeding some people try cutting out diary/wheat but I would check with gp or plunket or a dietician first cos they are major food groups to take out of your diet.

Post Reply Post Reply