FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood products for baby with eczema??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Deb_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Deb_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good products for baby with eczema??
    Posted: 07 February 2008 at 12:15pm
My 16 week old baby has small patches on his arms & legs which the doctor said could be eczema. I had it as a kid so i hope thats not what it is. So what products would you recommend?
Sponsored Links

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 12:20pm
No products with perfumes or chemically stuff in them.

Don't use baby wash in the bath or any moisturiser.

Get emulsifying ointment and smother him in that at any chance you get.

Seriously though, baby products are really unnecessary. Use the bare minimum or the eczema is likely to get worse.

I didn't think anything of Han's dry patches until she was about a year old when they flared up in a HUGE way and she's still suffering from it a few years on (summer doesn't help )
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 1:59pm
What she said!! And I cant emphasise enough how you dont need baby bath washes etc as they often just exacerbate the problem by drying out their skin even more. We never used anything other than water in the bath until Hannah was well over one.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Smartmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 4:12pm
We use the eco store laundry liquid for my daughter, she hasnt had excema since i started using it!
You can also use thier soaps etc as they are very friendly.
porcelina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porcelina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 11:29pm
Someone wrote into Little Treasures that ran out of cortisone creams etc that tried Manuka Skintreat and raves about it ..... www.mshop.co.nz

I might get some and try it myself, my daughter has had rough patches which I am sure are eczema since birth, I have been smearing lucas' paw paw ointment (that stuff from pharmacies in a red tub) on the patch I get on my face and on the bits on Ruby (up near her scalp, behind her ears and on her legs). That moisturises it nicely and is natural but doesn't make it go away. And I don't want any cortisone on me (breastfeeding) or on her so I thought I'd give that skintreat a go.
pekemoemum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekemoemum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 3:25pm
yep agree with others. we didn't actually use any soaps in our boys baths and when excema was flaring just bath every second day and smear emulsyfiying cream on all the time.
midnight_sakura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight_sakura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 10:34am
Hi, Renew lotion from Melaluca is great for excema and other skin conditions. My freinds baby had excema all over and is using this lotion and it has pretty much cleared it all up.

They also sell eco-freindly and child/animal safe cleaning and laundry products, vitamins, shampoo, make-up
Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 11:33pm
ALPHA KERI PRODUCTS!!!!!!!they are the best!they have a bath oil which you add to the bath to mousturise the skin(does make them a bit slippery) and they have a really good skin cream for afterwards.also have a pump soap.you can buy these products from the chemist only but are quite affordable.caleb and brooke both had mild cases and fortunately never got any worse.maybe because of alpha keri.smells nice too.weird cause usually everything gota be unperfumed.hey and coloidal silver cream was good to
Caleb 15/11/02 Brooke 14/11/05
 Post Reply Post Reply