FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"In the Womb" Documentry Tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "In the Womb" Documentry Tonight
    Posted: 08 February 2008 at 8:04pm
At 9.30 on National Geographic Channel there is a documentry about pregnancy, Ive read the book "In the Womb" and its really interesting Im pretty sure this is the same as the book...
Anyways so if anyone has sky then it would be a good watch

Edited by Sheza

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 8:53pm

It is a really good doco, i've seen it a few times and love it.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 9:00pm
Ohh yay, something interesting to watch. So sad, I'm sitting at home on my own on a Friday night and am soo bored.
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 9:07pm
I'll be watching it :D I'm gonna make the BF watch as well.
Rachel75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 9:10pm
I had to ask DH if I could book the tv lol. He goes "oh are you going to watch in the womb?" I think he was planning on watching it himself
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 9:12pm
I just "booked" in it with DH aswell, he seemed kind of keen aswell to my surprise!

and that was after making him watch "So you think you can dance"
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 9:14pm
We have watched that a few times now, it was great for DH to understand what was going on - he loved it!
Mum to two beautiful kids   
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 9:22pm
Thats good Bel that your DH loved it. Probably a bit late for my DH to watch it, but atleast he can learn something from it for himself, instead of me just quoting out of books to him for the 9 months like I
did
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:21pm
Hehe you guys had to book the TV? I've let my man watch so much cricket that he blimmin OWES me hehe..
I think he's enjoying the doco - although its at the last bit and he's like 'ew they're not gonna show that baby being born are they?'
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:29pm
HHAHA I just had to post and say, Matt just watched the lady have the baby and omg you should have seen the look on his face.. all screwed up and stuff. And what made tears come to my eyes, he goes 'It looks like a rubber chicken.'
Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:31pm
uhoh - he might have a hard time with your birth then... DH saw it and it nearly put him off...
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:33pm
hehe but he doesnt have to sit down the business end ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:38pm
I really enjoyed it, had to go down into the house and watch it with mum and dad(we live in a flat on the side of mum and dads house). the birth bit scared me! lol DF really enjoyed it aswell Its the book I read made into the doco.

Bel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:40pm
well DH didn't plan on it - but he saw everything and I swear it traumatised him...
Luke (09.11.2007)
Amy (01.04.2009)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:42pm
lol! My DF said he didnt mind the birth bit, he just found the whole thing amazing Im traumatized though! lmao!

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 10:45pm
Ah these men. so weak :P Not like they get to go thru the pain etc lol
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 11:08pm

My DH watched both births even after watching that doco.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 9:45am
That program bought back way to many memories of my own traumatic birth (I know that one wasn't traumatic, but it made me think back to mine), I don't think I am over what I went through just yet. Its made me really scared of having another baby now.
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 10:41am
I think its alot scarier to atcually see what is going on. The giving birth freaked me a little...
I asked DH if he wanted to watch but he said no way and played on the computer but 5 minutes into it he had atcually left the computer and watched, he even admitted he found it really facinating. Even though this is my second prenancy I learnt so much facinating stuff.

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 10:44am
Completely off the topic... Sheza -how do you find living so close to your parents? Sound like we have very similiar living situation. DH thought it was nice to know he wasnt the only guy out there having to live so close to his in-laws.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>