FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSlings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slings
    Posted: 11 February 2008 at 6:00pm
I have been considering getting a sling for a while, and have just booked a visit down to dunedin on a spur of the moment whim to visit family for a week, and as Seb likes walking some of the time anyway, I'm considering getting one soon so I can keep him out of trouble while we're there, and so I don't have to take his stroller.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm probably looking at around $70 max - Must be comfortable to wear... I was looking at a Moby wrap, but they don't seem to work so well with toddlers (only back carry seemed to require two people to set up ) As much as I would love a patapum or the like, we really can't afford it right now.

Sponsored Links

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 10:14am
Was just about to ask the same thing. I'm also considering a baby sling for #2. I have never used one before so I have no idea what to look for. Im wanting one that can be used from newborn right up to todler, if they exist? And I want it to be comfy and easy to put on. Any help??

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:17am
Check out Slingbabies they have suggestions on whats good and whats not so good. You can even email them.

I've got a Mei Tai sling/Kozy Carrier and I love it. Cooper loves being in there too.    Check the website

Also check out Junglemama she sells the Mei Tai's for cheaper, plus she has other kinds of slings/carriers available.

I really recommend the Mei Tai. My kids can even carry Cooper around in it!
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:37am
just bumped the topic started recently in the first/second child section... may have some addition info there for you too.

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 11:45am
Thanks guys I've decided to go with a Mei Tai from Junglemama.

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 12:29pm
Oh Yay - let me know what you think of it. I wish I'd got one earlier. Make sure you save the Kozy Carrier website to your favourites, they've got really good instructions on how to use it the best way that will suit you and your little guy.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 1:06pm
yeah - she suggested the Ergo would be better for a toddler his age, but then Seb's Small for his age (10.5kgs - about average 10-12month size) and I really just want it to keep him out of my hair - he can walk a fair distance, but I don't like reins, and he can be a little stroppy in wanting to do things "his way"

.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 1:30pm
Will you carry him on your back or front? I'm too scared to try carrying Cooper on my back just yet.
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

AliaDawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliaDawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 1:56pm
Back definately - I'd probably only do back from 6 months though.

Post Reply Post Reply