FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMarch and Feb 07 Kidz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 36>
Author
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 1:25pm
yes I am, Becks, and I need your new one!
We are having a smallish afternoon tea, I am going to make a cake with a doll in it. Charlyis really excited, shes been talking about her birthday and singing happy birthday to herself for weeks, now, very cute!
Must get a into g and book her in for her 2 year old check up. Hell, 2 already... time flies, aye?
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 8:14pm

Josh isn't having his party till the 28th due to weddings. But he is having 3 friends over (and extras) and having a small morning tea. He is also getting a party at daycare as well on the 13th.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 9:38am
Wow that time already? I can't believe it, feels like we were only just celebrating them turning 1!

Annie, Charly sounds so cute talking about her birthday. Lucas on the other hand prob has no idea what I'm talking about, but he's slowly getting there with his language. He's picking up about 3-5 words per day now, can string 1-3 words together seldomly. So darn cute!

We won't be celebrating ....maybe a lunch/afternoon tea with my family and dads sisters etc. Nana isn't sure if she'll be out of hospital and we're doubtful my Pop will make it. He's very very ill at the moment.

I'm going in for surgery on Monday ....finally! Have a cyst in my ovary measuring 8cm, have had to go through a series of tumor tests due to further examination showing it to have nodular components, ovarian cancer strongly in the family etc etc. So waiting on those results as they'll determine whether its keyhole or open surgery, and whether i'll just lose the cyst or the whole ovary so as not to spill it and risk the spread of anything unmentionable. They're going to check for endo and fertility levels while they're at it. I have such a lovely gynecologist. Couldn't ask for better

I just can't wait to be pain free, and enjoy Lucas instead of wanting to constantly crawl into bed and die.

Hope everyone else is doing well, Hails how is your pregnancy coming along? Have you found out baby's sex yet? (sorry if i've missed something somewhere) Leish how is Iliana treating you? And hows Noah?
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 2:19pm
Yay! Its my precious Angel's birthday today

I cant believe its been 2 years already!
hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 3:34pm
Steph - big hugs! Sounds like you are going through some rough times with your Nanna and Pop, and you yourself! I hope it all goes smoothly for you on Monday and the cyst can be safely removed (hopefully for you via keyhole) without having to remove your ovary. Hows your Nana dealing with the amputations? Is she getting on well with the physio?

AzzaNZ - happy birthday to your little one, and Same for you Becks and Annie for Josh and Charly's birthdays over the weekend (in case I don't make it on here which is likely as I am working all darn weekend), we will need to post some pics soon of our big 2 (or nearly 2) year olds.

Am halfway in the next few days, had scan today and went really well. Haven't found out the flavour - I really wanted to but DH spoilt all my fun! Mind you I did have the chance to ask when he was out of the room with Elle but (ok I did ask and then the sonographer said "really" which made me think) I would probably spill it that I knew or slip up in some way. I looked and thought I saw a willy, then thought I saw 3 lines and then got horribly confused, so couldn't say either way, darnit!

Hope everyone else is going well. Still can't believe our babies are (or almost are) 2!

ETA - to fix spelling mistakes of which there are probably more but I can blame baby brain now

Edited by hailstones

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 8:12am

We have started TT!!!

Josh has been sitting on the toilet for a while now - just sitting there, but last night after I took his nappy off he said "wees, wees" and ran off to the toilet. Banged on the door to get Andrew out and sat on the toilet and did wees!!! I am hoping this it will continue. Not too fussed if it doesn't as he is just 2.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 2:21pm
Yay Josh!!!!!
I think we are a wee way off that here.
We are all go for the party, although Missy has a VERY suspicious rash, so we are off to the Drs this arvo, am hoping its not that sinister and we can go ahead with the party.
Saw your new haircut on FB Steph, looks fabbo.
Wow, Hails halfway already!
Happy baby birthday Azza and others who have had them!
and happy valentines day tomorrow for Charly and Josh, I posted his card today so it will be a bit belated...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 5:09pm

So will Charly's sorry, I have been a bit preoccupied with a few things here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 8:03pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH AND CHARLY!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a good day.
We had a super day, Charly really enjoyed herself. Will load up piccies to FB later on.

Hope all ok with you, Becks xxxxxx
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 10:09pm
Happy Birthday to Josh & Charly! Wow still can't believe how fast it's all come around!

HAPPY VALENTINES to all you lovely ladies and our bubbas

Edited by BuzzyBee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 3:21pm

Sorry its late but Happy Birthday for yesterday to Charly from Josh. We got stuck in Hamilton last night after the wedding so didn't come back like I wanted to.

Josh got a few presents up there but the rest will happen on the 28th.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:56pm
We had our plunket check up...
Get my tiny lass (shes *just* going into size one, although still on 0's alot of stuff...)

10.35 kg and 81 cm tall..... in the bottom centile...
However, she eats liek a horse and very normal tht way, but we do have alot of tiny people in my fmaily (not me obviously, lol) so they weren't bothered too much.
Excellent vocab and blah blah, all stuff tht I knew about how well she is doing, jus thow bloody tiny she is!
Makes up for it personality wise, tho!
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 10:06pm
Aww some days I'd love to have a tiny bubba iykwim. Lucas isn't chubba anymore (far from it really) but he's tall and still often mistaken for being older because of that. He's in size 3's now (some size 4 tops). Means the clothes cost that much more, def make the most of cheap baby sizing Annie! That's def a plus and sounds like Charly is absolutely thriving despite being a wee lass.
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 10:22pm
Eek a very late Happy Birthday to both Josh and Charly. I really didn't 'get' how tiny Miss Charly is till having Iliana. We had plunket on Friday and she is 8.85kg so not too far off Miss Charly. She really sounds delightful though. Sounds like she is doing everything she's supposed to so go Charly.

Noah was approx 16.7kgs and 98cm long I think. Something like that anyway. Big boy and all proportioned. Great fun aren't they.
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 10:52pm
It's amazing how they change almost overnight huh, I was looking back at photo's of Luc at 14 months, and compared to now he's really lost that baby look about him.

And with weaning he's a completely diff kid, very independant. He literally changed overnight, it was clearly the perfect time to go cold turkey. First 2 nights whilst I was in hosp parents copped the brunt of it, he woke a couple times on both the Monday and Tues, then on Wed night when I was back he woke but managed to settle after many a tears and me telling him titty was all gone, thurs he slept through and has done since. In turn he's eating better and much better behaved (less tanties ....most days). I think Mum feels better too, not having her titties yanked to high hell in every direction imaginably possible Miss the bond though, something chronic. But I think we've learnt to appreciate each other much more, and in diff ways iykwim. Def tugs on the emotional strings this bfing/weaning business.

And talking up a storm ...finally. For the greater part of 14-22 months he just point blank refused to say anything apart from 5 or 6 words, or if he did they were 1 hit wonders. Now he parrots everything, even the not-so-good words (thank god he can't pronounce 'F' properly)

Everynight before bed we lie there together (yeah he may be self settling but we still co-sleep, once he's in a bed in his own room i'll leave the room after he's settled) he says routinely, every night without fail 'Night Mama, by Nana, bye Poppa, bye Gah (name he has for my bro), bye cat ...then waves at the window whilst saying 'bye moon an stars'. Give him 2 mins and he's conked out. Usually it could take anywhere up to hours just to settle him and i'd resort to breast.

Hope I'm not cursing myself by raving on & on about my 'angel'. I'm just so proud of him, he's handling the change so so well!

hailstones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hailstones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:57pm
Firstly a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH!!!!! I can't believe our wee Bubbas are turning 2 already!

Well done Steph on the weaning sounds like wee Lucas is doing really well. And glad to hear your Op went well - saw your pics on facebook - looks ouch but your Haircut looks FANTASTIC!!!! You look Stunning!

Elle's vocab has really taken off as well. She has become a little parrot and I have to remind DH alot to watch his language. She even says Ka kite for goodbye now - it sounds so cute!

She is off for her 1st weekend away from either of us at the end of the month. Mum is flying down and picking her up and we are off to a very good friends wedding in Tekapo. Cause Mum always talks about it with her Elle keeps saying Nanna - Plane, go to see Rosie (thats their dog). She is very excited! Then we are heading back to Chch to pick her up and going to the Kings of Leon concert while we are there - yay!

We have also booked her into childcare for 2 afternoons a week starting in April, she is going to love spending the time with all the other kids! And will give DH and I just a wee bit of time to either chill out or get things done, before or after work.

shaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 8:13pm
Hi all

And Happy Birthday to all of our beautiful little people.

I just thought I'd pop in to say hi and catch up a little but haven't really read back that far. (Too lazy)

I can't believe how fast the last two years have flown by.

Miss Alyssa is doing great she's a real chatter box now really bright and very bossy. We all do as we're told in our house. It's funny watching her boss Tasha and Alex around. Should really nip that in the bud so she doesn't end up to bossy. But it's pretty hard to say no to her. I think it's just that this stage is so very cute.

Well she's a bit of a shorty still at 84cm and 12.1kg
Tasha was the same height at that age but 11kg
Alex was 89cm and 12kg and she is still pretty tall, her and Tasha are the same height.
Mum to Natasha Aroha 9/12/1995, Alexandra Makareta Waimarie 22/4/1998 and....Alyssa Frances Hopaea 18/03/2007

[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2009 at 2:06pm

Well I finally got the boys into Plunket up here last week.

Josh is way off both scales 16.5kgs and 96.5cm tall. He is the average height and weight of a 3 1/2 year old!!!

Doing so well with his talking - he doesn't stop. Toilet training is going well he is at the stage of taking his clothes off just after he has done something to clean himself up. Loving his books and reading all the time.

Probably going to miss his big brother at DC in a couple of weeks so that will be interesting!!!

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 1:29pm
yeah yeah yeah....im back...thought i would announce my re-entry to you guys first! Let the others work it out for themselves...LOL!!!

Update on Miss Gabriella - OMG she is an awesome and gorgeous child, who is mega personality (no idea where she gets that - or her loud mouth from!!) and is so smart we are sooo screwed! and did i mention...still gorgeous! and yes tall....

ok yep Im back! and pleased it looks like a nicer place to be at moment....
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Bombshell Bombshell wrote:

ok yep Im back! and pleased it looks like a nicer place to be at moment....

OMG, I just saw your name in here and thought it must be a mistake   

Welcome back Stranger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 36>